Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,777,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Had you bothered to actually read this thread, rather than making assumptions based on your own "rabid" opinion of the regulars on this forum, you would realize we posed that same question to the OP, Miss Y. Perhaps you should ask HER (Hispanic) why she chose to post an article in this forum that clearly has no relevance to the issue of ILLEGAL immigration.
Well not to defend Miss Y but the article she posted about makes it clear that the only issue the "hispanics" care about is unlimited immigration from their own countries and a very plush reward for all hispanic lawbreakers.

They are threatening the politicians by insisting that their issue must be resolved to their satisfaction and that is to reward all hispanics here illegally with quick and easy USA citizenship and allow unlimited numbers in.

The article makes it clear that the "hispanic" vote is all about illegals.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,582,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well not to defend Miss Y but the article she posted about makes it clear that the only issue the "hispanics" care about is unlimited immigration from their own countries and a very plush reward for all hispanic lawbreakers.

They are threatening the politicians by insisting that their issue must be resolved to their satisfaction and that is to reward all hispanics here illegally with quick and easy USA citizenship and allow unlimited numbers in.

The article makes it clear that the "hispanic" vote is all about illegals.
I didn't even bother to read the article. If that is indeed the message conveyed, then yes, it is relevant to illegal immigration. What a pity. Obviously, for them, ethnicity trumps all. If that's how they feel, they have no one to blame but themselves if others assume they're illegal.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,777,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I didn't even bother to read the article. If that is indeed the message conveyed, then yes, it is relevant to illegal immigration. What a pity. Obviously, for them, ethnicity trumps all. If that's how they feel, they have no one to blame but themselves if others assume they're illegal.
Obviously there are some "hispanics" at least by the old definition of "hispanic" who have some respect for this country and it's laws. Some "hispanics" are not for unlimited illegal immigration, there used to be "hispanics" like Cesar Chavez who wanted better wages and knew that unlimited illegal immigration has much to do with keeping wages way down.

However the American-hispanics are now seriously outnumbered by the new arrivals from Mexico and Central America who have come here illegally, the illegals do outnumber those who have abided by the laws.

I do believe that the reason that rewarding those who break the laws is due to the extremely large number of illegals here who believe they trully are above the laws and that their ethnicity gives them a pass.

Few hispanics support the USA or it's laws because they've been surpassed in numbers by the illegals.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,334,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Of course they do, you know how many Americans travel overseas, and to Europe, of course, they want to at least knwo some English.
When we traveled there were so many Americans also traveling either for business or pleasure.

I find your statement sort of rude! because someone wishes not to learn another language, should be none of your concern? i do not find that an American who does not wish to learn another language is ingorant. Their choice, not all Euuropeans spoke English

I know friends who speak 2 to 4 languages, some speak only english, and i do not look down on them. But gosh to say those who do not wish to speak another language are ignorant, is an ignorant statement!

What i find appauling is those who break the laws, and jump the fences to get here illegally, make demands on us, take from us freely, but however do not wish to learn the language of the land they have invaded!
I agree. It is very rude and insulting to call mono-lingual Americans ignorant. Americans are lucky to be able to keep their heads above water these days going to school and working much less learning a language they will never use. The only reason that Spanish is being pushed in this country is due to illegal immigration from Spanish speaking countries and even Hispanic citizens who want to be pandered to in Spanish rather than our national langauge.

Yet I guess it isn't ignorant for these illegal aliens to come here and refuse to learn OUR langauge?

Old 02-26-2012, 04:43 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,737,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree. It is very rude and insulting to call mono-lingual Americans ignorant. Americans are lucky to be able to keep their heads above water these days going to school and working much less learning a language they will never use. The only reason that Spanish is being pushed in this country is due to illegal immigration from Spanish speaking countries and even Hispanic citizens who want to be pandered to in Spanish rather than our national langauge.

Yet I guess it isn't ignorant for these illegal aliens to come here and refuse to learn OUR langauge?
The greed and pandering of our politicians is beyond disgusting. The arrogance of those who assume that outbreeding American citizens will insure their takeover and control of America will find it to be easier said than done.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 02-26-2012 at 04:51 PM..

Old 02-26-2012, 04:55 PM

27,700 posts, read 16,194,432 times
Yo decido? absurd. Last i checked there were a whole lot of "other" people in this country. Just more devisive BS from a garbage rag. One of the guys on the cover is asian/european. Idiots

Old 02-26-2012, 05:42 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,446,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
TIME Magazine Cover Asserts Latinos Will Decide The Next President

Check this out, from now on, hispanics will be catered to, and if the republicans don't get into the game really soon, they will never again be in power........
Quote:
Sherer says that new voters in the Southwest are largely Latino, and that if Obama is able to win "heavily-Latino Western states like Nevada, Colorado and Arizona," he would be able to afford losing industrial Midwestern states like Ohio and Wisconsin.
Electoral votes available in Nevada, Colorado and Arizona - 25
Electoral votes available in Wisconsin and Ohio- 28

So if Obama loses Wisconsin and Ohio and picks up the Nevada, Colorado and Arizona he'll be down three votes. It appears the author and TIMES are unfamiliar with math.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:21 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,875,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Because many threads on here makes references to Mexicans, Latinos, or race issues.
Because 80% of all illegals are hispanic. Hispanics and hispanic elected leaders cannot have it both ways. They can't overwhelmingly support illegals based on race and then call others racist for associating illegals with hispanics.

Quote:

Among your so-called "facts", the one that catches my attention is that more than half of "angelinos" do not speak spanish, my advice: learn spanish now, if you want a job in the future.....
My advice is don't you dare tell Americans to learn a foreign language to meet the needs of lazy foreign nationals, let alone lazy criminal foreign nationals.

But go ahead. Run on that platform. Run on the platform that Americans should be required to demonstrate fluency in Spanish as a condition of employment. You'll be lucky to get a single vote in most American communities. Statements like that one do nothing but infuriate most Americans.

You would call us every name in the book if any of us dared sneak into a hispanic nation without permission and started to demand that locals learn English.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:29 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,334,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Because 80% of all illegals are hispanic. Hispanics and hispanic elected leaders cannot have it both ways. They can't overwhelmingly support illegals based on race and then call others racist for associating illegals with hispanics.

My advice is don't you dare tell Americans to learn a foreign language to meet the needs of lazy foreign nationals, let alone lazy criminal foreign nationals.

But go ahead. Run on that platform. Run on the platform that Americans should be required to demonstrate fluency in Spanish as a condition of employment. You'll be lucky to get a single vote in most American communities. Statements like that one do nothing but infuriate most Americans.

You would call us every name in the book if any of us dared sneak into a hispanic nation without permission and started to demand that locals learn English.
Indeed! Hypocricy rules with these advocates for illegal alien types.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:49 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,875,488 times
Quote:
Uhmmm... I'm well traveled, and have experienced that english (by americans) is not welcomed in Europe , I recall countless episodes in places like France, Germany, Belgium, even the UK where people look and talk down to you if they know you are american, fortunately I speak Spanish which is widely welcome in Europe....
I have no idea where you went in Europe. I've personally been there half a dozen times in two decades including a semester abroad in Florence. I love Europe. I've traveled everywere from Russia to Portugal and dozens of countries in between.

I have to laugh at your assertion that English and Americans are looked down upon over there. Although if the Brits look down on us I'm not unhappy as I'm not the one supporting a group of lazy, inbred Germans to help govern MY country.

In general the order everywhere was basically native language first THEN English then French or German. Then Italian. Sometimes I saw signs in Spanish in museums and elsewhere. But not very often. My Spanish is better than my French so I would often try to converse to locals with it. I mostly got blank looks and then attempts to steer me back to English or French.

On dozens of occasions people literally walked up to me in the street, heard me speaking English and asked if I could help them practice. It actually impeded my attempts to acquire fluent Italian during my junior semester abroad.

The EU conducts official business in English. They understand that English is the international language of business and commerce even if you don't.

Quote:
Many Europeans are eager and willing to learn a 2nd or 3rd language, unlike many Americans. To be fair some Americans, the non ignorant ones, do want to learn 2 or 3 language.
Many Americans don't know anyone who speaks a foreign language. What's the point of learning something that has no practical use?

If not knowing a foriegn language, is "ignorant" then how do you feel about illegals who live here and only speak Spanish? Are they ignorant? Or do they get a pass?

Quote:
You have obviously never been to NYC. Walk in Manhattan and you will here 3 languages within 10 minutes. The horror, the horror!!!
And yet most New Yorkers are fluent in English. Oh the horror!!! The horror!! Most of them aren't even fluent in Spanish. Yet more horror!! Shall we flog them in the public square for their sheer nerve in not catering to the linguistic needs of hispanic nationals who violate American immigration laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.