Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:17 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,612,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
This topic is about quitting to complain, and start "DOING". ALIPAC was offered as one (online) organization to join. I thought I would give some input about their fundraising and recent membership changes.

A few years back, Larry Launer (in his preferred username of "USA Today") was banned at ALIPAC on his first post, specifically by William Gheen himself. They've had a past, where Larry and a few others at the MCDC forum were talking smack about William, and he showed up to defend himself from an account he held. But ALIPAC did let Larry join up later, there was a few tiffs where Larry was sanctioned and almost banned, but he was allowed to post.

If that isn't "putting up with it", I don't know what is. William has had enough fallout with other organizations, mostly over his ego to want to run the show, and have his name as top billing. He's a pariah, persona non grata, in many anti-immigration circles.

What has he really "DONE", if you believe his list of "accomplishments" at ALIPAC? Especially when most of the money goes to him. His forum membership always say how short of money they are, why does he ask for more to spend on himself and his image?

What is he "DOING"?...
As requested, I posted the names of anti-illegal immigration organizations. I did NOT suggest that anyone should contribute and/or join, did I?

Whatever William Gheen may or may not be, or his motives, reputation, etc., the ALIPAC website is a source of information for anyone interested in staying apprised of issues pertaining to illegal immigration, including notifications of Congressional bills and other measures requiring activism.

I don’t give a flying fig what he earns, how he earns it, or how the funds are distributed. Yes, he is clearly a narcissist. However, the posted articles are very enlightening, and when push comes to shove, the members of that forum fight hard. As a staunch illegal alien sympathizer, I would not expect you to have an affinity for him. After all, ALIPAC is your nemesis.

Your knowledge of the identities of forum members indicates a personal relationship, or perhaps you know a mole. I have visited their forum for 4 years, but I don’t know the identities of the members. I could be mistaken, but you appear to have a personal vendetta. This is certainly not the first time you have mentioned William Gheen. Moreover, you have established quite a track record of using this forum for your personal agendas. Sorry, but we are here to discuss illegal immigration, not William Gheen, or any of your pet projects.

Clearly, there is no love lost between you and "Larry" whose identity you so freely divulged. Otherwise, you would not have disclosed this info on a public internet forum. That, in my opinion, is reprehensible behavior. If people wanted to expose themselves to the world, they would not use handles. I know the identities of a few members of this forum, but I would NEVER reveal that to anyone, especially not the entire web world. But, that’s just me.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:11 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,356,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benicar View Post
as requested, i posted the names of anti-illegal immigration organizations. I did not suggest that anyone should contribute and/or join, did i?

Whatever william gheen may or may not be, or his motives, reputation, etc., the alipac website is a source of information for anyone interested in staying apprised of issues pertaining to illegal immigration, including notifications of congressional bills and other measures requiring activism.

I don’t give a flying fig what he earns, how he earns it, or how the funds are distributed. Yes, he is clearly a narcissist. However, the posted articles are very enlightening, and when push comes to shove, the members of that forum fight hard. As a staunch illegal alien sympathizer, i would not expect you to have an affinity for him. After all, alipac is your nemesis.

Your knowledge of the identities of forum members indicates a personal relationship, or perhaps you know a mole. I have visited their forum for 4 years, but i don’t know the identities of the members. I could be mistaken, but you appear to have a personal vendetta. This is certainly not the first time you have mentioned william gheen. Moreover, you have established quite a track record of using this forum for your personal agendas. Sorry, but we are here to discuss illegal immigration, not william gheen, or any of your pet projects.

Clearly, there is no love lost between you and "larry" whose identity you so freely divulged. Otherwise, you would not have disclosed this info on a public internet forum. That, in my opinion, is reprehensible behavior. If people wanted to expose themselves to the world, they would not use handles. I know the identities of a few members of this forum, but i would never reveal that to anyone, especially not the entire web world. But, that’s just me.
Clap, Clap, Clap.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:49 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,849,396 times
Quote:
This topic is about quitting to complain, and start "DOING". ALIPAC was offered as one (online) organization to join. I thought I would give some input about their fundraising and recent membership changes.

A few years back, Larry Launer (in his preferred username of "USA Today") was banned at ALIPAC on his first post, specifically by William Gheen himself. They've had a past, where Larry and a few others at the MCDC forum were talking smack about William, and he showed up to defend himself from an account he held. But ALIPAC did let Larry join up later, there was a few tiffs where Larry was sanctioned and almost banned, but he was allowed to post.

If that isn't "putting up with it", I don't know what is. William has had enough fallout with other organizations, mostly over his ego to want to run the show, and have his name as top billing. He's a pariah, persona non grata, in many anti-immigration circles.

What has he really "DONE", if you believe his list of "accomplishments" at ALIPAC? Especially when most of the money goes to him. His forum membership always say how short of money they are, why does he ask for more to spend on himself and his image?

What is he "DOING"?...
Complaining is doing! Passing on the websites of anti-logic groups is doing.
Evident is a newly created thread...Why cant we elect a strong anti-illegal candidate; the thread wasnt...we need to start running strong anti-illegal candidates. Complaining about their choices is all the can figure out what to do. At least they figured that out.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:13 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,862,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
...Your knowledge of the identities of forum members indicates a personal relationship, or perhaps you know a mole. I have visited their forum for 4 years, but I don’t know the identities of the members...

Clearly, there is no love lost between you and "Larry" whose identity you so freely divulged. Otherwise, you would not have disclosed this info on a public internet forum. That, in my opinion, is reprehensible behavior. If people wanted to expose themselves to the world, they would not use handles. I know the identities of a few members of this forum, but I would NEVER reveal that to anyone, especially not the entire web world. But, that’s just me.
Larry's identity was revealed by himself, otherwise I have no abilities to make a generic online moniker into a name. I only linked the name to the online identity, and didn't provide any information on his location or family. Even though I have had others threaten my family by name on the Internet, I will not reciprocate that in an open forum.

"Internet anonymity" removes any accountability. Someone can invent all kinds of stories (current topics here notable in this) without any basis in fact. A "Letter to the Editor" of a small-town newspaper generally requires you to sign your name to be published. Behaviors have worsened online, and I don't know how we are going to make it back to being socially acceptable.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Larry's identity was revealed by himself, otherwise I have no abilities to make a generic online moniker into a name. I only linked the name to the online identity, and didn't provide any information on his location or family. Even though I have had others threaten my family by name on the Internet, I will not reciprocate that in an open forum.

"Internet anonymity" removes any accountability. Someone can invent all kinds of stories (current topics here notable in this) without any basis in fact. A "Letter to the Editor" of a small-town newspaper generally requires you to sign your name to be published. Behaviors have worsened online, and I don't know how we are going to make it back to being socially acceptable.
Unless "Larry"is posting in here what has he to do with this forum? Why are you discussing people who post in other forums?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:39 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,862,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Unless "Larry"is posting in here what has he to do with this forum? Why are you discussing people who post in other forums?
Point is, I don't know whether he is here or not...

Certainly he made all of the rounds before, and participated in many forums...

The comment was on the ALIPAC forum for people considering to join, and I noted who had been kicked off...

Old 05-19-2011, 05:43 PM

50,603 posts, read 47,444,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Evident is a newly created thread...Why cant we elect a strong anti-illegal candidate; the thread wasnt...we need to start running strong anti-illegal candidates. Complaining about their choices is all the can figure out what to do. At least they figured that out.
I'm sure there is a point here ...............somewhere.

But I do agree, an anti-illegal candidate would be in the best interest. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Point is, I don't know whether he is here or not...

Certainly he made all of the rounds before, and participated in many forums...

The comment was on the ALIPAC forum for people considering to join, and I noted who had been kicked off...
I am familiar with his type of writing style and I can assure you he isn't posting in this forum. If you don't know if he is or not then why even discuss him in here? You're really obsessed with ALIPAC, aren't you?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:50 PM

50,603 posts, read 47,444,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I am familiar with his type of writing style and I can assure you he isn't posting in this forum. If you don't know if he is or not then why even discuss him in here? You're really obsessed with ALIPAC, aren't you?
More rants about legal immigration, huh. Is the legal immigration forum a ghost town?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:56 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,612,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Please identify the “anti-logic” groups. Or, in your opinion, are all groups opposed to illegal immigration also opposed to logic?

By the way, who are the “their” and “they” you speak of? And, what sage advice have you offered on this forum for dealing with our illegal immigration problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration