Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,795,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Too; not all Hispanics are pro illegal immigration which further weakens the agenda of the pro amnesty crowd.
People forget that. Some hispanic families were never illegal, some in fact were never immigrants, they lived here before the territories became part of the USA. Many of these people have no strong ties to Mexico. Some hispanics are from other countries and respected the laws of the USA and see the need for the USA to have borders and immigration laws like other countries have.

Even some illegals are smart enough to realize that limitless immigration means anyone can come and compete even with them for wages. Like one Mexican guy told me, a Mexican has to be paid a certain level of wages, but Central Americans are more desperate and will work for significantly less. He felt illegal immigration should be limited to Mexicans for that reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 11:05 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,152,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmud123 View Post
Now I was just a gleam in my dad's eye at the time,LOL, but I have been told that president Eisenhower, after WW2, rounded up all of the illegals and sent them packing to make jobs for the men coming back from the war.
If it could be done then, why not now???
They could do it now...After the civil war when the south was invaded by carpetbaggers and southern folks had no protection from the so called law,this created the need for"citizens groups" to deal with the issues themselves. The KKK wasnt formed just to hurt blacks but the real reason was to do what the law wouldnt. We need this today..........and maybe its already in the plans...

Old 10-11-2009, 11:47 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,326 times
Of course it is, but just like any big job, you have to start somewhere. Augment the Border Patrol with the National Guard, then start with those in jails, and prisons. Deport them immediately upon their release. Next, go after the large corporations who hire illegal aliens, and work down to smaller employers. After that, go after any illegal aliens receiving welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, etc., for anchor children. Also, I don't see any need for hearings---either they're here illegally, or they're not. If they are, deport them. The only ones who deserve a hearing are those claiming political, or religious, asylum.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:58 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,326 times
<<What about the Asian population of illegals or perhaps you would rather speak more about the Middle-Eastern wave of illegals. >>

They need to go too, but we're speaking of the Spanish language, and I have yet to hear a recorded message directing me to "Press one for Chinese." or "Press two for Arabic." Only Spanish speaking people are accomodated to this extent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration