Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 07:31 PM

118 posts, read 95,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Do you agree that America's founding culture and heritage was White and protestant?

Didn't the 1st amendment clarify some things?

I may have to check again, but I thought it did

Old 06-24-2011, 07:33 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,875,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The initial system is for immigration, not naturalization (although the single agency of USCIS). Most immigrants have to prove nothing more than family ties to a U.S. citizen, and it is their sponsor here that vouches for their financial means. Job skills (for the majority), nope. English use? Heck you can legally immigrate here, and not be required to speak a word of English until naturalization (if you do).

From studying the demographics, which country are you choosing?...

In answer to your question...Yes, their sponsor is financially responsible. And if you want to be naturalized you must learn English. Are you telling me that all the illegals here don't want that? Isn't that what all the shouting is about?

No one could ever convince me that the twenty million or more illegals don't want to start paying taxes to the country that gives them more opportunity. I just refuse to believe it. Say it ain't so!!!!

Old 06-24-2011, 07:36 PM

951 posts, read 747,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
In answer to your question...Yes, their sponsor is financially responsible. And if you want to be naturalized you must learn English. Are you telling me that all the illegals here don't want that? Isn't that what all the shouting is about?

No one could ever convince me that the twenty million or more illegals don't want to start paying taxes to the country that gives them more opportunity. I just refuse to believe it. Say it ain't so!!!!

Maybe you should start by getting with the program and realizing that they do pay taxes. Then, consider that most likely, they would gladly become fully legal to ensure not having to worry about being deported, losing out of work, being separated from their family, etc. etc. Do you have any evidence that they want to remain illegal? I asked Benicar this earlier and she dodged. Any other forum I frequent would enact bans on these dubious claims without proof.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:37 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,945,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
More importantly, the discussion is about a Texas senator outraged about Spanish testimony. Please stay on topic.
Hey, you brought up the thing about heritage. I was just cruising by this forum, saw it and had to respond.

Brought some life to this place too...lol

Old 06-24-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Well, maybe not to stay on topic. But I did report you for calling me "Whitey." That's very racist.
And where did I call you that?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:42 PM

Almost missed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
And they need a history lesson. But when you open your eyes and realize that there are illegals here from many countries it kind of seems that those only standing up for the Hispanics may be the racists.
Not sure what forum you've been reading, but the ones standing up for Hispanics/Mexicans/illegals weren't the ones who consolidated all illegals into Hispanics or Mexicans. We didn't use the math of since Mexicans are more than 50% of the illegals, all illegals are Mexican like someone else did.

I'm sure they'll take your comments in stride.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:43 PM

3,718 posts, read 6,014,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Blacks in Africa wish to retain their position of being in the majority because it is THEIR country.
lulz

Old 06-24-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Fades away and becomes diluted via ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. Convenient that you left that part out.
You mean like how a person of color moves into your neighborhood and your property value goes down?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:45 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,875,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Maybe you should start by getting with the program and realizing that they do pay taxes. Then, consider that most likely, they would gladly become fully legal to ensure not having to worry about being deported, losing out of work, being separated from their family, etc. etc. Do you have any evidence that they want to remain illegal? I asked Benicar this earlier and she dodged. Any other forum I frequent would enact bans on these dubious claims without proof.

Maybe you can PROVE to me that they pay taxes. You are making an unfounded claim in your first sentence, giving your opinion in the second and third and complaining about dubious claims in your last sentence.

Talk about hypocrisy.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
One more time! It is up to the mods to tell us if we are off topic. You aren't a moderator and I am sure you have gone off topic yourself. So don't be a hypocrite and don't play moderator in here. And for the last time I am asking you nicely to leave me alone.
Oh, I know I've gone off topic and was reprimanded to stay on topic. I wasn't seeing that same standard applied equally. I guess you may have to take it up with a mod for not staying on task? After all, you do believe in rules, don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration