Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:05 AM

1,486 posts, read 4,165,165 times

Advertisements

I think we can but the push will need to come from Americans united but that will only happen when we become the minority.

As far for a pres. leading the charge, fat chance. Just look at how many of the candidates are already behind open borders. the pres. has been bought before even being elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 09:18 PM

131 posts, read 649,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equus007 View Post
Yes.

Simply closing the border with Mexico to foot traffic and anything but commercial vehicles will kill ~60% of the illegal immigrations. Most come across legal as workers and then jet. It will also kill a good part of Mexico's tourism economy(as well as part of Texas' and California's but that's a moot point as it doesn't compare to the savings in school and healthcare issues we would have should the tide be stemmed). If you have ever lived in a city with a major border crossing you will see the throngs walking across the bridge entering "for the day" to work and the thinner throng returning at night.

I still find this whole issue commical. Texas and California have been dealing with this "issue" for ~200 years now and have been carrying the Nation's economy...I mean holding our own just fine. It wasn't until brown folk started showing up in rural Ohio that this became a "problem". Half of this continent is Mestiso of some sort. Get used to it. You live now and will die soon and all of our flag waving will not change the fact that year-by-year America is becoming much more Latin...legaly or illegaly...so learn to speak Spanish...it won't hurt you.

I find your last paragraph highly debatable. I actually took three Spanish courses in college to satisfy the language requirement of my course of study in liberal arts. Even though I still remember some words and phrases, I really don't see why I and millions of other AMERICANS should learn Spanish in order to accommodate illegal aliens who have little or no desire to speak ENGLISH. Therefore, I beg to differ so let us agree to disagree agreeably.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:55 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,751,079 times
It starts with who we vote into office.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:05 PM

88 posts, read 265,306 times
Default I don't want to learn spanish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikrich View Post
I find your last paragraph highly debatable. I actually took three Spanish courses in college to satisfy the language requirement of my course of study in liberal arts. Even though I still remember some words and phrases, I really don't see why I and millions of other AMERICANS should learn Spanish in order to accommodate illegal aliens who have little or no desire to speak ENGLISH. Therefore, I beg to differ so let us agree to disagree agreeably.
Why should I have to learn that language? I posted earlier about how the jobs that I qualify for are now going to the bilinguals. There ought to be a restriction on this. It's OUTRAGEOUS. I agree with the bill that Oklahoma passed I think it's 1804? They protect their citizens from outsiders trying to take their jobs, they protect their public benefits from abuse, etc.
I went to college to secure a better paying job and now that's all being slowly eroded away by a population of people who are under the impression if you come to America they will take care of you. Like I said many times...if you're not outraged then you're not paying attention.
This makes infuriates me. They need to learn English, respect our country, not act like they're entitled to come here, ABUSE is rampant from what I've heard. Now they're trying to come down on Oklahoma for passing the bill...setting the most intelligent precedent yet-and calling the card of racial profiling and type of racism. Stand up for your country everyone it's going to hell in a handbasket.
Passionate for my country and my rights for the pursuit of happiness. MOONBEAM

Old 08-30-2007, 01:17 PM

88 posts, read 265,306 times
By the way, I've witnessed the taking of my jobs to bilinguals quite a few times. I worked in legal temping and they loved my work but needed a spanish speaker up at the front desk. My girlfriend the same thing recently in a law firm.
Then another job before that twhere he whole office was for bilinguals because of the high density of the hispanic population here in Orlando. I got a great reference from that job. Many hispanics prefer to speak in English not spanish and those seem to be the ones whose parents raised them in America. It's the other ones who have NO RESPECT for our way of doing things, our culture, that burns me up. Our forefathers would be APPALLED, man. What government? Moonbeam

Old 08-30-2007, 05:10 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,514,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
Let me tell you, if I were President, there would be a storm coming. I would mobilize the national guard to work with the border control, and round up all illegals in every major city in the country. Those who tried to resist would be shot dead on the spot. Once rounded up, they would be shipped by armed convoy to Mexico City and let free.

Afterwards, I would mount another sweep to get the rats who got away in the confusion until they were all accounted for.

A wall would be built, and I would put about 50,000 US Soldiers to man the border with orders to shoot and kill anyone trying to come across our border.

How's that for action?
Torrey for President!!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 12:53 PM

7 posts, read 9,131 times
Default Hmmm.

Originally Posted by Rikrich

First of all no one is telling American's they "should", "have to", or are making anybody learn Spanish. As a matter of fact, I believe that all illegals should be required to speak English to enforce true adaptation and sovereignty of the U.S. The fact that you said "to accommodate" illegal aliens, well you do know that not all illegal aliens are Spanish speakers, right? The fact that you said that says a lot about your personal feeling towards a certain nationality of illegal alien. What about the Asian population of illegals or perhaps you would rather speak more about the Middle-Eastern wave of illegals. So please let me know when Americans are required to learn Spanish because that will be the day of American tyranny. 2nd of all and most importantly I ask you this question. Have you met all of the SPANISH speaking illegal aliens? Have you talked to all of them and questioned them to find out if the whole population of illegals had a "desire to speak English"? I would like to know how you can generalize a whole sub-culture and stamp them with a "no desire to learn English" sticker. I know my whole family has an URGENCY a NEED to learn English. Do you know why? Because that's the language of the United States, and to get anywhere you have to know English. True, maybe some really have no desire to learn it because they are temporaries, but to generalize the whole group is immature and unintelligent.

And the whole "They're taking our jobs!" thing, it's not about who's taking them. It's about who's giving them away, which speaks towards good 'ol fashion American Greed. Think about that next time.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:08 PM

7 posts, read 9,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
Why should I have to learn that language? I posted earlier about how the jobs that I qualify for are now going to the bilinguals. There ought to be a restriction on this. It's OUTRAGEOUS. I agree with the bill that Oklahoma passed I think it's 1804? They protect their citizens from outsiders trying to take their jobs, they protect their public benefits from abuse, etc.
I went to college to secure a better paying job and now that's all being slowly eroded away by a population of people who are under the impression if you come to America they will take care of you. Like I said many times...if you're not outraged then you're not paying attention.
This makes infuriates me. They need to learn English, respect our country, not act like they're entitled to come here, ABUSE is rampant from what I've heard. Now they're trying to come down on Oklahoma for passing the bill...setting the most intelligent precedent yet-and calling the card of racial profiling and type of racism. Stand up for your country everyone it's going to hell in a handbasket.
Passionate for my country and my rights for the pursuit of happiness. MOONBEAM

I am sick and tired of people generalizing and speaking out on behalf of my people who believe they are right because of what they "heard". I'm sorry, I didn't realize that when they inscribed the famous Statue of Liberty poem, " Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, the tempest tossed, to ME, TO ME!: I lift my lamp beside the golden door", that they were excluding SPANISH speakers who are being GIVEN jobs by America. I want numbers from you. I want statistics of your inquiries, can you give me the amount of SPANISH speaking illegals, because we are obviously the only ones who are causing such a problem, who are for the disrespect of America, and the amount of Spanish speaking illegals who feel like they are "entitled" to come hear, never mind the invitations of DOZENS of employers who are extending to illegals, or the blatant invitation of Lady Liberty herself. What makes you think YOU are entitled to be here??? Because you pay taxes? Or because you were born here? What about your ancestors? I wonder where they came from and if they had to endure the type of people that you yourself are coming off as. Truly, I beg you to think of this when you are criticizing a culture for their desire to be as happy and free as you are. If you were so passionate about your country you would be rallying for your civil liberties that are slowly being stripped away under our noses.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:27 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,603,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramazea8730 View Post
I am sick and tired of people generalizing and speaking out on behalf of my people who believe they are right because of what they "heard". I'm sorry, I didn't realize that when they inscribed the famous Statue of Liberty poem, " Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, the tempest tossed, to ME, TO ME!: I lift my lamp beside the golden door", that they were excluding SPANISH speakers who are being GIVEN jobs by America. I want numbers from you. I want statistics of your inquiries, can you give me the amount of SPANISH speaking illegals, because we are obviously the only ones who are causing such a problem, who are for the disrespect of America, and the amount of Spanish speaking illegals who feel like they are "entitled" to come hear, never mind the invitations of DOZENS of employers who are extending to illegals, or the blatant invitation of Lady Liberty herself. What makes you think YOU are entitled to be here??? Because you pay taxes? Or because you were born here? What about your ancestors? I wonder where they came from and if they had to endure the type of people that you yourself are coming off as. Truly, I beg you to think of this when you are criticizing a culture for their desire to be as happy and free as you are. If you were so passionate about your country you would be rallying for your civil liberties that are slowly being stripped away under our noses.
Hey dimbulb, would you take a look at the last line of the poem you posted?? Here, let me highlight it for you...

You see that word 'door' there? That implies 'permission' to walk in, not a free pass to kick in the kitchen window...

Old 07-17-2008, 09:20 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,782,280 times
I dont any President in the near future doing much of anything.
This will have to happen on a state level.That is if the Courts dont overturn it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration