Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 11:08 PM

36 posts, read 19,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRavenSpeaks View Post
God and I see largely eye to eye on such matters.
Pretty presumptuous.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 PM

15 posts, read 9,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Perhaps some, but that was a small minority of the total group. Here is a list of the faith of America's founding Fathers:

Religion of the Founding Fathers of America

Overwhelming majority of the Protestant Faith. Catholic's and others were virtually non existent.
Well various denominations of Protestants who were equally violent towards each other. You do know how Jefferson's quote of the Wall between Church and State" came about, right? The Protestants were attempting to use state resources to kill the Congregationalists. So "Protestantism" wasn't a holistic uniform group chilling out in the 13 colonies, but a part of the divisions that separated them.

But I think people should take pride in their heritage and live up to it. Jesus asked for the sick, the poor, and the weak to come to him. When a woman was caught in adultery he didn't pick up a stone and say " IT'S THE LAW!!!", he forgave her because he could see her contrite heart. Now there are many people who are living here very contritely who have broken the law, not out of spite or evilness, but to simply have a better life. One should channel a Christian ethos and focus on helping those in need to accomplish what they need, to ease their burdens, and to understand that people make mistakes and forgive them if they are contrite and trying to do better.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 PM

36 posts, read 19,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsandBarsForever View Post
Well various denominations of Protestants who were equally violent towards each other. You do know how Jefferson's quote of the Wall between Church and State" came about, right? The Protestants were attempting to use state resources to kill the Congregationalists. So "Protestantism" wasn't a holistic uniform group chilling out in the 13 colonies, but a part of the divisions that separated them.

But I think people should take pride in their heritage and live up to it. Jesus asked for the sick, the poor, and the weak to come to him. When a woman was caught in adultery he didn't pick up a stone and say " IT'S THE LAW!!!", he forgave her because he could see her contrite heart. Now there are many people who are living here very contritely who have broken the law, not out of spite or evilness, but to simply have a better life. One should channel a Christian ethos and focus on helping those in need to accomplish what they need, to ease their burdens, and to understand that people make mistakes and forgive them if they are contrite and trying to do better.
Something something Pharisees.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:44 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,862,467 times
Quote:
Actually, all nations established on earth are the direct result of God's sovereignty over both the earth and man, not man's sovereignty over the land. All nations, including the people of those nations, come and go, as God sees fit...
So instead of USCIS, I should have sent the I-130s for my family where?...

Old 06-24-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
How do you think God feels that these upstanding Proteatants pushed native Amwricans out of their rightful homeland to form
This country? Doesn't that contradict the verses you quoted earlier about god giving man dominion over the lands he was entitled to or some such? Perhaps this "invasion" as your compadres put it is a direct result of
The actions of the members of the Heritage you are so proud of?
"Manifest Destiny"...

The belief that God is on your side no matter what your country has to do to get what they want...

Old 06-24-2011, 11:56 PM

403 posts, read 334,888 times
Quote:
Actually, all nations established on earth are the direct result of God's sovereignty over both the earth and man, not man's sovereignty over the land. All nations, including the people of those nations, come and go, as God sees fit.

History is simply the unfolding of God's providence over both.
Could you give an approximate estimate on the age of the earth?

Old 06-25-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
WHAT...EVER...! I'm assuming you got the general gist of it.
Reduced to the toddler level, the square, triangle, and circle go into the right holes?...

Really, watch "Cry Freedom"...

Old 06-25-2011, 12:03 AM

403 posts, read 334,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRavenSpeaks View Post
God and I see largely eye to eye on such matters.
How does God feel about enslaving another race for a couple centuries? Benicar, your input is especially valuable here.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:06 AM

118 posts, read 95,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why don’t you quote the post? Rather than “thinking” it was her.
isitmeorarethingsnuts:

Quote:
Exactly!!!!

What a generalization!

And that is exactly what he was accusing me of. It gets old.

Let's see if he can come up with the quote or if it was just a generalization (attack) against Eleanor1
ummm...per Huddledmasses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1
Over 50% ARE Mexican! OMG! Is the truth really that offensive to you? I've called illegals Mexicans. More than half are. That is normal English language usage.
Apologies? Sorry, I didn't see either of you pop off after Huddled presented the quote. Maybe I missed it...

Old 06-25-2011, 01:08 AM

118 posts, read 95,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have been a Protestant (Baptist/AME) all of my life. I can’t speak for others, but I have never been subservient to a man. Wait a minute. . . Who was the first person to see Jesus after his resurrection? Hmmm. . .
Are you a bit off topic? Isn't there a rule about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration