Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 02:11 PM

48 posts, read 70,666 times

Advertisements

I have noticed many manual labor jobs on Craigslist that are asking for "Spanish speaking" applicants. I keep posting on there for employers to stop looking for illegals and start hiring legal Americans and they keep getting flagged and I keep receiving hate email calling me names and that the reason the employers want Mexicans is because they are harder workers and all Americans are lazy.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:16 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceChild1957 View Post
I have noticed many manual labor jobs on Craigslist that are asking for "Spanish speaking" applicants. I keep posting on there for employers to stop looking for illegals and start hiring legal Americans and they keep getting flagged and I keep receiving hate email calling me names and that the reason the employers want Mexicans is because they are harder workers and all Americans are lazy.
That is so much nonsense. They only want illegal Mexicans because they work cheap and put up with exploitaton such as longer hours and violations of employee safety and are afraid of being deported.

Americans have always done manual labor jobs but for a fair wage. All Americans aren't cut out for a desk job or lack the education. I get so tired of this pro-illegal propaganda that illegals work harder and that Americans are lazy.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:29 PM

48 posts, read 70,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That is so much nonsense. They only want illegal Mexicans because they work cheap and put up with exploitaton such as longer hours and violations of employee safety and are afraid of being deported.

Americans have always done manual labor jobs but for a fair wage. All Americans aren't cut out for a desk job or lack the education. I get so tired of this pro-illegal propaganda that illegals work harder and that Americans are lazy.
Exactly!

I took one of my sons to work one day a few years ago. As I was dropping him off, there were a few Hispanics walking towards the building and then a overhead door on the building lifted up to let them in and I seen about 25 of them already inside. I know that doesn't prove they are illegal, but we don't have a large population of Hispanics here, except in SW Detroit and this wasn't even near there.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
I like reading these boards, I really do, but as much as I agree with the fury many of us have about illegals here and their effect on our nation, I would like to see a thread of practical suggestions/outlets for our very valid points.

Please post here any sites, petitions, phone numbers (aside from the obvious congressional numbers), groups, etc. that are actually doing something to take care of the massive illegal immigration problem we have.

Sympathizers of illegals should feel free to skip this thread.
Most of the regular members of this forum are activists, and do much more than complain on this board. If not for the involvement of millions of concerned citizens, both the DREAM Act and CIR would have passed.

If you want to get involved, there are many anti-illegal immigration organizations, most notably NumbersUSA, ALIPAC, FAIR, and Judicial Watch. Most states also have organizations fighting illegal immigration, such as Save Our State.

I also believe our threads have enlightened many to the scourge of illegal immigration. As long as permitted by the C-D administrators, I will continue to post on this forum until real change occurs. Moreover, venting is therapeutic.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:50 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If you want to get involved, there are many anti-illegal immigration organizations, most notably NumbersUSA, ALIPAC, FAIR, and Judicial Watch. Most states also have organizations fighting illegal immigration, such as Save Our State.
This is what I was looking for; thank you for the info and I shall go research those.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
This is what I was looking for; thank you for the info and I shall go research those.
You are quite welcome. We need all the help we can get.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:21 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
We are not the people in power and our power is only evident in increments come voting time. Civil Servants have Political Masters who then have their own agendas. Although note the Supreme Court has indicated we have to educate illegals who are minors so there is a large hole in the moral ground for enforcement. So there is another actor in the mix.

We can do the easy items of eliminating social services incentives and have employers confirm residency requirements as is done now for legal persons. We can choke off the outflow of funds which is the main reason illegals come here to send money home to family. We can speed deportation. We can tighten temporary/recreational VISAs with a considerable cash bond to ensure return. We can even change the requirements for U.S. citizenship to include the legal status of the parents at the time of birth. .

But here the problem is so deep and pervasive that we would have to impose a semi-fascist state to truly eliminate illegals in a short period. I mean as in national IDs, extensive casual identity examinations, mobilization of the nation to include deputizing perhaps hundreds of thousands to patrol/inspect/detain, another massive bureaucracy,etc. Are we ready to go down this path?
I would certainly take it into serious consideration.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
Quote:
Most of the regular members of this forum are activists, and do much more than complain on this board. If not for the involvement of millions of concerned citizens, both the DREAM Act and CIR would have passed.

I also believe our threads have enlightened many to the scourge of illegal immigration. As long as permitted by the C-D administrators, I will continue to post on this forum until real change occurs. Moreover, venting is therapeutic.
As always, well said.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:49 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixC
But here the problem is so deep and pervasive that we would have to impose a semi-fascist state to truly eliminate illegals in a short period. I mean as in national IDs, extensive casual identity examinations, mobilization of the nation to include deputizing perhaps hundreds of thousands to patrol/inspect/detain, another massive bureaucracy,etc. Are we ready to go down this path?

I don't think that will fly any more than rail cars heading to the border will.

Like back in the 80's when Reagan pushed the most frequent "last" amnesty... once again we as a nation are about to pass yet another amnesty for the 10+Million undocumented already here. Most of them have some (degree of separation) Constitutional Protections to be here.

Pretending it isn't going to happen won't help a bit but this might be the best time to push for law that will correct or amend the overly broad language in the 14th responsible for these 10.8M exercising those rights and the immigration/visa laws.
You don't have to like whats happening to recognize it for what it is.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
...If you want to get involved, there are many anti-illegal immigration organizations, most notably NumbersUSA, ALIPAC, FAIR, and Judicial Watch...
Have you seen the 2010 PAC filing details for ALIPAC?...

$272,965 taken in: Americans for Legal Immigration | OpenSecrets

$267,168 of that spent, including $182,529 on "Administrative" costs (Americans for Legal Immigration Expenditures | OpenSecrets

$82,182 as William Gheen's "salary", of the total $138,016 allocated for that...

Including a $5,700 "kickback" to the leading donor that has offered matching funds for William to use as a bargaining tool in his drives...

How much in actual candidate contributions comes out of that?...

Not much "DOING", except for building his retirement...

ALIPAC is only a self-sustaining organization for the benefit of one man and his family...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.