Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 06:26 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,936,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Wow, what wonderful human compassion you have for your fellow man. It almost brought a single tear to my eye. Did you learn that in a Christian church, or did you get it from listening to Rush Limbaugh rants?

But hey, at least you admit that your problem is not actually with illegal aliens, but with people who you don't know how to communicate with, people who, through no fault of their own, are different from you.
It's the fault of ILLEGAL aliens they're here in the US. If you're gonna be dragging Christians into it; tell MEXICO to act more Christian to its poor people so maybe they'd stay home. Yes; I said Mexico because that's where MOST illegal aliens are from.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:29 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,936,718 times
Quote:
I know quite a few Europeans, and I've never met one that wasn't fluent in more than one language. In India, millions speak multiple languages (they'd better, since there are over 100 languages spoken there, and they have 13 national languages). And I'd wager that the U.S. is likely one of the few industrial nations that has such an massive aversion for learning other languages.

The fact is that people who are multilingual are highly intelligent and better multi-taskers than those who are fluent in only one language. The fact is that we live in a multitcultural and multilingual country, and its time the monolinguists get used to it. Comprende?
Which means nothing here in the US. Europe is a bunch of tiny countries so the rules of life there are different.

The language here is English and it's the job of aliens to learn it. Legal aliens are pretty good doing just that and ILLEGAL aliens need to quit crying about being dumped on for speaking Spanish.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:41 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Wow, what wonderful human compassion you have for your fellow man. It almost brought a single tear to my eye. Did you learn that in a Christian church, or did you get it from listening to Rush Limbaugh rants?

But hey, at least you admit that your problem is not actually with illegal aliens, but with people who you don't know how to communicate with, people who, through no fault of their own, are different from you.
This is just the usual race card pulling by your side. People who are different than we are? You must be joking. We already have every imaginable ethnic group living in this country legally and that are citizens of this country. This issue has nothing to do with being different but not abiding by our laws.

Why should we learn to communicate with illegal aliens? They don't even have a right to be here. As for compassion, where is your compassion for American citizens who have had their jobs stolen, tax coffers raped and been victims of a crime committed by an illegal alien? I wouldn't preach Christianity if I were you if you don't have any for the citizens of this country.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Erm, I think that was part of my point. Oh, except for the Catholic Church, which has a long history of helping immigrants, whether or not they are here legally.

Are illegal immigrants here illegally? Yes. Duh. That's why they are called illegal immigrants. But whether or not they are here legally, they are still human beings deserving of human dignity and respect. Walk a mile on someone else's shoes, dude.
Since when aren't illegals being treated with human dignity? They haven't earned any respect. They are afforded basic human rights and that is all they are entitled to. Our laws mandate that they be deported for coming here illegally. I hardly think that is not treating them with human dignity. Afterall, our own citizen lawbreakers have to suffer the consequences of their actions also.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:48 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,220,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Since when aren't illegals being treated with human dignity? They haven't earned any respect. They are afforded basic human rights and that is all they are entitled to. Our laws mandate that they be deported for coming here illegally. I hardly think that is not treating them with human dignity. Afterall, our own citizen lawbreakers have to suffer the consequences of their actions also.
So, it is okay to be a lawbreaker if one is a "legal" lawbreaker? Interesting.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
I know quite a few Europeans, and I've never met one that wasn't fluent in more than one language. In India, millions speak multiple languages (they'd better, since there are over 100 languages spoken there, and they have 13 national languages). And I'd wager that the U.S. is likely one of the few industrial nations that has such an massive aversion for learning other languages.

The fact is that people who are multilingual are highly intelligent and better multi-taskers than those who are fluent in only one language. The fact is that we live in a multitcultural and multilingual country, and its time the monolinguists get used to it. Comprende?
And other than illegal aliens most foreigners living here know how to speak English. So we already have a language to communicate in. It is a waste of time and ridiculous for you to demand that Americans speak several languages when there is no need for it. That isn't the same thing as having an adversion to learning other languages. Sorry, but I disagree that we are a multicultural, multilingual country. We have an identifying culture and language and all others are just minority cultures and languages.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:57 AM

24 posts, read 45,982 times
i read the majority of posts here...what i see is collective thought...the more people say something/anything over and over regardless whether it is true or not it will become true eventually...example: "illegals should be allowed here now legally." i believe a large majority thinks this way because there are so many here and because someone/somewhere began saying "yes this is alright, they should be able to stay." although, i would like to point out that the "latino caucas" does not care to support illegal japanese immigration, polish immigration, french immigration, etc...and that says a lot about illegal immigration as a whole.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
So, it is okay to be a lawbreaker if one is a "legal" lawbreaker? Interesting.
Where in my post did I say that? All lawbreakers should suffer the consequences of their actions and that would include our own citizens. The punishment fits the crime. Illegals get deported and citizens can't be so they are incarcerated in our jails or prisons. Try not twisting other people's words, ok?

Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,624 times
Quote:

Oh shut it.

Clearly reading comprehension is NOT your strong suit.

As I have repeatedly stated I am neither Christian nor conservative. And I think Rush is a crude, stupid, loud mouthed, bird brained, sexist, drug using creep who should be in jail. Is it possible for you to stop thinking in stereotypes?

My problem is with people who violate American immigration laws. My problem is with those who insult Americans for wanting them to leave. My problem is with people who live here without permission and do not bother to learn English. Your problem is that you defend such people. Your problem is that you have not bothered to think about the consquences of your actions. Your problem is that you mistakenly believe that you are a better person because you do so.

You might want to stop doing that.

You have set up two classes of people. Americans are lazy, arrogant, xenophobes who lack compassion and have the nerve not to learn Spanish to make life easier for illegals. People who willfully violate American immigration law, OTOH, are wonderful people clearly deserving of love, kindness, respect and the right to live here without learning a word of English.

Why do you think like that?

Old 03-08-2012, 07:48 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,086,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Illegal Immigrants. Ask the Native Americans. You are all hypocrites and are the descendants of illegal immigrants. Of course back then they where called Pioneers and Explorers but it's the same difference.
I'm certain that this sounded better in your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration