Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:44 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,872,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Pass Dream Act, no need to punish kids.

Who's punishing them? They have been given aneducation here at taxpayers expense. That should help them in their quest to change their OWN country.

Stop employers from hiring illegals.

I'm all for this. Fines and jail time. Use the fines as deportation money.

Strengthen the border and relationships with our neighboring countries to stop illegal immigration.

Seal the border and tell Mexico to go to he77. Let them deal with their own poverty.

Do something (IDK what) to slow down the druggies in America and the cartels feeding them, or just legalize it all.
If the borders were sealed it would make it tough to get the drugs through don't you think? Our borders should be just as strict as our airports. Why do I have to show a passport and proof of citizenship when border hoppers don't? My gawd, if a kid runs up the aisle to meet his parent in an airport that is returning from the wars the whole airport is shut down until we know there was no foul play involved. Border hoppers are politely asked to TBS and come again another day.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:15 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,519,894 times
Irrational hard liner living in a dream world. With people like this there is no middle ground and you will continue to be angry with the results.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:30 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,872,203 times
Quote:
Irrational hard liner living in a dream world. With people like this there is no middle ground and you will continue to be angry with the results.

As will you, my friend. Several states are trying to enforce federal laws on a state level because citizens want enforcement not amnesty. Obama had the chance to do anything he wanted. Why do you think nothing happened? It would be political suicide.

You are correct, there is no middle ground with a law. You break it or you don't. Pretty simple, really.

I've noticed more and more posters trying to act as if we have already given our country away and there is no hope. It's ironic because American citizens don't speak in those terms. It's quite telling.

I can only hope those posters are posting from their own side of the border.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
As will you, my friend. Several states are trying to enforce federal laws on a state level because citizens want enforcement not amnesty. Obama had the chance to do anything he wanted. Why do you think nothing happened? It would be political suicide.

You are correct, there is no middle ground with a law. You break it or you don't. Pretty simple, really.

I've noticed more and more posters trying to act as if we have already given our country away and there is no hope. It's ironic because American citizens don't speak in those terms. It's quite telling.

Sometimes you lose a battle, but still win the war.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:37 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,492,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post

Yeppers.

And I want the illegal posters to stay in THERE countrys.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,492,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Hey Erik, Brazil was full of Natives before the Portuguese went over there in the 1500's (if I am not mistaken). Brazilians have no right to have legal immigration laws because they killed all the Indians!

Let's invade BRAZIL!!!!!

And many ILLEGAL Brazilian people scream Hispanic to get there way here. The illegal alien friends agree.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Yeppers.

And I want the illegal posters to stay in THERE countrys.
Their countries, you mean?

Are you legal? I am joking...go Sun Devils!

Old 05-15-2011, 10:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,781,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I agree with all you posted in this post. Good luck on finding a middle ground in this thread.
As far as the Dream Act, it is NOT punishing kids if they study in colleges back home in their own country.

I'm not an illegal and I went to Mexico for some semesters. It was a wonderful experience. Not a punishment in any way shape or form. That is a big lie of the pro-illegals that it's somehow a punishment to study in Mexico. And it would not be a punishment to study in Guatemala or other countries.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Pass Dream Act, no need to punish kids.

Stop employers from hiring illegals.

Strengthen the border and relationships with our neighboring countries to stop illegal immigration.

Do something (IDK what) to slow down the druggies in America and the cartels feeding them, or just legalize it all.
How is it punishment for these young adults to study in one of the following?

Moderator cut: copyrighted photos removed
Punishment???? You open borders proponents are a bit on the drama-queen side.

Last edited by Yac; 05-16-2011 at 04:52 AM..

Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 PM

Some other pretty cool campuses in Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.