Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 10:28 AM

951 posts, read 746,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You just can’t condemn any illegal alien behavior, can you?
What is illegal about them working away from their kids? Is this something only illegals do?

Old 07-31-2011, 10:40 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,590,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
What is illegal about them working away from their kids? Is this something only illegals do?
C’mon, you know that is not the issue. At issue is the abandonment of their children. Again, whatever illegals do, you MUST justify and defend, which is truly sad.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
I like how you guys act like this is a symptom only typical of illegal aliens when we have horrible parents all over this country right now. They aren't even leaving their families to work they are just horrible irresponsible people. I don't see the same broad brush strokes of stereotype going on there though. Kind of funny.
Watch this at about 5:15 and especially at 7:30 and tell us why you think it's so wonderful that these people are abandoning their children for the big easy money in the USA. Look at the eyes of that kid as he talks to the "mother" that abandoned him, abandoned him to the life on the streets.

‪18th street gang story Part 3‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-31-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
I like how you guys act like this is a symptom only typical of illegal aliens when we have horrible parents all over this country right now. They aren't even leaving their families to work they are just horrible irresponsible people. I don't see the same broad brush strokes of stereotype going on there though. Kind of funny.
Why must you always compare citizens to illegal aliens to justify their behavior, as if two wrongs make a right? Is the topic of this thread childhood abandonment in general? Or, is the topic children left behind by illegal aliens?

No, what’s funny (actually not) are your lame attempts to defend anything and everything involving illegal aliens, no matter how egregious their behavior may be.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This is more typical unfortunately than not.

“It’s very difficult,” a 38-year-old del Cid said as tears rolled down her cheeks. “When I left, my goal was to go back in two or three years, to do something here and go back to my children. But when three years came by, I thought, ‘How am I going to go back with nothing?’”

She felt she hadn’t earned enough money to help her family back in Guatemala.

And while del Cid was away, she bore two daughters — Chattanooga-born Ashley and Kemberly — whom her sons haven’t met, although they know about the girls.

Not only does she fail to send money back, she's pumping out more babies she cannot feed in the USA. What a pathetic mother. Her kids back home go without the things she promised but also have no parent, she's busy in the USA cranking out more kids while her first kids go without. Sounds like she's taken to the welfare life very well.
Sickening!

Old 07-31-2011, 11:00 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,213,460 times
Quote:
Why must you always compare citizens to illegal aliens to justify their behavior, as if two wrongs make a right? Is the topic of this thread childhood abandonment in general? Or, is the topic children left behind by illegal aliens?

No, what’s funny (actually not) are your lame attempts to defend anything and everything involving illegal aliens, no matter how egregious their behavior may be.
We obviously find this unfortunate and disturbing. The difference between you and I is if I stumbled across two articles, one about child abandonment and the other about child abandonment by illegal immigrants, I wouldn't get giddy at the chance to use one to aid the narrative I want to create.

If border crossing were less dangerous, and if a future could be guaranteed for emigrants, the likelihood of them leaving their children would drop drastically.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Watch this at about 5:15 and especially at 7:30 and tell us why you think it's so wonderful that these people are abandoning their children for the big easy money in the USA. Look at the eyes of that kid as he talks to the "mother" that abandoned him, abandoned him to the life on the streets.

‪18th street gang story Part 3‬‏ - YouTube
I had to stop at 7:58, because it was just too sad. How can his mother live with herself? And, I bet she has given birth while here. Who can condone this?

Old 07-31-2011, 11:09 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,341,900 times
Quote:
No, this isn’t an article about deportation. Rather, the countless children who are left behind and/or abandoned by their parents who seek a “better life” in the USA.

Children of illegal immigrants left behind | timesfreepress.com
On the surface it looks downright despicable, but it also needs to be examined in its proper context. Leaving children can be bad, but maybe they're leaving them with an aunt or a grandparent. Doubtful, obviously, if they move and never come back, but it's possible they might be handing over care to their families and sending money back home. If that's the case, then they're still receiving love and support, which is what matters. We take a lot for granted living in a first world country.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:15 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,341,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
We obviously find this unfortunate and disturbing. The difference between you and I is if I stumbled across two articles, one about child abandonment and the other about child abandonment by illegal immigrants, I wouldn't get giddy at the chance to use one to aid the narrative I want to create.

If border crossing were less dangerous, and if a future could be guaranteed for emigrants, the likelihood of them leaving their children would drop drastically.
Well said.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
And like it or not, most Americans actually do live with their kids, if they work, they come home to them every night. If they're in the military, almost always there is the other spouse and the support actually arrives.

This is NOT the case with illegals who think nothing of living and working 3000 miles away from the children they abandoned. Yes some might be sent to live with some elderly worn out grandmother or aunt with too many kids of her own and who really didn't want the extra burden of more kids, maybe does it to get some of that remittance money.

In most cases, it's best for the children to have a parent in the home. I don't even see how that's arguable. The love of money is the root of all evil, children should matter more than money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.