Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 02:28 PM

323 posts, read 530,988 times

Advertisements

pennquaker09;

Don't bother, I don't think she understands the arguments. She just starts expounding about Marxism and theoretical worlds.

So True......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 02:32 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,876,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
Don't bother, I don't think she understands the arguments. She just starts expounding about Marxism and theoretical worlds.

Hummmm...a few posts ago you were talking about the Theological aspects of illegal immigration. Now you are name calling. Something ain't right here.

I'm not sure what church you go to but in mine lying and breaking the law aren't the answers to achieving happiness or success. From a Theological perspective, breaking the law is not condoned.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:51 PM

5,092 posts, read 7,286,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Hmm angry..Ya maybe.

People like you live in lala land....This country is in a bad way and if we don't wake up were finish and if you don't think it can't happen....I feel bad for you.
Don't feel bad for me, pal-I've got marketable skills.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:53 PM

323 posts, read 530,988 times
[quote=brajohns81
Have you Democrats and your Obama done anything to create jobs and secure our borders yet?? Obama will not get a second term, he is incompetent.

BTW, go Alabama!!! Pretty soon all 50 states will be picking up the slack where Obummer and cronies have failed because they are more interested in getting new Democrat votes.

[COLOR=Purple]Wow!!! I was just getting the kids positivity up about America and we saw your post - they are age 11-17 - they asked me how long has the borders been unsecured? Told them - longer than when I was a child - They asked - but wasn't there different parties in charge throughout that time? My answer Yes - Then they asked - so why is the current guy getting all the blame and why the name calling?

I am working on a answer - these types post sure make trying to give young folks honest responses hard - they ask simple yet thought provoking questions such as why do people call people names just because they do not have the same understanding - A 12 year old asked - do I have to say that I am republican or democrat just because I agree with something one of them said? He was clearly confused. Hard to answer their questions lots of the time
[/color]

Old 06-14-2011, 02:57 PM

110 posts, read 183,636 times
If your kids are asking questions - and learning to THINK - you are so far ahead of the game.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,485,987 times
Mavoufl - thank goodness for people like Senator Clay Scofield and Representative Kerry Rich for supporting this immigration law. Scofield may be Governor one day...

Old 06-14-2011, 03:08 PM

199 posts, read 179,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Your argument holds no water. Your great grandparents didn't sneak into this country. They were brought here against their will and to make that comparison is disgraceful and distasteful. Shame on anyone that would try to equate the two. It greatly diminishes the plight of slaves and there is no comparison.

You are correct that we aren't born with the right to a job. That goes for illegals as well, right? Do you not believe in the Civil Rights Act? Isn't that the state trying to dictate that minorities are not discriminated against?

As a sovereign nation we have laws in place to maintain a healthy balance that our economic structure can maintain. When millions of people break those laws it upsets the balance to the point that laws will be created to try to bring things back to a manageable state. Illegals as well as business owners knew what they were doing when this all took place.

When someone is dealing drugs all their money and possessions are confiscated because their gains were achieved in an illegal manner. It could be argued that anyone that has used illegal workers earned income on the backs of the tax payers that were subsidizing the illegals. Maybe their property should be confiscated to reimburse the taxpayer for their losses. Or maybe Mexico should be billed for the poverty that they are transferring to this country.

The bottom line is that there are laws that protect businesses and laws that protect workers. They all need to be enforced equally.
1. Nice strawman. The point is it was legal for black to be enslaved and against the law for them run away. So this "law is the law" logic is flawed becuase doesn't take morals or natural rights into consideration. I mean it's not a hard concept.

2. If there wasn't such a big state to begin with immigration would not be an big issue. The fairtax system would eliminate it.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:15 PM

110 posts, read 183,636 times
Well, we disagree. I am used to being in the minority here.
I will say, I respect your ability to state your opinions without rancor.

And, I just gotta say it. . . . Scofield couldn't possibly be anything but an improvement !!!
(I hope)... everything is relative.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:34 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,363,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Hummmm...a few posts ago you were talking about the Theological aspects of illegal immigration. Now you are name calling. Something ain't right here.

I'm not sure what church you go to but in mine lying and breaking the law aren't the answers to achieving happiness or success. From a Theological perspective, breaking the law is not condoned.

What name did I call her?

There was nothing negative about my post. I made an observation.

Furthermore, I don't go to church. Personally, it's not my thing. I used to, but I figured out that my church wasn't necessarily preaching about God's love for us all.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,876,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
1. Nice strawman. The point is it was legal for black to be enslaved and against the law for them run away. So this "law is the law" logic is flawed becuase doesn't take morals or natural rights into consideration. I mean it's not a hard concept.

2. If there wasn't such a big state to begin with immigration would not be an big issue. The fairtax system would eliminate it.

Yes, it was a nice strawman you tried to interject. Your great grandparents would be proud. And no one has the moral or natural right to take something that doesn't belong to them. Sorry, it's stealing plain and simple. It's not a hard concept, to use your words.

I have no idea what the second point is that you're trying to make. But as far as the fair tax goes I'm not necessarily against it. However, it won't magically create jobs for those that have had theirs displaced through illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration