Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Dream Act
I support the Dream Act 7 12.28%
I do not support the Dream Act 8 14.04%
Children of Illegal Aliens should be deported with their parents 42 73.68%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:16 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,958,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtiberian View Post
How can they be top students if they are the children of CRIMINAL parents? I bet they all cheated on their tests! Remember, modern science tells us that people are by nature lawbreakers or law abiders. A wolf can wear sheep's clothing... but he's still a wolf.

They should be deported along with their parents, because they committed the CRIME of being born to CRIMINALS; even if this destroys their future. In fact, they ought to be sent off to forced-labor camps in Alaska before being deported, so they’ll pay their dues for the “education” they got in AMERICAN schools; which, I might add, was paid for with the taxes of all the decent, law-abiding Americans who were forced to hire their parents and to purchase their cheaper, illegal immigrant labor-derived products and services. Oh, and then, instead of being sent back to their homeland all comfy on a bus, they should be made to cross the desert on their way back, barefooted and without water or sombreros, and with a group of Minutemen herding them back and making sure they don’t try to escape.

What do you guys think?

Heres what I think.. are you freaking kidding me? That is the most ridiculous statement I have heard on these forums yet. The fact that they entered this country illegally is only a civil offense, not a criminal offense.

Being born to people who committed a civil offense is not committing a crime. If that was true, a lot of people would be in gitmo-- with their children. Do you really think the kids have a choice who they are born to?

That was a highly racist comment and a fairly ignorant comment. Not all illegals come from Mexico. Please apologize for making that racist comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,381 times
Just because you are a legal citizen of the United States makes you a better person than an illegal one?? Why shouldn't a child raised in America, and who's values are based upon American ones, be denied the right to an education to better their lives?? Do you suggest that illegal children be deported to their impoverished countries, where they know no one, where they would probably lead miserable lives and where they aren't accustomed to, so that your tuition is lower? I am not an illegal immigrant, and I am applying to colleges, and I am in great need of financial assistance, but I still believe it is unfair that illegal immigrants are being forced out of an education. I believe that many opponents of the DREAM Act are racist people who can't stand the possibility of a minority being on their level. It's not about fighting terrorism, or lowering tuition costs, its about being racist and being selfish, like too many Americans are. What's the difference between an American child and a child who was raised here all his/her life, but just happens to have arrived here through illegal means? Americans talk about helping others out, and being a great country, but yet we wont help the people in our own nation out, but yet we go to war with countries that don't ask for our assistance, that repeatedly demonstrate that we are unwanted. How about we redirect that money to education? The DREAM Act will help so many people, and keep so many children out of gangs and other bad situations. Think of all the positive that would come out of this act.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,188,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsanctus View Post
Just because you are a legal citizen of the United States makes you a better person than an illegal one?? Why shouldn't a child raised in America, and who's values are based upon American ones, be denied the right to an education to better their lives?? Do you suggest that illegal children be deported to their impoverished countries, where they know no one, where they would probably lead miserable lives and where they aren't accustomed to, so that your tuition is lower? I am not an illegal immigrant, and I am applying to colleges, and I am in great need of financial assistance, but I still believe it is unfair that illegal immigrants are being forced out of an education. I believe that many opponents of the DREAM Act are racist people who can't stand the possibility of a minority being on their level. It's not about fighting terrorism, or lowering tuition costs, its about being racist and being selfish, like too many Americans are. What's the difference between an American child and a child who was raised here all his/her life, but just happens to have arrived here through illegal means? Americans talk about helping others out, and being a great country, but yet we wont help the people in our own nation out, but yet we go to war with countries that don't ask for our assistance, that repeatedly demonstrate that we are unwanted. How about we redirect that money to education? The DREAM Act will help so many people, and keep so many children out of gangs and other bad situations. Think of all the positive that would come out of this act.
In one word: TOUGH!

Mexico needs to grow up-------------we owe that (probably dying) nation nothing.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:56 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,855,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In one word: TOUGH!

Mexico needs to grow up-------------we owe that (probably dying) nation nothing.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:57 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,141,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Great post, Veiled Prophet . . . SCARY, isn't it?

Why are so many unable to see the obvious? ! ! ! !
Illegals don't seem to have a keen sense of the obvious. To them logic is illogical. Just act like its legal and no one will notice. Pass the "Dream Act" and it will make the Nation just like the land of fruits & nuts (California) I can't rep you on that Veiled Prophet
but I wish i Could. SCARY it is. Politics of anihilation by Mexico.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:05 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,052,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Children born to illegal aliens in the United States, and I am speaking of those of Mexican descent, are considered Mexican citizens by the country of Mexico. In the United States of America, there is NO allowance for dual citizenship, thus children of Mexican illegal immigrants are not under the jurisdiction of the United States of America.
Sorry but that information is incorrect. Children born of illegals of Mexican descent are not considered citizens of Mexico unless they apply for citizenship. The U.S. DOES allow dual citizenship. The children of illegal immigrants DO have citizenship under the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, that is if they are born in this country.

Last edited by zacatecana; 03-04-2009 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: sp.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,052,100 times
Or you can look it up under United States Nationality law or Immigration and Naturalization Act.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:41 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,426,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Illegals don't seem to have a keen sense of the obvious. To them logic is illogical. Just act like its legal and no one will notice. Pass the "Dream Act" and it will make the Nation just like the land of fruits & nuts (California) I can't rep you on that Veiled Prophet
but I wish i Could. SCARY it is. Politics of anihilation by Mexico.
Agreed. They have lived with lies and deceit for so long, they have convinced themselves that they're Americans (without papers). For some reason it hasn't occurred to them that the only "Americans" faux or otherwise that hide in the shadows are the criminals.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,188,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Sorry but that information is incorrect. Children born of illegals of Mexican descent are not considered citizens of Mexico unless they apply for citizenship. The U.S. DOES allow dual citizenship. The children of illegal immigrants DO have citizenship under the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, that is if they are born in this country.
And it is past time to do away with birthright citizenship for future Anchor Babies (both parents here in the USA illegally) but grandfather in the existing ones.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Are you saying that Mexico DOES have immigration laws and citizenship requirements that we are not supposed to have for the USA? Wouldn't that by kind of hypocrisy?

Ministry of Foreign Affairs - SRE - Declaration of Mexican Nationality (by birth)

This document is issued to individuals who are Mexican citizens by birth and who were born in Mexico, or abroad and whose father or mother or both are Mexican, and who when over 18 years of age acquired or made use of another nationality prior to March 20, 1998 and who would like to exercise their right to retain their Mexican nationality.

"Retain" their Mexican nationality would seem to indicate they are considered Mexicans by their own government. It indicates only one parent must be a Mexican citizen, and the child could be born abroad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration