Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:17 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,658,219 times

Advertisements

Excellent.

This may clean out Northern Alabama where illegal aliens are rampant from all the meat packing megacrops hiring cheap labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 08:54 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,493,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The only people that oppose this law, has either

1. something to hide
2. something to loose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
3. Those who want the cheap illegal labor.

4. Those with an ethnocentric, racist agenda.
5 libs in there fancy places who feel sorry for illegal aliens.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:29 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,235,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
I just KNOW too many of them are going to end up here in California
Also my fear. These moves are good for the nation but bad for California, so do have some mixed feelings. With the individual states finally taking action, California is the glaring exception. Hundreds of previous posts in earlier threads have attested to this situation. As for Alabama, the nations largest Communist Party front organization, the ubiquitous ACLU, is having fits and vowing to block the new laws. Way to go Alabama, anything the ACLU opposes means that the exact opposite is good for America, and it has always been that way. If the ACLU likes something it means that it is bad.

Last edited by BlackShoe; 06-11-2011 at 10:10 AM..

Old 06-11-2011, 12:14 PM

884 posts, read 717,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
That is teriffic news, the kind of news i like to hear. California get a friggin clue will ya, take a look at these Sates who actually give a damb about our problems facing illegals.

Think we all know whay you will not follow in the steps, of Alabama, Arizona, and Georgia. You like to play games, we can surely see right thru you.
I agree with you 100% But the fact that the piece of trash congress here in Califexia just approved a bill giving tuition to illegals has me dumfounded. And the Gvr wants to take another 10% of state empoyee's income because we are in such financial disarray, takes the burritto. We here in Ca must vote out all politicians who are in favor of this atrocity.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:26 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,873,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Excellent.

This may clean out Northern Alabama where illegal aliens are rampant from all the meat packing megacrops hiring cheap labor.

Same here in Nebraska. It's unbelievable. There were a lot of people that worked the packing houses here for a good wage. Not any more. And I didn't notice the price of meat going down, did you?

Now it's all the building trades as well. In this day and age in Nebraska, if you are a citizen and don't have an education you will be hard pressed to find a job. Even those that went to trade schools are having a hard time. The wages have all gone to he11 or maybe I should say "down south".

Old 06-11-2011, 04:12 PM

50,489 posts, read 47,262,476 times
Oh my, more good news.

Alabama's Tough New Immigration Law Can Withstand Legal Challenges, Experts Say - FoxNews.com

Old 06-12-2011, 08:34 PM

10,040 posts, read 9,533,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
"Under the Alabama law, police must detain someone they suspect of being in the country illegally if the person cannot produce proper documentation when stopped for any reason."

I cannot believe that a true conservative could support such ambiguity in law enforcement. Oh, wait, yes I can. The constitution can be thrown out if it supports your agenda!
Here is the link to the law in full text. Please point out where it states for any reason. Of course you can't because it does not say it.

Text Of Alabama Immigration Law, HB 56 | Latin America News Dispatch

Old 06-27-2011, 04:07 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,855,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Alabama. Arizona, Georgia: thats a good start
Sections 7 and 8 in Georgia have been struck down by a Federal judge...

Old 06-27-2011, 04:09 PM

951 posts, read 746,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Sections 7 and 8 in Georgia have been struck down by a Federal judge...
yup

Old 06-27-2011, 04:10 PM

106 posts, read 254,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
yup
So long as it has the desired effect of getting them to leave, who really cares
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration