Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 04:09 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,878,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
YOu're hooked on Pedro, but not thinking about when it is Peter or Cephas...

Please explain why YOu had to use the imagery of a Foreign National giving birth in a living room...

Just having a two-month old (Foreign National mother) here that we have to suck the mocos out is going to stop me from sleeping awhile...

I read the article and that's why I used the name. The article starts off with Pedro. Pedro is complaining that me and my fellow Americans do not want to give him three hundred bucks a month for food.

THAT'S THE NAME THE ARTICLE USED.

READ THE ARTICLE before you start in with the knee jerk accusations of bigotry. I didn't use that name initially. The writer of the article DID!

Here:

Quote:
Pedro moved to the Kansas City area about 13 years ago and has held the same job for 11.

Though he sometimes struggles to pay bills, he knows most people think he should receive no public aid. He’s an illegal immigrant. He doesn’t deserve handouts. He understands that.

“I’ve never asked for anything for myself,” said Pedro, who didn’t want his last name used to protect his family. “Never. I just work. Work hard.”

A new debate swirling around Kansas, though, isn’t about Pedro. It’s about two of his three children. They were born here, and one day they will have driver’s licenses and the right to vote, just like any other U.S. citizen.

Early last year, when they needed food assistance, they got it. Pedro’s family received nearly $300 a month in food stamps. Enough to buy milk, eggs and meat, fruit and yogurt.

Now, they get nothing.
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/21/3384400/kansas-slashes-food-aid-for-children.html#storylink=cpy (broken link)

Try reading the article next time before you rush to get mad at people quoting from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 10:26 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,315,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Most of the kids have dual citizenship. Why don't they demand food assistance from their parent's home countries? You know. The country where both parties aren't breaking any laws and have the legal right to reside.
I asked this woman shopping in Wal-Mart from Mexico if they have assistance like we (USA) in Mexico (I asked her if she was from Mexico, I pretty knew she probably was because of our area) and she said, "No." She had her WIC check and was stacking milk, eggs, cereal, juice, in her cart with her three kids (one of them a baby).

I thought to myself, "Damn ... Welcome to America."

I don't mean to demonize anyone, but damn, free food when you come at the expense of others. I could understand if some food shelters (without government assistance) were available.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post

I read the article and that's why I used the name. The article starts off with Pedro. Pedro is complaining that me and my fellow Americans do not want to give him three hundred bucks a month for food.

THAT'S THE NAME THE ARTICLE USED.

READ THE ARTICLE before you start in with the knee jerk accusations of bigotry. I didn't use that name initially. The writer of the article DID!

Here:

Kansas slashes food aid for children of illegal immigrants - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/21/3384400/kansas-slashes-food-aid-for-children.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

Try reading the article next time before you rush to get mad at people quoting from it.
They are good at assuming that we are racist or something. LOL

Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,860,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I asked this woman shopping in Wal-Mart from Mexico if they have assistance like we (USA) in Mexico (I asked her if she was from Mexico, I pretty knew she probably was because of our area) and she said, "No." She had her WIC check and was stacking milk, eggs, cereal, juice, in her cart with her three kids (one of them a baby).

I thought to myself, "Damn ... Welcome to America."

I don't mean to demonize anyone, but damn, free food when you come at the expense of others. I could understand if some food shelters (without government assistance) were available.
Cool story...

Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
They have not banned food stamps to US born children. What they did was change the eligibility criteria. Any family with no reported income would still receive the food stamps...they simply cut off some of the ones that are working.

Note that those who will still qualify include those with large number of US born children and those with very low reported incomes. So the welfare queens are not impacted.

This may well make sense to some of you but I fail to see the elegance of this. cheap shot.
Who made a cheap shot? And what does elegance have to do with anything? GTFOH.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Cool story...
You mad?

::here's a tissue::

Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
...GTFOH.
Late in realization...

Old 01-23-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
You mad?

::here's a tissue::
No, I meant that she seems to be a such great shopper...

And you really have a talent for picking out illegal aliens on sight...

Can I suggest a job position?...

Old 01-23-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
No, I meant that she seems to be a such great shopper...

And you really have a talent for picking out illegal aliens on sight...

Can I suggest a job position?...
It's not hard to be a great shopper when you're not paying for the products.

And woah, who said that I picked her out as an illegal immigrant? There you go again, playing the defensive and trying to put words into OUR mouths.

Damn, you're really mad. I knew that she was an immigrant (doesn't take rocket science when you are from where I am) and I asked her if WIC was available in Mexico. The point was that the other person mentioned why they don't ask for help from their country and I stated that from a person from Mexico's own mouth, that they can't get help like they do here. Which of course is pretty pathetic and only proves that they can't depend on their own countries for help, yet, get to come here LEGALLY or ILLEGALLY and receive help (at the GREAT expense of others) somehow.

If you can't take the heat ... get out of the kitchen IBMM.

Why keep quoting me with silly replies?

Old 01-23-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
...Why keep quoting me with silly replies?
YOu mistake my anger, I look on it a little more humorously...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration