Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:10 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,214,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I wonder how many people who want to get rid of SS understand that their worn out parents will have to spend their inheritance without it?
Almost all of them?

I mean, I think most people agree that any phase out should be slow since people have been paying into the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 08:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,864,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
But you could live the good life! Better than your life now, apparently.
Apparently it is - which is why the illegals can "afford" so many more children than working Americans can afford.

Heck - why wouldn't they come here? It's easy, there is essentially no border, no enforcement of immigration laws. They're going to have many children if it means sitting on a sidewalk selling chicklets, but they can come here and have them instead and it's all free. Sure beats staying in school back home and improving themselves there.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:13 PM

951 posts, read 747,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Apparently it is - which is why the illegals can "afford" so many more children than working Americans can afford.

Heck - why wouldn't they come here? It's easy, there is essentially no border, no enforcement of immigration laws. They're going to have many children if it means sitting on a sidewalk selling chicklets, but they can come here and have them instead and it's all free. Sure beats staying in school back home and improving themselves there.
LOL. This is the most stereotypical piece of b.s. What makes them so willing to just "get by" on welfare instead of pursuing better things, like you?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I wonder how many people who want to get rid of SS understand that their worn out parents will have to spend their inheritance without it? I guess the old folks will just have to move in with their kids. FYI, SS doesn't pay all that much and all expenses are going up to pay for lots of obamacare.
What do you suppose will happen to social security when many elderly illegals are given amnesty and their quick easy citizenship? They aren't coming because they intend to return home for their retirement. Social security checks are one big prize they have their eyes on.

Americans working since age 16 will have paid in for decades but illegals who show up at age 50 or 55 will demand their checks and comfy American retirement.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
LOL. This is the most stereotypical piece of b.s. What makes them so willing to just "get by" on welfare instead of pursuing better things, like you?
Let's see.....3rd grade foreign education.... having to press "dos" para eschuchar la mensaje en espanol, no legal documents to get a job that pays enough to support an extra large number of kids.....no health insurance or means to buy one....

Sure they might like to be given a high wage but the very low wage will do as long as the welfare handouts make up for it.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:17 PM

951 posts, read 747,451 times
So that's your proof of them being lazy people with no desire to work?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So that's your proof of them being lazy people with no desire to work?
Some do work hard. Some will have the family they started here on the welfare handouts, while they send much of their money to their other family back in Mexico. Some are go-getters, but certainly those having babies they can't afford and expect taxpayers to give them their free health care here are not exactly good types to have around.

End the anchor baby system, stop all welfare handouts and government programs to illegals, let the hard workers obtain H2A visas and come here as temporary guest workers. Legally and safely.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:38 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,705,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What do you suppose will happen to social security when many elderly illegals are given amnesty and their quick easy citizenship? They aren't coming because they intend to return home for their retirement. Social security checks are one big prize they have their eyes on.

Americans working since age 16 will have paid in for decades but illegals who show up at age 50 or 55 will demand their checks and comfy American retirement.

So far, they have to work at least 40 quarters, or something like that, to qualify for SS, but your idea is one I hadn't thought about. They have better lobbist than I do so I'm sure the rules will change to favor them.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
So far, they have to work at least 40 quarters, or something like that, to qualify for SS, but your idea is one I hadn't thought about. They have better lobbist than I do so I'm sure the rules will change to favor them.

They have better lobbyists -- you can count on that. Illegals given amnesty won't have to prove a thing, just like they didn't have to prove anything the last time they gave a big amnesty.

All they will have to do is claim to have worked here or claim they stoled some social security number and they will be given social security checks. Do you really think they are pushing for some big amnesty because they plan to pay their own way for their retirement in this country? Or because in addition to sending $800 a month in remittances they saved up their own retirement plans?

Amnesty has a whole lot to do with getting access to those programs like social security that they don't have right now. Many illegals are getting long-in-the-tooth and have no intention of returning home but amnesty will get them onto our social security programs. Americans who worked hard all their lives and paid in for 50 or more years will find themselves cut off because the needs will be so great for those who showed up illegally and now have their amnesty and so won't be going back home ever.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:51 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,214,429 times
Quote:

If you believe that average middle class people have untalented lobbyists, you are...well just let me know and I'll fill you in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration