Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 08:41 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC2coolmom View Post
look i am not being a mean crazy woman, but i have been all over this great country and all around the world , i spent one hole year of my life traveling the world with friends and walking it. so i do know what i am talking about. Mexico is a poor country because the people are not truly educated and they don't stand up for themselves and fight for there rights as our great country did.

I'm pretty sure that they had a revolution too. And having lived there, I remember many protests for better working standards, etc. Hell, they even fought for gay rights and won, something most of America can't even do given it's puritan attitudes. So you can't tell me that they don't fight for things they believe in or want. What has held them back the most is government corruption, but slowly that is changing too. The 2000 election was a big step, as it threw out the ruling parting of some 70 years and was the first truly democratic election in many people's lifetimes.

In the next thirty years our population is going to explode and we truly need to do something , we are loosing farms faster than we can handle it.

Our population growth is relatively measured compared to developing nations, and it is aging, meaning that population growth would be slowing even more withou the influx of younger immigrants. Europe has had this problem for years.

We are not going to have enough food to feed this country if we continue the way we are now. We need to stick up for what is right and just and help those who need helping but we also need to help right here in America. There are thousands of children that go to bed hungry every night and live in shacks right here in America. If you don't believe me go to the Ozarks in Arkansas, go up to the boondocks of Alaska. We need to do something and something quick. We put chemicals in on our food, we put poison in the air, we are over population this country and we don't clean up our own mess. How are we going to help All the Spanish population when we barley help our own people.

You are not really arguing for no immigration, you are arguing that the government does more to help our own citizens. Agree and disagree. We should be helping ourselves and not waiting on the government to do everything for us.

You asked how i am know a Mexican when i see one. I don't put them all in one basket , there are twenty or so subgroups and if you want know my grandmother was straight from Spain, married a African made my mom, my other grandma was straight from Ireland and married a Africa and made my dad_ I am and always will be a great mix of what this world has to offer. There are millions of foreigner born America's here and I will always treat them as such a America. I am not a Racist. My children's father is black and i am a hole bowl of beautiful people so i am the one that get racist ass treating me wrong. I just want us to take care of what is in our border before we go giving all we have to a nation that only gives it to the rich . We need to empower them, welfare does not work. Education does. My family has given all it has to America and served in ever damn war as far back as the civil war , I have five family members serving right now and if i loose one in the war i know it is what he wanted to fight for his country . We have to learn from our mistakes of the past . We need to start within and work our way out. And Yes i have been to Haiti- 1990 for three months my best friend Barbra Moho-tie is from there and her hole family died in the within a year from aids to war. she is here now and works to bring orphans here to be adopted. so to your question Yes i do Know what i am talking about.
I never said you were racist. I just question your information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 08:45 AM

283 posts, read 408,648 times
We truely need a comperhensive policy and we need to turn the mirror to ourselves and remember where we have come from and be compassiate to others but what about all these kids in foster care and the ones on the street and the abused and neglected. We really need to fix thousands of things that are wrong with this country , but we do have thousands of foreigne born people become American's every July fourth. So We need a bill like Alabama's to start getting it right. I have neighbors that are asking for the jobs that the Mexican's are leaving to go back home. I know about six people that applied for jobs that folks on fox said American's was to lazy to do , but there doing them because they have been without work for over a year. So it is working.We need to make a big change if we don't we are truly screwed. Hell if things don't change we are going to have a A+ rating and be a third world country in about forty more years if it keeps going like this. God Bless America.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:04 AM

283 posts, read 408,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I never said you were racist. I just question your information.
I know what i am talking about, take a look at four different European countries right now , they have a huge influx of Muslims coming into there country and they don't want it and they are asking for better policies. They are concerned about Muslims taking over there country. Me too. Immigration is a problem period no matter your country , it throws things out of balance if it is not controlled. I research and I read and learn what is really going on in America and other nations. I don't take others words for it. I know where my information comes from. Don't believe the lying ass government. Go talk to a farmer , ask him why he is so broke and so worried, ask him how much he gets in government sub dices and ask him how many people his crops are going to feed. Ask the School teachers and boards of education how they are going to teach children that can't speak English and with there parents not paying taxes how it impacts our children's education. Go ask the mayor of your great city, how immigration has impacted his ability to control spending and pay for the streets you drive on and how it would help if they paid taxes . Ask your unemployed neighbor would he be a roofer or apple picker if it paid wages that would put food on the plate of his children. Ask the Mexican's what they are willing to do to stay here and be legal. Ask them to stop sending all there money back to the homeland to support kids and family over there and not here. Ask your cop that drives your neighborhood how he feels about the illegal's that causes him to do things that cops should not do. Ask and they will answer you and you might just be surprised at the answers you get. I was. I care about your family and every family in this country and out and i cry when i see a injustice and i want it to fair for all mankind. But we must find a way to work it out.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:09 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
I have no doubt that, in many ways, Mexico is improving itself. I've seen that for myself. Also, given that immigration rates are significantly slowing or even reversing in some cases, the economic reasons why so much illegal immigration occurred in the first place may soon be moot. This is good news all around. However, for all intents and purposes, Mexico is still considered the 3rd World.
PARTS of Mexico just like parts of the USA are like third world but it would be difficult to lump one of the most obese nations (second only to the USA and close to surpassing us) as third world.

Third World is Somalia -- but not well-fed Mexico. Third world isn't really just about not having the newest iPhone or 3 cars in the driveway. Sure many Mexicans have fewer material goods, although many have more than the average American but they have much much more than people in real Third World countries.

But seriously, with over 2 billion impoverished people in the world, you can't really think being poor justifies unlimited immigration to the USA.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:11 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,603 times
Quote:
I know what i am talking about, take a look at four different European countries right now , they have a huge influx of Muslims coming into there country and they don't want it and they are asking for better policies. They are concerned about Muslims taking over there country. Me too. Immigration is a problem period no matter your country , it throws things out of balance if it is not controlled. I research and I read and learn what is really going on in America and other nations. I don't take others words for it. I know where my information comes from. Don't believe the lying ass government. Go talk to a farmer , ask him why he is so broke and so worried, ask him how much he gets in government sub dices and ask him how many people his crops are going to feed. Ask the School teachers and boards of education how they are going to teach children that can't speak English and with there parents not paying taxes how it impacts our children's education. Go ask the mayor of your great city, how immigration has impacted his ability to control spending and pay for the streets you drive on and how it would help if they paid taxes . Ask your unemployed neighbor would he be a roofer or apple picker if it paid wages that would put food on the plate of his children. Ask the Mexican's what they are willing to do to stay here and be legal. Ask them to stop sending all there money back to the homeland to support kids and family over there and not here. Ask your cop that drives your neighborhood how he feels about the illegal's that causes him to do things that cops should not do. Ask and they will answer you and you might just be surprised at the answers you get. I was. I care about your family and every family in this country and out and i cry when i see a injustice and i want it to fair for all mankind. But we must find a way to work it out.
Sub dices lol. Farmers actually do get a large amount of government subsidization.

But I think you should amend your statement that you want things to be fair for "all mankind" when you clearly have more concern for Americans.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Exactly. We are getting the sub group of Mexicans who have never heard of birth control or waiting until one is over 22 years of age to start having a family.

Many Mexicans don't "need" to come here illegally because they aren't having children before they can afford them. Muslims don't want to limit family size either and want to have many wives with many many children that they obviously cannot feed. If they had to remain in their own countries, they would have to start facing facts and maybe every 15 year old girl wouldn't be pregnant or already with children and they'd have to limit the number of children they have to what they can feed.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
We truely need a comperhensive policy and we need to turn the mirror to ourselves and remember where we have come from and be compassiate to others but what about all these kids in foster care and the ones on the street and the abused and neglected. We really need to fix thousands of things that are wrong with this country , but we do have thousands of foreigne born people become American's every July fourth. So We need a bill like Alabama's to start getting it right. I have neighbors that are asking for the jobs that the Mexican's are leaving to go back home. I know about six people that applied for jobs that folks on fox said American's was to lazy to do , but there doing them because they have been without work for over a year. So it is working.We need to make a big change if we don't we are truly screwed. Hell if things don't change we are going to have a A+ rating and be a third world country in about forty more years if it keeps going like this. God Bless America.
Our financial issues are not the result of immigration policy, but fiscal irresponsibility for decades by both parties. You don't rack up $15 trillion in debt on the backs of immigrants, legal or otherwise. Our country is in financial crisis because we have two parties that seem to be controlled solely by fringe elements like the awful Tea Party movement that have no idea what compromise means, let alone good policy. In any case, this is not an issue we can blame immigrants for.

And what you state is very interesting in context. You are saying that conditions have gotten so desperate for some that they are willing to work terrible jobs that you assume Mexicans have stolen from you. The bigger picture would suggest that we are in far deeper trouble than what job a Mexican has in America.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I know what i am talking about, take a look at four different European countries right now , they have a huge influx of Muslims coming into there country and they don't want it and they are asking for better policies. They are concerned about Muslims taking over there country. Me too.

Pretty big difference here. Most of our immigrants are Catholic and specifically, Latin American Catholics, which tend to be practical and believe in separation of church/government. You only have to look to Mexico to see this in action. They are actually far better at separating the two than Americans are. The comparison to radical Islam is silly.

Immigration is a problem period no matter your country , it throws things out of balance if it is not controlled. I research and I read and learn what is really going on in America and other nations. I don't take others words for it. I know where my information comes from. Don't believe the lying ass government. Go talk to a farmer , ask him why he is so broke and so worried, ask him how much he gets in government sub dices and ask him how many people his crops are going to feed. Ask the School teachers and boards of education how they are going to teach children that can't speak English and with there parents not paying taxes how it impacts our children's education. Go ask the mayor of your great city, how immigration has impacted his ability to control spending and pay for the streets you drive on and how it would help if they paid taxes . Ask your unemployed neighbor would he be a roofer or apple picker if it paid wages that would put food on the plate of his children. Ask the Mexican's what they are willing to do to stay here and be legal. Ask them to stop sending all there money back to the homeland to support kids and family over there and not here. Ask your cop that drives your neighborhood how he feels about the illegal's that causes him to do things that cops should not do. Ask and they will answer you and you might just be surprised at the answers you get. I was. I care about your family and every family in this country and out and i cry when i see a injustice and i want it to fair for all mankind. But we must find a way to work it out.
The problem with your premise is that the general public often does not have the wider picture and is only concerned with what directly affects themselves. The level of bias as well as the lack of information is going to signifcantly skew opinions. And my point all along is that immigration policy needs to be fair, it needs to be smart, it needs to address all concerns, and it needs to, above all, be human in its response. So often in this debate people take only a cold, hard look at illegals and they are also people.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
PARTS of Mexico just like parts of the USA are like third world but it would be difficult to lump one of the most obese nations (second only to the USA and close to surpassing us) as third world.

Third World is Somalia -- but not well-fed Mexico. Third world isn't really just about not having the newest iPhone or 3 cars in the driveway. Sure many Mexicans have fewer material goods, although many have more than the average American but they have much much more than people in real Third World countries.

But seriously, with over 2 billion impoverished people in the world, you can't really think being poor justifies unlimited immigration to the USA.
I don't make the definitions of 3rd World. Mexico is considered such, so you can debate definitions with someone else. It is what it is no matter how much you disagree.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:43 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
I don't make the definitions of 3rd World. Mexico is considered such, so you can debate definitions with someone else. It is what it is no matter how much you disagree.
Countries of the Third World - Nations Online Project
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration