Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 07:31 PM

109 posts, read 331,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Torrey your opinions are your own, and I respect that. I certainly hope you are not passing your intolerance on to your children. I also hope that Santa brings you a history book for Christmas. Stop hating, life is too short
Very well said!! I second your motion

Old 08-05-2007, 07:37 PM

562 posts, read 661,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Torrey your opinions are your own, and I respect that. I certainly hope you are not passing your intolerance on to your children.
My intolerance for illegal immigrants, outsourced labor to other countries and all that goes with what is WRONG with society in this country presently, is being soaked up like a sponge, thanks by my son.

We need to teach real values and the right things to our kids, otherwise you have crap like Columbine happen.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:50 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,518,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
My intolerance for illegal immigrants, outsourced labor to other countries and all that goes with what is WRONG with society in this country presently, is being soaked up like a sponge, thanks by my son.

We need to teach real values and the right things to our kids, otherwise you have crap like Columbine happen.
I'm on board with you 110% You say it bro

Old 08-06-2007, 02:47 AM

562 posts, read 661,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrectMeIfImRight View Post
The connection between Columbine and illegal immigration is ludicrously palpable, especially since the killers were white, as well as most of the other students at the school… not to mention the entire town!
There was no connection. Obviously in your ignorance you did not interpret the information correctly. I suggest you go read it all again very slowly.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:38 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,503,641 times
Well, then move.

I lived AND taught ESL for 17 years in inner-city Los Angeles in a HIGH SCHOOL.

You have no idea who you are talking to.

Dawn

Quote:
You are insinuating I am lying about my encounter in the local grocery store? Come on down to *******ville and I'll show you around. You people who do not live in a city or state over-run with illegals have a jaded eye as to what the truth of the matter is in these areas of the country. Teach English as a second language? No thanks, they can learn BEFORE they come across the water - LEGALLY.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:40 AM

Ok, now I am laughing until my eyes are watering.....that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. A bunch of over-wealthy white kids shooting up other wealthy white kids is now because of illegal immigration? Guess you have a different news channel than I do.

Dawn

Quote:

Old 08-06-2007, 07:49 AM

How do you even know they LIVE here? Maybe they were visiting.

You were WAY out of line here. In fact, how ticked would you be if you visited France and some French person came up to your child who had learned some French in school and went off on you like you did on that poor family?

This is what has been bugging me most about this post. You are rude and out of line and proud of it.....

Dawn

Quote:
Since this was a country founded by English speaking people (let's not get off track with the whole native american stuff here), it is only fitting that when people come here to live they learn to speak our home language - ENGLISH.

One of the problems we see is foreigners developing into their own 'little societies' and immigrants not making any effort to learn English.

I was in a grocery store one day about a year ago when a Mexican couple and two small kids were walking into an aisle and one of the kids turned to the other and started speaking in English to him. The father smacked him and said "You speak Spanish, you are a Mexican". I walked up to him and said "Mister, you live in America, and you should be telling that kid to speak English because this is his country, not Mexico". To which the man replied "We are Mexicans, not Americans". My last words? "Then why don't you take yourself and your little group of Mexicans here, and get your ass back across to your OWN country if you don't want to be Americans." That started him walking the other way cussing in Spanish and dragging his wife/kids with him.

These people try to come here and develop their own little version of Mexico in our country, rather than learn our language and learn to integrate with our society here.

To those who would disagree with me and call me a racist etc, I suggest you sell everything you own and move out of the USA if you don't wish to support it.

Yes this is the land of the free, for those who have a right to it.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,742,077 times
You should know better than to flame each other. These are serious issues so please and try being on topic next time.
Thread closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration