Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 08:40 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,077,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Absolutely, demonstrably false. I would cut and paste a bunch of links but it would be a waste of my time, and I already know that the law is on my side of the argument, not yours...so consequently, I can't really give a flying f*ck at this point.

But it makes me happy to know that you every time an anchor baby gets U.S. citizenship on a daily basis.
Absolutely, demonstrably false. LMFAO
Please do "cut and paste " a bunch of links, enlighten us. (My "cut and paste" is directly form Justice Gray's ruling in WKA it is SCOTUS precedent)
What "law" exactly is on your side, please name it or link to it.
I suggest looking at your US BC, does it state your parents Nationality? How about Yours? (I'll answer for you - NO, it does not) A BC is nothing more than a document that begins an identity of/for a person, it does not establish a Nationality. A person is not deemed a US Citizen unless they have been granted a US Passport from the DoS.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 11-19-2011 at 08:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
The Framers didn't even have the notion of 'illegal immigration'. Their main concern would have been keeping Indians out and making sure there were no loyalists to the Crown. Had their been Mexicans willing to work in their fields for pennies on the dollar, they probably would have gladly accepted, legal or not. This is especially likely given the institution of indentured servitude and slavery.

You have absolutely no lunar clue about what you're talking about here. Just be honorable and admit as much.
The framers new all to well about unwanted foreigners living among them. Franklin was concerned with to many Germans taking up in one location and completely changing the form of Government that was established. The States at the time did not recognize other "citizens" of other States as they had to apply. Paupers, vagabonds, etc were excluded from citizenship. Try looking up the Constitution of the State of NY, CA, etc, all have laws within them as to who could become Citizens of said States prior to the US Constitution.

To quote you: You have absolutely no lunar clue about what you're talking about here. Just be honorable and admit as much.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 11-19-2011 at 08:55 AM..

Old 11-19-2011, 09:39 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,492,093 times
Quote:
For the record, I don't have a problem changing the rule. A lot has changed since the 14th Amendment was authored.

But the law is the law, and it's clear. People who are born in the U.S. are citizens, if their parents want them to be.
Not true. Kids of diplomats DONT get birthright in the USA.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:14 AM

387 posts, read 591,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Not true. Kids of diplomats DONT get birthright in the USA.
They may not get birthrights but there is no where on birth form given at hospitals that you have to check mark for diplomats, they can skip the SSN section of parents They can even apply for SSN for kids as there is no govt agency that checks for that information

Old 11-19-2011, 10:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
Start deporting the parents, allow them to take their kids home with them or abandon them here like they abandoned other kids when they chose to come here.

Because the parents have citizenship in their own country, these kids are eligible for that country's citizenship.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Start deporting the parents, allow them to take their kids home with them or abandon them here like they abandoned other kids when they chose to come here.

Because the parents have citizenship in their own country, these kids are eligible for that country's citizenship.

Yep i freaking agree with you. One small step for mankind, we have to start some place. Start by deporting the parents, who don't really give a damn about their chidlren anyways, knowing someday, they can be separated . Take their kids home with them, that ways it will not become a federal case, if they do become separated by the two Countries.

Do we even have a number on how many illegals are in this Country, does this administration as previous ones even care!

Old 11-19-2011, 12:35 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,029,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Looks as though Gray says children born of foreign sovereigns are not born to/with the allegiance needed to be citizens by birth.
You do realize that a foreign sovereign as per your quote means a foreign monarch (king, prince, czar etc.) don't you? Not someone with another nationality.

Quote:
A person is not deemed a US Citizen unless they have been granted a US Passport from the DoS.
Uh. No. A person is deemed a citizen if born in the US unless a monarch, child of a monarch or a diplomat acting for the monarch of another nation.

Plenty of people born in the US to American parents and grandparents who've never received a passport. They're still citizens. A passport is for use travelling abroad only. It has no internal uses.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:31 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,334,468 times
Quote:
Absolutely, demonstrably false. LMFAO
Please do "cut and paste " a bunch of links, enlighten us. (My "cut and paste" is directly form Justice Gray's ruling in WKA it is SCOTUS precedent)
What "law" exactly is on your side, please name it or link to it.
I suggest looking at your US BC, does it state your parents Nationality? How about Yours? (I'll answer for you - NO, it does not) A BC is nothing more than a document that begins an identity of/for a person, it does not establish a Nationality. A person is not deemed a US Citizen unless they have been granted a US Passport from the DoS.
Yep, just as I thought, you really, really have no lunar clue as to what you're talking about. None whatsoever!

The children of foreign sovereigns refers to children of people who are working in the capacity of official service of a foreign government. The very court ruling that you cite is the exact same court decision which, once and for all, states unequivocally that children born to foreigners who reside in the U.S. are U.S. citizens. And once citizenship is recognized, it cannot be so easily taken away. Even if it is later established that parents are here illegally, the rights of the child do not change.

And your notion about citizenship is completely false. It is so laughably false that it almost deserves no response at all, but just to enlighten you, more than half of the people in this country -- including the native born -- have absolutely no passport at all. Are you saying that the majority of American citizens are, thus, not officially recognized as citizens?! The irony of this nonsense you've posted above is that foreign born, naturalized Americans are more likely to get an American passport than Americans who were born here.

Mate, do us a favor. Do your homework between now and the next time you spout off on a thread like this. You may be entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:32 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,334,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Plenty of people born in the US to American parents and grandparents who've never received a passport. They're still citizens. A passport is for use travelling abroad only. It has no internal uses.
Such a simple and obvious fact, and he gets that wrong. I have to wonder if he even lives in America, if he's even a citizen at all. LOL!

Old 11-19-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Uh. No. A person is deemed a citizen if born in the US unless a monarch, child of a monarch or a diplomat acting for the monarch of another nation.

It is actually: A person born in the US is assumed to be a citizen.

No internal uses? It can be used for ID, for obtaining a DL, SS#, etc. There are plenty of internal uses that it can be used for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration