Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 12:06 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,863,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Hatred is the right word sometimes. What human being thinks it right to break into another person's house, give birth in their living room and then demand they support the resulting child?

An illegal that's who! And their supporters who offer nothing but insults when we dare point out how we dislike this sort of sociopathic behavior.
Who can think that? Someone that thinks a representation of a house is the best analogy for our country. Yeah, I hate that.

We've got to get some better analogies...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 12:12 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,958,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
Question.What gives an illegal THE RIGHT to have babys here.. ? They have no such right..
"stuff it back in Rosa, we have to go back across the border"

Old 01-23-2012, 12:17 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,880,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Who can think that? Someone that thinks a representation of a house is the best analogy for our country. Yeah, I hate that.

We've got to get some better analogies...
Please explain to us why foreign nationals who skip our immigration laws should be entitled to free food from the American taxpayer. If your parents are illegals you should be illegal as well. The last thing "our country" (or the one I hope to live in) needs are a group of foreign nationals who break our immigration laws and then demand benefits for having done so.

I pay taxes. I do not want to pay them so the Pedro of the story can get three hundred bucks a month in free food after he's broken the laws of my society.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:51 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,863,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Please explain to us why foreign nationals who skip our immigration laws should be entitled to free food from the American taxpayer. If your parents are illegals you should be illegal as well. The last thing "our country" (or the one I hope to live in) needs are a group of foreign nationals who break our immigration laws and then demand benefits for having done so.

I pay taxes. I do not want to pay them so the Pedro of the story can get three hundred bucks a month in free food after he's broken the laws of my society.
YOu're hooked on Pedro, but not thinking about when it is Peter or Cephas...

Please explain why YOu had to use the imagery of a Foreign National giving birth in a living room...

Just having a two-month old (Foreign National mother) here that we have to suck the mocos out is going to stop me from sleeping awhile...

Old 01-23-2012, 01:04 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,265,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This should be the policy nationwide. If the parents are here illegally, they should automatically disqualify.
I agree 100%. It's about time.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,802,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
They have not banned food stamps to US born children. What they did was change the eligibility criteria. Any family with no reported income would still receive the food stamps...they simply cut off some of the ones that are working.

Note that those who will still qualify include those with large number of US born children and those with very low reported incomes. So the welfare queens are not impacted.

This may well make sense to some of you but I fail to see the elegance of this. cheap shot.
What they did was level the playing field, putting them on the same criteria that is used for US citizens. Eligibility requirements for illegals were broader as opposed to a family where everyone is a US citizen. I think it's fair especially when it appears that illegals were getting a bigger share than a family comprised of US citizens. If you note in the article is clearly states that the criteria discriminated towards a family where everyone is a US citizen.

This is what the illegal mother had to say:

Quote:
Now, without his food stamps, she worries she can’t afford high-quality, nutritious food for him.
That's her concern? Not being able to afford high-quality, nutritious food, and now she is deprived of it? What was she feeding her child Kobe fillet mignon, organically grown fruits and veggies? There are many families comprised of US citizens who go to bed hungry and she's worried that her standards are going to take a hit.

The food pantries are complaining that they now have the burden of feeding these families, which exist on donations, food and money by the taxpayers. Let the Church take care of them if the government won't. I wonder how many illlegals collect food stamps AND make use of the food pantry.

It isn't about the children born, it's how these children are used as anchors to stay in the US and how their illegal parents benefit from these children. It is about the cost to the taxpayer to provide for these children when the parent or parents cannot because they don't have the resources as they are in the country illegally. If the government chooses to provide food stamps for 2 children who are US citizens that is part of a family of 5, where 3 are illegal, then so be it.

Why is it that everytime there is a news report on an illegal there is always some form of medical problem involved?

Here's an example of taxpayer money:

Single mother, Mexican (look up her family name), more likely an illegal and the baby was given the family name of the father (more than likely an illegal)
http://topnews.net.nz/content/220978...-goes-home-mum

This baby spent 5 months in intensive care at taxpayers expense. Do you have any idea what the cost would be to treat that baby for 5 months with 24/7 care? The child will need to be monitored closely for the next 5 or 6 years, more than likely at taxpayer expense, even if the parents become legal they would probably qualify for full medical coverage at the expense of the taxpayer. Care was provided at 100% no cost to the parents. Would such level of care in Mexico be free? As US citizens and parents, we are all responsible for medical treatment needed for our children, yet illegals don't bear that responsibility, the taxpayer does. Now, if that was a baby born to US citizens, first they would probably have some sort of medical coverage. When the medical coverage ceases to cover the expenses, then the expense falls to the parents. They get to go home with a baby and a huge bill. Fact. And what if they didn't have medical coverage?

Last edited by softblueyz; 01-23-2012 at 03:23 AM..

Old 01-23-2012, 07:14 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,962,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissfully View Post
I agree we all have our opinions but the same people who say that they don;t mind anchor babies are the ones foaming at the mouth whenever the issue of the DREAM act or these people getting in state college tuition comes up. Explain? What American would deny another Americans right to go to college? If anything making these kids go to college and get higher paying jobs is better than letting them starve to death
Anchor babies: either take them away from their illegal alien parents, give custody to people here legal or send them home with their parents.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:34 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,358,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissfully View Post
I agree we all have our opinions but the same people who say that they don;t mind anchor babies are the ones foaming at the mouth whenever the issue of the DREAM act or these people getting in state college tuition comes up. Explain? What American would deny another Americans right to go to college? If anything making these kids go to college and get higher paying jobs is better than letting them starve to death
Why are you mixing up anchor babies with the Dreamies? Anchor babies were born here the Dreamies were not and are illegal aliens, not Americans. They can return to their own countries and get a college education there and in turn get a job there. It isn't our responsibility to make sure that illegal aliens don't starve here. They are their own country's responsibility.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:39 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,358,555 times
Quote:
Or Foreign Nationals crossing our borders and having Americans argue that their children will be American being born here...

Or something like that...

Sometimes "hate" is an appropriate word to use...
No, "hate" is not the appropriate word for advocating that our borders be secured, illegal aiiens be deported and changing birthright citizenship so that at least one parent be a citizen of this country.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:01 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,694,377 times
Quote:
YOu're hooked on Pedro, but not thinking about when it is Peter or Cephas...

Please explain why YOu had to use the imagery of a Foreign National giving birth in a living room...

Just having a two-month old (Foreign National mother) here that we have to suck the mocos out is going to stop me from sleeping awhile...
If you can't afford to have kids don't have them.

Tax payers should not have to pay for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration