Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,353,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Really, people, just because one has a birth certificate saying they were born within the USA does not make them automatic citizens. A birth certificate has not the nationality or citizenship status of the child on it, nor the citizenship status of the parent. The birth certificate is but a form to begin an identification for the child as to who it is and to whom its bloodline follows, nothing more.

The State and Federal Governments use it as a form of identity. It is but one form that is required to obtain citizenship from DoS.

The Department of Agriculture (runs the SNAP program) never says that they are for citizens only, and allows non-citizens to obtain it to include (citizen) children of non-citizens (which is those here as LPR's who have had children here that would be considered citizens by birth due to WKA - it does not specify that children born to illegal aliens are indeed citizen children,; although that is how some do interpret it - SNAP definition is below). http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/governm...nce_063011.pdf
As you should be able to understand, undocumented alien, therefor refers to parolees, individuals granted withholding of deportation or removal, conditional entrants,battered aliens, and alien victims of a severe form of trafficking.
Makes you wonder why children born from illegal aliens are "considered" instant citizens of this country by the powers that be, doesn't it? Why is there no big push to re-visit the 14th amendment in regards to birthright citizenship and make sure it is being interpreted correctly? I know there are some politicians seeking to do this and making the requirement that at least one parent be a citizen of this country but for years nothing has been accomplished. I suppose like everything else in this country those with the most money and power who have an agenda to keep things the way they are, are over ruling common sense in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 09:41 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,493,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Proof the illegals are not coming to work hard and improve themselves but instead to mooch off US government handouts.

Illegals will claim they cannot feed their many children - back home or here without the US taxapayers feeding them but remittances to Mexico alone exceed $2 billion a month. Maybe it's time to tax some of that remittance money and repay the American taxpayer.

I cannot argue this point with you at all.

Having an illegal contractor woodworker and tile layer tell this to me. You know the story gone after i found out.

But was mentioned to me as long as stupid ignorant American employers hire them, they will work.
Even told me that his money does get sent right back into Mexico.

The way he made it sound, there are a hell of a lot of illegals working in this Country, and not a thing is being done about it.

Shame Shame, at a time, when so many Americans are out of work, or have been for some time still looking. This is a slap in the face, to all Americans who have lost a job.

Furthermore, by hiring illegals to save damb buck, your taking food off of the table for an American out of work. These employers, need to be found out, and pay the price of hiring illegals

Old 01-27-2012, 10:24 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,983,827 times
Has anyone on here contacted their representives to stop welfare as we know it?? The welfare system is out of line and being used as a work system and way of life. If we just sit on CD and complain, it will never be revised.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:31 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,983,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I cannot argue this point with you at all.

Having an illegal contractor woodworker and tile layer tell this to me. You know the story gone after i found out.

But was mentioned to me as long as stupid ignorant American employers hire them, they will work.
Even told me that his money does get sent right back into Mexico.

The way he made it sound, there are a hell of a lot of illegals working in this Country, and not a thing is being done about it.

Shame Shame, at a time, when so many Americans are out of work, or have been for some time still looking. This is a slap in the face, to all Americans who have lost a job.

Furthermore, by hiring illegals to save damb buck, your taking food off of the table for an American out of work. These employers, need to be found out, and pay the price of hiring illegals
Yep, a crew of construction workers just left Idaho, to go fix a job in Wyoming that was being run by one contractor and mexican employees, barely speak English, they've got no idea how to build in snow country.

They got there and had to tear out most of the work and start over. The pile of wasted material, was more that these guys had seen on any job, being done by American Contractors.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:30 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,923,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Tell me about it. I'm still pissed at the restaurant I did my culinary externship at. They told me they were going to hire me when they saw how good I was...but at the end of my externship backed out at the last minute to hire the non-english speaking Mexican dishwasher presumeably so they could make a few bucks. I would have had a plum job right now.

Now I see the situation for how it really was. They used the carrot and stick approach to get as much free labor out of me as possible. Praising my work along the way, only to throw me under the bus at the last minute. I was SO pissed I actually walked out in the middle of my final day when I overheard the owner asking the Mexican dishwasher if she could do prep.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,717,466 times
The only way to stop this is to change the law. The mother must be a citizen for the child to be a citizen. Can't have it any other way else a black market will emerge.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,885,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The only way to stop this is to change the law. The mother must be a citizen for the child to be a citizen. Can't have it any other way else a black market will emerge.
Actually it's just the interpretation of the 14th amendment that needs changing. The 14th amendment never was meant to be a way for millions of people to get around the immigration laws or for foreigners to access our many very generous welfare handout programs.

That's sadly all it's become.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,181,587 times
<<I wonder how many illlegals collect food stamps AND make use of the food pantry.>>

Probably about the same number as those who collect food stamps, and whose children receive free breakfast and lunch at school everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration