Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 03:33 PM

951 posts, read 748,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Furthermore, I didn’t realize it is racist to acknowledge Caucasian heritage.
I acknowledge my heritage but I'm not advocating the building of fences and restrictions on employment choices all in a giant ploy to somehow preserve it.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:33 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,948,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I'm not sure you need to race bait someone who just said they want to preserve their White Protestant heritage.
It's what my culture has passed down to me. And, I'm not ashamed of my heritage and culture. I'm White and Protestant. That is what I am. I'm an American. I have no desire to change that.

Christ created all men and determined the bounds of their habitation:

Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

I happened to have been created White (no better or worse than anyone else) on American soil (the bounds of my habitation).

I'm also protestant by faith. Also part of my American heritage and culture.

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 06-24-2011 at 03:58 PM..

Old 06-24-2011, 03:40 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,362,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
It's what my culture has passed down to me. And, I'm not ashamed of my heritage and culture. I'm White and Protestant. That is what I am. I'm an American. I have no desire to change that.

Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

I happened to have been created White (no better or worse than anyone else) on American soil (the bounds of my habitation).

I'm also protestant by faith. Also apart of my American heritage and culture.
The hypocricy of the pro-illegals is truly mind boggling, isn't it? As I have often said in here they wouldn't be being honest if they didn't admit that if millions of Chinese for example were to migrate to Mexico illegally, take their jobs and transform Mexico into China, culturally and linguistically that Mexicans wouldn't be just as angry about it as we are about the millions of illegals in our country. I guess Mexicans would have to be accused of being racist, xenophobes for wanting to retain their culture and heritage though and objecting to this Chinese invasion, right?

And now there is supposed to something wrong with preserving employment opportunities for our own citizens first? Cultural transformation is taking place through illegal immigration and there is nothing natural about that. The nerve of us Americans objecting to losing our identity as a nation in that way!

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-24-2011 at 03:49 PM..

Old 06-24-2011, 03:42 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,864,925 times
Quote:
...Christ created all men and determined the bounds of their habitation:

Thank God my wife was a woman, and my stepson a boy, when they immigrated here...

Do women also need to cover their heads and stay quiet in church (1st Corinthians)?...

Old 06-24-2011, 03:45 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,362,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Thank God my wife was a woman, and my stepson a boy, when they immigrated here...

Do women also need to cover their heads and stay quiet in church (2nd Corinthians)?...
Now you are really being obstinant. It is common knowledge that when Christ referred to "all men" in the Bible that he was referring to the human race both male and female.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I acknowledge my heritage but I'm not advocating the building of fences and restrictions on employment choices all in a giant ploy to somehow preserve it.
I'm not advocating those things either. I want the Government to be equal and fair to all of it's citizens. If an illegal alien mother can receive food stamps, medical care and housing for her US born children, I want every American mother to have the exact same benefits, regardless of income or need.

If one group is entitled to affirmative action, I want all to be entitled to the same benefits and rights, regardless of color, their income, perceived "disparity" among groups, etc.

It's really simple. If we're going to achieve a race neutral America than we need to remove all race related questions from the census data, right? What good are the questions other than to promote further racism?

Remove race questions from Government job applications and college applications too. Forget race and diversity completely. It's only fostering more racism and animosity between people.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

Do women also need to cover their heads and stay quiet in church (1st Corinthians)?...
Of course, all women are included in the term "man". The Greek word is ἄνθρωπος (both feminine and masculine) and includes both. The KJV translators use the term "man", however it refers to both.

According to Christ, yes.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:59 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,864,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Now you are really being obstinant. It is common knowledge that when Christ referred to "all men" in the Bible that he was referring to the human race both male and female.
Yeah, that was a bit of an "Eowynism"...

But it kind of rules against any legal immigration too, huh?...

Unless you buy into that whole Manifest Destiny thing...

God's will is what happens...

Old 06-24-2011, 04:04 PM

403 posts, read 335,013 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how the illegals would define their national heritage, but here is mine, passed down to me:

Founding Fathers - U.S. Constitution

Quote:

I'm also protestant by faith. Also part of my American heritage and culture.
What did Jesus say about fathering love-children out of wed-lock with the African maid you own as a slave?

Old 06-24-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
What did Jesus say about fathering love-children out of wed-lock with the African maid you own as a slave?
First: To not commit adultery or fornication with your maid.
Second: To love and care for your children as yourself.

Is this what you're referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration