Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 01:44 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,863,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Look who decided to jump into the frey....
We have gone over all this before.
A BC in nothing more than the beginning of an ID, you have agreed.
A DL is nothing but another form of ID, you have agreed.
All US Citizens are US Nationals, but not all US Nationals are US Citizens, you have agreed.

Now if you have been following along with the conversation, you would comprehend what the meaning of the phrase you picked means. All persons born here are assumed to be US Citizens, many can prove they are by family documentation (such would be the case of your granddaughter), others, as has been pointed out, by US Passport; but alas, you chose to enter this conversation with but the point of attempting to pile on to some imaginary mound of fudge.
A U.S. passport doesn't necessarily prove citizenship, you have agreed: U.S. Nationals without U.S. citizenship can have them. You can even say that many are U.S. citizens without any direct way to entirely confirm it (and in the aforementioned scenario, the Border Patrol are taking an unverified statement of U.S. citizenship at the checkpoints they operate). Think what an oddity that I pass through that same checkpoint, declare I am a U.S. citizen, but then am asked if my parents were present "with the permission of the government" at my birth.

That's as corny as saying I was not a U.S. citizen before being granted a U.S, passport (my first one issued was "blue-cover")...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 02:02 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,082,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
A U.S. passport doesn't necessarily prove citizenship, you have agreed: U.S. Nationals without U.S. citizenship can have them.
Quite correct.
Quote:
You can even say that many are U.S. citizens without any direct way to entirely confirm it (and in the aforementioned scenario, the Border Patrol are taking an unverified statement of U.S. citizenship at the checkpoints they operate). Think what an oddity that I pass through that same checkpoint, declare I am a U.S. citizen, but then am asked if my parents were present "with the permission of the government" at my birth.

That's as corny as saying I was not a U.S. citizen before being granted a U.S, passport (my first one issued was "blue-cover")...
The BP have their own criteria for allowing a person to continue beyond the checkpoint, you seem to be adding to their criteria based on your far fetched enigma.

The DoS, since the Clinton Administration (can't find a copy of the FAM on-line prior to Clinton), recognized that the matter of those born subject to a foreign allegiance to parents not permanently and legally domiciled here were “considered” (I used the word "assumed") and not legally determined to be us citizens. That was covered-up by the Obama Administration in Aug 2009. http://naturalborncitizen.files.word...rub-chart1.jpg

Old 11-20-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I think the step-grandaughter he speaks of has a Mexican mother that wasn't born here. Naturalized citizens are not native born Americans. However, I have no qualms with the babies of naturalized citizens being given birthright citizenship.
Correct, but my Stepdaughter herself hasn't naturalized yet. She reached the age of majority without my wife being naturalized ("aged-out"), and will have to apply on her own after five years as a Legal Permanent Resident. As an aside, USCIS just added a petition fee at the end of last month for "Certificate of Citizenship" application (N-600) for children of servicemembers and veterans.

Before it was free, but now that is another $1,200 we have to pay after my wife naturalizes...

But thanks to those that have served anyway, I know USCIS means it somehow...

Old 11-20-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Correct, but my Stepdaughter herself hasn't naturalized yet. She reached the age of majority without my wife being naturalized ("aged-out"), and will have to apply on her own after five years as a Legal Permanent Resident. As an aside, USCIS just added a petition fee at the end of last month for "Certificate of Citizenship" application (N-600) for children of servicemembers and veterans.

Before it was free, but now that is another $1,200 we have to pay after my wife naturalizes...

Your step-daughter is an LPR though correct?

Old 11-20-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Your step-daughter is an LPR though correct?
I don't know of any other way to accrue the criteria to naturalize...

Old 11-20-2011, 06:36 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,358,555 times
Quote:

Most of what you have said is irrelevant to this discussion. I assume that your step-daughter who gave birth on our soil is here legally, however?

Old 11-21-2011, 03:46 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,757,361 times
So is this still about the topic ? Or is fighting each other and trying to prove how ignorant the other side is the new focus of this thread ?
Yac.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:32 AM

327 posts, read 321,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
I don't think you know what your talking about.

The U.S always had an immigration policy to become a citizem.
1790 Congress adopts uniform rules so that any free white person could apply for citizenship after two years of residency. 1798 Alien and Sedition Acts required 14 years of residency before citizenship and provided for the deportation of "dangerous" aliens. Changed to five-year residency in 1800. 1819 First significant federal legislation on immigration. Includes reporting of immigration and rules for passengers from US ports bound for Europe 1846 Irish of all classes emigrate to the United States as a result of the potato famine. 1857 Dred Scott decision declared free Africans non-citizens. 1864 Contract Labor Law allowed recruiting of foreign labor. 1868 African Americans gained citizenship with 14th Amendment. 1880 The U.S. population is 50,155,783. More than 5.2 million immigrants enter the country between 1880 and 1890. 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act. First federal immigration law suspended Chinese immigration for 10 years and barred Chinese in U.S. from citizenship. Also barred convicts, lunatics, and others unable to care for themselves from entering. Head tax placed on immigrants. 1885 Contract Labor Law. Unlawful to import unskilled aliens from overseas as laborers. Regulations did not pertain to those crossing land borders.

Last edited by Madd love; 11-21-2011 at 05:45 AM..

Old 11-22-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
You do realize that a foreign sovereign as per your quote means a foreign monarch (king, prince, czar etc.) don't you? Not someone with another nationality.
You do realize that I simply pointed to the quote in Grays ruling of WKA that chickenfriedbananas made his claim about
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
What citizenship does not permit is to confer citizenship to the children of foreign diplomats or foreigners who have no foreseeable ties to the United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Uh. No. A person is deemed a citizen if born in the US unless a monarch, child of a monarch or a diplomat acting for the monarch of another nation.
You do know the definition of deemed right, it is not definitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration