Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 01:09 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you honestly not understand the difference between legal/illegal, or citizen/non-citizen? If you visit any country in this world, citizens are afforded certain rights and privileges denied non-citizens, and rightly so. And, we aren’t even discussing non-citizens with a legal presence. We are discussing foreigners who are here without authorization. So, please explain why foreign nationals, who have no legal right to even be here, should be entitled to compete for our jobs.
So you're agreeing with me, there are two classes of people. Wrapping it up in fancy paper doesn't change that.

Quote:
Tell me, do you allow anyone to enter your house? Or, must they first knock on your door and receive your permission?
As has been previously discussed, the US isn't your house. If you want to decide who you let on your property, who you do business with, etc, that's fantastic. When you start telling ME who I can and cannot do business with, you've overstepped.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:15 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So you're agreeing with me, there are two classes of people. Wrapping it up in fancy paper doesn't change that.

As has been previously discussed, the US isn't your house. If you want to decide who you let on your property, who you do business with, etc, that's fantastic. When you start telling ME who I can and cannot do business with, you've overstepped.
So, in your opinion, the fact that some people are citizens, while others are not, implies that citizens = superior, and non-citizens = inferior? If so, you have a very narrow mind.

But, the U.S. IS my home. Of course, you are entitled to consider this simply a piece of land to be occupied by everyone in the world who chooses to enter. I don’t.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:19 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
You mean their right to COMPETE for jobs. America is supposed to be a meritocracy, not a place where the good stuff is reserved for a superior class of people by virtue of their birth.
Nope. ILLEGAL aliens have NO right to jobs in the USA. They need to go home or face gettin busted.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
I'd like to know what they mean by service members and veterans will be exempt when illegals aren't even allowed to join our military.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why not stop this "superior" BS. No one has relegated illegal aliens to an inferior class of human being, and you know it. But, please explain why illegal aliens should have the “right” to COMPETE for U.S. jobs, particularly given our current rate of unemployment.
Well they certainly aren't inferior if they stay home but how can the open-borders crowd insist the USA should be a "meritocracy" but then insist that anyone whatsoever, no matter how illiterate, how unskilled has a right to waltz on over the border ahead of those with skills and who have respect for our laws. Allowing in every kind of unskilled lawbreaker does not make us much of a meritocracy - if we were that.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
In state tuition does not equal FREE no matter how you slice it.
It certainly isn't free for the taxpayers who have to pay for this subsidy that illegals now demand to be given. But also the Dream Act is all about letting illegals jump to the front of financial aid lines and demand their tuition assistance.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:10 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well they certainly aren't inferior if they stay home but how can the open-borders crowd insist the USA should be a "meritocracy" but then insist that anyone whatsoever, no matter how illiterate, how unskilled has a right to waltz on over the border ahead of those with skills and who have respect for our laws. Allowing in every kind of unskilled lawbreaker does not make us much of a meritocracy - if we were that.
Because they believe that to deny the unskilled lawbreaker the right to come here is to deny him the same economic opportunities as our own unskilled criminals. To their insane litle minds that's a form of discrimination.

It's all the language of the illegal lobby.

Racism = opposition to illegal immigration

Discrimination = refusal to have open borders

American = lazy racist

Undocumented Saint = illegal alien

La Raza = Successor to MLK Jr.

and so on and so forth . . . until even Orwell might scream.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:32 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
OTOH, it wasn't their fault that they were brought here. Might as well not bar them from higher education.
Immigration: Legal or not, these students deserve a chance - latimes.com
Yes they do! And they can get a chance at higher education in their home country!

Old 08-20-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yes they do! And they can get a chance at higher education in their home country!
Yes and while it might be their parents' fault and not their own, what other crime has children of the criminals given plush rewards?

If someone's dad evaded taxes or robbed a bank, what can they expect as their reward?

Old 08-21-2011, 06:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
In state tuition does not equal FREE no matter how you slice it.
As of July 2011 illegals in CA can apply for financial aid.

California bill lets illegal immigrants get tuition aid?- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration