Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 07:03 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It looks like William got rid of Larry Launer ("Justthefacts") within the last month, and James Weisinger ("jamesw62") in the last couple weeks...

I would have died to be a fly on the wall for a couple of those conversations...

But for that he still deserves some congratulations, "reputation points", whatever...

Both of those guys were on the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps forum too, before its collapse...

And a poster that has the same username as used at MCDC, still at ALIPAC...

My my, how the world changes, and still remains the same...
I thought this topic was about the border fence. Again, why are you discussing ALIPAC in here? I don't post in there because I like a forum with a mix of anti's and pro's and there is very little tolerance of an opposing view in there. However, Mr. Gheen is not a hypocrite either and doesn't put up with anti's that make racist comments either that make our movement look bad. Unlike the HB forum that allows all kinds of racist statements from the pro-illegals and won't allow the public to read their comments anymore. Well, I to would be ashamed especially with only about 3 people left commenting in there anymore.

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-14-2011 at 07:16 AM..

Old 05-14-2011, 09:57 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,849,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I thought this topic was about the border fence. Again, why are you discussing ALIPAC in here? I don't post in there because I like a forum with a mix of anti's and pro's and there is very little tolerance of an opposing view in there. However, Mr. Gheen is not a hypocrite either and doesn't put up with anti's that make racist comments either that make our movement look bad...
This topic is about quitting to complain, and start "DOING". ALIPAC was offered as one (online) organization to join. I thought I would give some input about their fundraising and recent membership changes.

A few years back, Larry Launer (in his preferred username of "USA Today") was banned at ALIPAC on his first post, specifically by William Gheen himself. They've had a past, where Larry and a few others at the MCDC forum were talking smack about William, and he showed up to defend himself from an account he held. But ALIPAC did let Larry join up later, there was a few tiffs where Larry was sanctioned and almost banned, but he was allowed to post.

If that isn't "putting up with it", I don't know what is. William has had enough fallout with other organizations, mostly over his ego to want to run the show, and have his name as top billing. He's a pariah, persona non grata, in many anti-immigration circles.

What has he really "DONE", if you believe his list of "accomplishments" at ALIPAC? Especially when most of the money goes to him. His forum membership always say how short of money they are, why does he ask for more to spend on himself and his image?

What is he "DOING"?...

Old 05-14-2011, 01:44 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,544 times
Speaking of USATODAY I just read about Tony Cheek being killed in a auto accident. I was not aware of that. That man was a pro illegal if there ever was one.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:02 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Which doesn't make sense.......

Anti-illegals are labeled "racists" yet all we hear about in the media is that Obama must appease the Hispanics, that he's recruiting Hispanic actors and activists, that the Hispanic leaders are impatient with Obama's lack of immigration reform, that enforcement laws are bad for Hispanics.
So true about Obama and his feelings on this topic. He lacks total empthay for us Americans, and as long as he can apease those Hispanics, this is what he will conintue to do.

Most of us can screa, bit--, vent, and it will go in vain, until the people who get this message, the ones that actually matter to do something about it, get the message.

So we will come here and we will vent, but sure would be nice if we had a Preisdent who felt as we do. Remember his vision of HOPE AND CHANGE, was this Change he was talking about, Giving in to the illegals and Mexico, he made me think otherwise. No more will i fall for any of his traps.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
This topic is about quitting to complain, and start "DOING". ALIPAC was offered as one (online) organization to join. I thought I would give some input about their fundraising and recent membership changes.

A few years back, Larry Launer (in his preferred username of "USA Today") was banned at ALIPAC on his first post, specifically by William Gheen himself. They've had a past, where Larry and a few others at the MCDC forum were talking smack about William, and he showed up to defend himself from an account he held. But ALIPAC did let Larry join up later, there was a few tiffs where Larry was sanctioned and almost banned, but he was allowed to post.

If that isn't "putting up with it", I don't know what is. William has had enough fallout with other organizations, mostly over his ego to want to run the show, and have his name as top billing. He's a pariah, persona non grata, in many anti-immigration circles.

What has he really "DONE", if you believe his list of "accomplishments" at ALIPAC? Especially when most of the money goes to him. His forum membership always say how short of money they are, why does he ask for more to spend on himself and his image?

What is he "DOING"?...
What is an anti-"immigrant" circle? I know of no such thing. What are you asking me about Gheen for? I don't even post in there. I just know that he doesn't allow the anti-illegals in there to project a bad image and doesn't tolerate the pro-illegals. Why don't you say anything bad about the members and admin of HB? They are the worst of the worst as far as racism and outright hatred of the white race (unless you kiss Hispanic behind and in particular the illegal kind) and yet you post in there. "People who live in glass houses shoudn't throw stones". Now give it to rest, will you?

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-14-2011 at 06:25 PM..

Old 05-14-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Speaking of USATODAY I just read about Tony Cheek being killed in a auto accident. I was not aware of that. That man was a pro illegal if there ever was one.
Again, we are getting off topic but what you said about the person that died is only the tip of the iceberg if you had read any of his posts and I'll just leave it at that.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:59 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,996,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I really don't care if people call me a racist when I voice my opinions on illegal immigration.

I want ALL ILLEGALS GONE. I don't care if they are Mexican, I don't care if they are Irish, or French or African or Chinese.

If that makes me racist, so be it.

People need to grow some b a lls.
I'm not in support of illegal immigration either, from/to anywhere in the world. Heck, if I wanted to just visit Toronto for a few days, I would need a passport to even cross into Canada(which is obtained by having a birth certificate from the country of origin). If I wanted to work in, say, London, I would have to apply for some kind of work visa. And that's perfectly fine by me.

There's a reason why immigration policies are in place and immigration forms need to be filled out. What's the point of having these things in place if people come here illegally and not go through the process? I'm all for people immigrating to the US, just as long as it's done in the proper manner.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:08 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
I'm not in support of illegal immigration either, from/to anywhere in the world. Heck, if I wanted to just visit Toronto for a few days, I would need a passport to even cross into Canada(which is obtained by having a birth certificate from the country of origin). If I wanted to work in, say, London, I would have to apply for some kind of work visa. And that's perfectly fine by me.

There's a reason why immigration policies are in place and immigration forms need to be filled out. What's the point of having these things in place if people come here illegally and not go through the process? I'm all for people immigrating to the US, just as long as it's done in the proper manner.
I know but more often than not I see folks blaming illegal immigration on our legal immigration process as if we are not allowed to have standards in this country.

Just another cop out.

It is so hard to get a well paying job nowadays so I guess I am going to rob a bank and blame it on the employer who couldn't give me the 100K salary I think I deserve.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post

I agree. What about these things don't the pro-illegals understand? We have quotas for legal immigration for good reason. Illegal immigration just upsets the apple cart so to speak. They are excess baggage that we don't need.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:12 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,635,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If this is a thread for DOING something about illegal immigration, will someone please tell me what can be done with letter writing? I want to write a letter against amnesty and for deportation and e-verify but who do I write to??

This may seem like a dumb question, but do I write to the governor? the senators? the president? What if I write to the President and cc to the others? I'm in Massachusetts and I think we're going to be getting e-verify at least but at the same time, they're tried to give college tuition to illegals! and driver's licenses too!

If Obama doesn't do something to enforce the federal laws, I just won't vote in the next election. I heard that he has deported A LOT of illegals lately and people are mad at him because those illegals had only committed "minor" crimes. Except for the fact that it's a major crime to break into our country and bypass the immigration laws.

So, can somebody give me some concrete ideas of the most effective people to write to and can I just write to one and then do a cc? Thanks.
I am sure someone has already posted it but try NUMBERSUSA. You can get all your letters sent as a fax and directly to your respective representatives. Yes, they do ask for donations but, Roy will tell you personally, if you live on a fixed income or need the money, don't donate. I really like that man. That is the best website I know of.

I didn't care much for ALIPAC but, I just didn't feel I fit in.....my fault, probably. Everyone was nice and sincere seeming but I was possibly too fiery....LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.