Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 05:18 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,204,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
My intentions are to find where we can meet in the middle and reform immigration. I don't come here to vent irrationally on the verge of xenophobia.

It's not a simple issue.
I have an idea, lets start this meeting after every single illegal alien invader is out of America.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:27 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I have an idea, lets start this meeting after every single illegal alien invader is out of America.
Not a chance.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
My intentions are to find where we can meet in the middle and reform immigration. I don't come here to vent irrationally on the verge of xenophobia.

It's not a simple issue.
Reform immigration? Rewarding immigration lawbreakers by allowing them to stay here isn't "reform" it is amnesty.

What does xenophobia have to do with this? Xenophobia is a fear of strangers. What strangers are we supposedly fearing since we already have every ethnic group, nationality and race already living here legally? In fact, Mexicans who are here by far in the largest numbers are also here in large numbers legally (Mexican-Americans). So who are these strangers you are speaking about?

It IS a simple issue. Enforce the laws on the books.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Pass Dream Act, no need to punish kids.

Stop employers from hiring illegals.

Strengthen the border and relationships with our neighboring countries to stop illegal immigration.

Do something (IDK what) to slow down the druggies in America and the cartels feeding them, or just legalize it all.
It is punishment to send these so-called kids back to their homelands with their parents? it isn't punishing "kids" anyway it is refusing to reward their parents for coming here illegally.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
To the OP: Tell me about it.

I guess.......................what goes around comes around. Oh, silly me. Most Mexicans are Indigenous to a vast region of the current USA.
And just like the native indians who were here and fought we shall also do the same against a Mexican invasion. Neither the tribal ancestors of the Mexicans (Aztecs, Mayans) or their Spanish ancestors were indigenous to THIS country. Read a history book.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:00 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Quote:
Pass Dream Act, no need to punish kids.

Stop employers from hiring illegals.

Strengthen the border and relationships with our neighboring countries to stop illegal immigration.

Do something (IDK what) to slow down the druggies in America and the cartels feeding them, or just legalize it all.
I agree with all you posted in this post. Good luck on finding a middle ground in this thread.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:02 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,305,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Hey Erik, Brazil was full of Natives before the Portuguese went over there in the 1500's (if I am not mistaken). Brazilians have no right to have legal immigration laws because they killed all the Indians!

Let's invade BRAZIL!!!!!

Now we have a plan!!!

Old 05-15-2011, 06:06 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,985 times
why would i want to go to brazil? no good paying jobs there

Old 05-15-2011, 06:19 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
why would i want to go to brazil? no good paying jobs there
That's not true at all. If you have a degree you can get a job there, and good paying one.

My cousin who is a lawyer has a job. My cousin who is a Geologist has a job. My other 2 cousins who are Engineers have jobs. My cousin who is a Nurse has a job. My other cousin who is a Nutritionist has a job. My uncle who is also an Engineer is the General Manager of a mining company down there.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:25 PM

268 posts, read 391,921 times
The US government has no intentions of ever securing the border. Doing so would be political suicide. It’s all about self preservation.

The corrupt policies hurt the brown man just as much as the white man. Mexico has many resources. Oil, tourism, agriculture. If they were forced to stay on their side of the border. which could happen over night, one of them would start a revolution. But that will never happen. The US government will continue to bribe Mexicans for their votes with all sorts of welfare goodies paid for with MY tax dollars.

Illegal immigration will stop when the US becomes a third world country and there are no jobs, no freebies left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.