Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 01:09 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

At the end it said by checking who is enrolled in schools legally would create a climate of fear.

There is nothing to fear if you a legal resident. Illegals are supposed to be fearful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 01:23 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,377 times
Our SB1070 in Arizona was gutted like a fish but Alabamas was allowd to stay? Times are a changin.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:34 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
I am glad they kept most of it.

I think the media & Obama all over Arizona made it a big issue being that they are pro illegal.

Hopefully this law will fuel the fire for more states to follow Alabama.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:15 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I am glad they kept most of it.

I think the media & Obama all over Arizona made it a big issue being that they are pro illegal.

Hopefully this law will fuel the fire for more states to follow Alabama.
Yeah! In Ala, perhaps they can have separate drinking fountains & theater entrances, for those people that don't look 'merican....

Old 09-29-2011, 11:25 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Yeah! In Ala, perhaps they can have separate drinking fountains & theater entrances, for those people that don't look 'merican....
Oh stop with the race card pulling! How is an American supposed to look since we already have every race/ethnic group and whose ancestors were not from here that are citizens of this country? There are no separate drinking fountains or other government sponsored public discriminations against anyone anymore. Are you still living in 1950's Selma, Alabama?

This is about being in our country illegally. Nothing more and nothing less.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:38 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Florida.Bob, surely you are old enough to remember segregation in the south. There is really no comparison here..

Old 09-29-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh stop with the race card pulling! How is an American supposed to look since we already have every race/ethnic group and whose ancestors were not from here that are citizens of this country? There are no separate drinking fountains or other government sponsored public discriminations against anyone anymore. Are you still living in 1950's Selma, Alabama?

This is about being in our country illegally. Nothing more and nothing less.
I guess the State of Ala will have to train it's Teacher in how to be ICE agents, not to mention, make the time available in the schools to exercise that new found job duty.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:43 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Cue Obama suing in 3...2....

Old 09-29-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Florida.Bob, surely you are old enough to remember segregation in the south. There is really no comparison here..
I remember it well. People should direct their anger on illegal immigration towards those with the responsibility to deal with it. Your US Congress person and you US Senators. States should not take Federal Law into their own hands.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:53 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
I recognize that some of the reaction of states to the illegal immigration problem is giving rise to memories of previous bad times that occurred, all over the USA.

But I do not believe people will go back to those times, we have come too far. People are reacting to the demands made by people who have entered this country illegally, the economic times, the complicity of our government to what a lot of people percieve as an invasion of America by a foreign country. They are just trying to put some sanity back into their lives, their way of life. The amount of illegals in this country is overwhelming and too much to deal with....I am sick of the race card being dragged out when anyone protests the unmitigated arrogance of the people who entered this country illegally and are now demanding that we feed, clothe, educate, provide medical service and allow them to dictate who is our next VP. Bah ! As I say again, I am sick of it. !

What about their violent gangs that are proliferating in this country, over the world ? We had/have enough gangs of our own without the Mexican, Central American and whatever other gangs that have arisen, supposedly, because we cannot provide for everyone coming here so, they become gang members...... doesn't/hasn't anyone watched Gangland on the History Channel Gangland — About the Series — History.com ? A real eyeopener......should be mandatory viewing for anyone over 21.

Last edited by AnnieA; 09-29-2011 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration