Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:27 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,351,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrjersey View Post
You didn't really bother to read what I said.

I do not think we should allow in illegal aliens.

I do think we should allow in immigrants who can fulfill a labor market that is not currently being fulfilled...and after being an HR Manager for 16 years I truly understand the labor market! I've never hired anyone who wasn't here legally but I could have used a lot more people with that work ethic.

I agree, these immigrants should have sponsors and jobs and they should "earn" a path to citizenship but currently there isn't one for people of lower economic status from other countries.

And please do no tell me that Mexicans are taking jobs away from Americans so that employers can save money...now whose buying into the media. Yes, I'm sure there are illegals being paid below minimum wage but there are a lot that are making a lot of money because they WORK. So I'm willing to say that we should allow people who can perform these jobs into the country legally so they can pay taxes and wont be burdening the system.

OK....I'm not going to go point to point. As JerZ said, this is an emotional issue. I'm done with this thread.
I know you are done with this thread-however you said I did not bother reading your thread. Wrong. You abviously did not read what I said.

You said illegals are not bad people-I responded to that.

You said it was easy to come here as an immigrant in the 1800's. I responded to that.

Yes illegals are taking jobs away from Americans. There was a raid on a poultry plant down south. The plant then had no workers because they were all illegals. The company had to advertise and raise the wages by a couple of bucks an hour. The next day there was a line out the door of AMERICANS who wanted the jobs. It is an outright LIE that Americans are lazy and illegals are here doing jobs no one else will do. That is what gov. msm and big business want you to believe. Walmart held job fairs in Chicago and L.A. recently for new stores. Each store had about 300 or so positions available. Thousands showed up for each job fair-so don't tell me that Americans refuse to do these job-it is a lie.

Another example of jobs Americans won't do. Farms got raided in Colorado. Illegals were gone. Minimum security women prisoners came and picked the crops. They did a fine job, got job skills for when they get out of jail. We did not need illegals to do that job either!

Many teenagers around this country wanted to work summer jobs at fast food places etc. but couldn't because those are all worked by illegals.

These companies lie about not being able to find Americans. Law firms tell them how to get around hiring Americans. There was a video of a conference held by a law firm on You Tube. They basically told you how to act like you legitimately tried to find Americans but then you could go and hire lower paid foreigners.

I too am done with this thread. It is sad because 10 years from now when everyone realizes what has happened and illegals have taken over and reduced this great country to a third world toilet, it is going to be too late to save this country. America needs to wake up before this is too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 07:56 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,560,608 times
Illegals have started a slave wage class. They ship most of their money earned home, do not pay any tax and they people who hire who know they are illegal don't pay tax (contractors) how could any American support this???

Old 08-31-2007, 09:19 AM

604 posts, read 2,921,560 times
Default They are here to stay

I think most American citizens are against illegal immigrants except.
1. When the need somebody to do landscape work.
2. When they need a new roof on their house.
3. When they want some painting done.
4. Whenever people need manual work done that they either can't or won't do, then it is ok to use illegal immigrants.

If you need any of this type work done and you will not hire contractors that use the illegal labor force you will be paying a higher price.

When it comes to paying for services most will opt for the cheapest price from home contractors and with that lower price comes illegal workers.

I retired from the contracting business because I would not use illegals and I could not compete with those that do.

If you want to see illegals leave the USA. STOP HIRING THEM

E

Old 08-31-2007, 10:17 AM

79 posts, read 499,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post
I think most American citizens are against illegal immigrants except.
1. When the need somebody to do landscape work.
2. When they need a new roof on their house.
3. When they want some painting done.
4. Whenever people need manual work done that they either can't or won't do, then it is ok to use illegal immigrants.

If you need any of this type work done and you will not hire contractors that use the illegal labor force you will be paying a higher price.

When it comes to paying for services most will opt for the cheapest price from home contractors and with that lower price comes illegal workers.

I retired from the contracting business because I would not use illegals and I could not compete with those that do.

If you want to see illegals leave the USA. STOP HIRING THEM

E
I agree with you.....
A lot of people complain about immgrants but when it comes to having things done around the house they choose to hire them because they know they are cheaper. They take advantage. I can't complain about them because my dad came here when he was 19, and became an american citizen when he turned 27. But I do know that some of these people come from poor countries to work here to support their family there.

We make them stay.....

Old 08-31-2007, 11:06 AM

why such sympathy for law breakers?? I once said before I hired a contractor gave him one third the money and then came the illegals, I had no choice like a lot of home owners. Oh well, they are here to stay so why argue. I do agree on LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:14 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,351,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
why such sympathy for law breakers?? I once said before I hired a contractor gave him one third the money and then came the illegals, I had no choice like a lot of home owners. Oh well, they are here to stay so why argue. I do agree on LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.
Agreed. There is a HUGE difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants. I don't understand how people can fail to make the distinction or have any sympathy for illegal law breakers.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:22 AM

13,422 posts, read 28,827,243 times
I do not and will not use illegals....
I wish INS would scout Morristown, Dover etc with a big bus and haul them ALL to the alien detention center in Elizabeth for deportation....

Legal immigration only
Our state is over run with illegals...ugh

Old 08-31-2007, 04:56 PM

You know someone has to pay for them too, hospitals, schools, services. In NJ you are not allowed to ask if they are legal or not. Wake up people, these people don't pay tax, and use your services. Why are you pushing out the white blue collar man who pays taxes and does not ship all this money home to Mexico? I don't get you people!!! They are ILLEGAL not legal. Pascack Valley Hospital is going under why??? What are you thinking. If you want help help the 7-11 guy, shop rite cashier, or elderly. Help the mentally ill HELP LEGALS, HELP AMERICA!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2007, 11:19 AM

79 posts, read 499,634 times
They are here to stay......just get used to it.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:11 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,092,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown29 View Post
They are here to stay......just get used to it.
This is not true, things will change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration