Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:06 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,844,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Define "your", is he not your president? Aren't you also against illegal immigration?
This doesn't add up.
its simple English. "President Obama is not going to make your changes".

Your: Belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.

Changes:Make or become different: "a proposal to change the law"

"Your" refers to "changes" not the President.

One can be both agaisnt "Illegal Immigration" and "your changes".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 09:29 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,496,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Where is the opposition? Where is the masses of Americans demostrating for change?

Why is the opposition waiting for the federal government to make changes? CLUE: President Obama is not going to make your changes.

Dr. King didnt wait for the federal government to make changes. He put the question to the American people through demostrations, sit-ins, and marches.

Proponets of the Civil rights stuggle and those that opposed to the Vietnam War...faced jail, violence, and even death for their cause.

Is another blog, another thread...in opposition to illegal immigration needed?

Say what you want about Rep. Gutierrez or Dream act students, they are not waiting for the federal government to act. Right, wrong or indifferent...at least they have the balls to get out there and fight for what they believe.

Who's voicing your demands...on the streets where it counts?
I actually agree with you on this. My sister and I have been planning a protest march for some time. Sadly, our friend who was also involved just passed away a few weeks ago, so we are still reeling a bit from this loss. Jeannine was excellent at rallying others to join in, like she did when we had our Freedom Rally in the Park in 2009.

I firmly believe, based on the comments of some, that when it comes to this type of march people are afraid. The propensity for certain sectors of the Hispanic community to act violently against non-Hispanics who oppose them is a very real threat.

Another worry for some is that their face will show up in an article about the march with the word "racists" emblazoned in the headline. We never see pro-immigration marchers labeled in this way, but you can bet anti-illegal immigration marches will be. This is what they do to shut us down and prevent large scale opposition. If they can't beat us fairly they use intimidation, violence and unfair labels.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,972,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
If he feels so strongly for these "poor" illegal immigrants why doesn't he pack up his bags, move his family to Mexico and work on reforming THEIR government?
What other country will work to give these people "FREE EVERYTHING". It's like there is a banner that reads" Go To America, The People Work For The Poor To Give Them Anything They Need".

Need a house, Need a loan you don't want to pay back, Need FREE food, Need FREE medical, etc........Americans doing the work, so you don't have too!!

Old 04-21-2011, 10:29 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,595,767 times
Quote:
Where is the opposition? Where is the masses of Americans demostrating for change?

Why is the opposition waiting for the federal government to make changes? CLUE: President Obama is not going to make your changes.

Dr. King didnt wait for the federal government to make changes. He put the question to the American people through demostrations, sit-ins, and marches.

Proponets of the Civil rights stuggle and those that opposed to the Vietnam War...faced jail, violence, and even death for their cause.

Is another blog, another thread...in opposition to illegal immigration needed?

Say what you want about Rep. Gutierrez or Dream act students, they are not waiting for the federal government to act. Right, wrong or indifferent...at least they have the balls to get out there and fight for what they believe.

Who's voicing your demands...on the streets where it counts?
Quote:
Fax, E-mail and forum write...?

Even the oppostion in Egypt got of their off their computer chairs after "tweeting" to demostate in the streets...

"Tweeting" and "Facebooking"...the new demonstrating.
Let’s see. . . both CIR and the DREAM Act have been defeated NUMEROUS times without protest marches, demonstrations, or sit-ins.

On the other hand, illegals and their supporters have held countless marches and demonstrations, have spent days engaged in sit-ins outside Congressional offices, have gone on hunger strikes, have trekked from Florida to DC, and have sat in the middle of busy intersections blocking traffic -- all to garner support for the passage of CIR and the DREAM Act. Yet, NO CHANGE.

So, you were saying?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:17 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,343,680 times
Quote:
I actually agree with you on this. My sister and I have been planning a protest march for some time. Sadly, our friend who was also involved just passed away a few weeks ago, so we are still reeling a bit from this loss. Jeannine was excellent at rallying others to join in, like she did when we had our Freedom Rally in the Park in 2009.

I firmly believe, based on the comments of some, that when it comes to this type of march people are afraid. The propensity for certain sectors of the Hispanic community to act violently against non-Hispanics who oppose them is a very real threat.

Another worry for some is that their face will show up in an article about the march with the word "racists" emblazoned in the headline. We never see pro-immigration marchers labeled in this way, but you can bet anti-illegal immigration marches will be. This is what they do to shut us down and prevent large scale opposition. If they can't beat us fairly they use intimidation, violence and unfair labels.
You are correct. There was rally in Maywood, Ca a few years back and the pro-illegals vandalized the anti-illegals cars, threw a white woman on the ground, hit her and called a vile name, chased an elderly white man into a store with threats of bodily harm not to mention that they took the American flag down from the Post Office and raised the Mexican flag in its place.

Another incident was in Baldwin Park, Ca where an elderly white woman got hit over the head with a full bottle of water. There are numerous incidents of violence by the pro-illegal side. Peaceful protests, my lilly white behind! Is it any wonder that anti-illegals don't march in our streets out of fear for their lives?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:21 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,496,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are correct. There was rally in Maywood, Ca a few years back and the pro-illegals vandalized the anti-illegals cars, threw a white woman on the ground, hit her and called a vile name, chased an elderly white man into a store with threats of bodily harm not to mention that they took the American flag down from the Post Office and raised the Mexican flag in its place.

Another incident was in Baldwin Park, Ca where an elderly white woman got hit over the head with a full bottle of water. There are numerous incidents of violence by the pro-illegal side. Peaceful protests, my lilly white behind! Is it any wonder that anti-illegals don't march in our streets out of fear for their lives?
And Baldwin Park would be a very, very hard area to carry out a peaceful, non-violent march. That area is rife with crime, especially gangs!

Old 04-21-2011, 11:56 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,972,757 times
Quote:
And Baldwin Park would be a very, very hard area to carry out a peaceful, non-violent march. That area is rife with crime, especially gangs!
Is this the park they warn tourist not to visit. They say they see tourist going to a park in CA having pictures with families, happy to be there. Have no idea they could be robbed or shot at.

I have seen it on TV, not sure if this is the same.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,343,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Is this the park they warn tourist not to visit. They say they see tourist going to a park in CA having pictures with families, happy to be there. Have no idea they could be robbed or shot at.

I have seen it on TV, not sure if this is the same.
Baldwin Park is a city in So. Calif.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:31 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,494,216 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Not here in Arizona. To many good people carry and WILL shoot if threatened especialy by illegals

Old 04-21-2011, 02:11 PM

50,533 posts, read 47,308,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Let’s see. . . both CIR and the DREAM Act have been defeated NUMEROUS times without protest marches, demonstrations, or sit-ins.

On the other hand, illegals and their supporters have held countless marches and demonstrations, have spent days engaged in sit-ins outside Congressional offices, have gone on hunger strikes, have trekked from Florida to DC, and have sat in the middle of busy intersections blocking traffic -- all to garner support for the passage of CIR and the DREAM Act. Yet, NO CHANGE.

So, you were saying?
Ha, and the DREAMIES have entire portals devoted to it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration