Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 12:08 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,079,563 times

Advertisements

US Policies Separate Families, Kill the Sick and Create Havoc on the Mexican Border
Quote:
"They don't think about ... that they're separating the family. You know, I've been with my mom all the time, since I remember," Alberto said. "And now, they separated our family. It's just destroying it, you know. I mean, I didn't get any felony or anything. It was just driving with a license suspended. It's not a big deal."
Coupled with being here illegally, it must be a big deal since he was deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 12:19 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
US Policies Separate Families, Kill the Sick and Create Havoc on the Mexican BorderCoupled with being here illegally, it must be a big deal since he was deported.
It is scary that they have that kind of a mentality that everything they do unlawfully is "no big deal". What are they teaching their kids many of whom were born here and are considered to be citizens with that set of morals and scruples? I am really fearful for the future of our country.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,683,324 times
Quote:
US Policies Separate Families, Kill the Sick and Create Havoc on the Mexican BorderCoupled with being here illegally, it must be a big deal since he was deported.
They knowingly come here and take the risk of knowing they could be deported & separated & want us to feel guilty for them.

It doesn't work that way.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:18 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,813 times
From the article:

Quote:
"How much are you willing to punish people for this act of coming here to work or to be with family, to make them not come back?"

+

"It's not just that the laws of your country are absurd in my view," he said. "It's that they exceed the limits of human rights. They trample on human rights and people because they result in inhumane treatment, treatment we don't deserve as human beings."
No. What's absurd are Mexicans who expect Americans to design their laws to meet the needs of Mexicans. You are not inherently entitled to ignore our immigration laws, drive on our roads without licensure or insurance, flood our schools with your kids, push down our wages and use our country's resources without paying for them. Violating our labor laws makes you a criminal not a worthy candidate for citizenship.

If you voluntarily break our laws you have no right to complain when we treat you as a human being and kick you out. Fathering a child on American soil does not give you the right to skip our immigration lines.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:29 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
From the article:

No. What's absurd are Mexicans who expect Americans to design their laws to meet the needs of Mexicans. You are not inherently entitled to ignore our immigration laws, drive on our roads without licensure or insurance, flood our schools with your kids, push down our wages and use our country's resources without paying for them. Violating our labor laws makes you a criminal not a worthy candidate for citizenship.

If you voluntarily break our laws you have no right to complain when we treat you as a human being and kick you out. Fathering a child on American soil does not give you the right to skip our immigration lines.
I can't figure out how their human rights are being trampled on by advocating for their return to their own country along with their families in tow. Coming to this country illegally and expecting to stay is a human rights issue? What about the human rights of Americans that are being negatively impacted by them?

Old 06-01-2012, 03:13 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I can't figure out how their human rights are being trampled on by advocating for their return to their own country along with their families in tow. Coming to this country illegally and expecting to stay is a human rights issue? What about the human rights of Americans that are being negatively impacted by them?
They seem to believe that you can't ever treat citizens differently than non-citizens. So if a citizen has the right to stay here, work here and collect welfare, so should someone from another country.

Judging from the comments they also believe:

No human being is illegal!

Most Americans are evil Neo-Nazi racists, drug using, hypocritical thieves who probably personally murdered a few Indians!

Illegals are the best people ever!

They seem to firmly believe that the only good Americans are Mexicans.

So bascially America and American sucks. One wonders why they would want to live in such a desperately awful country populated by horrible leaders and genocidal racists . . . but then illegals aren't exactly known for their logical reasoning skills.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:33 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,141,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is scary that they have that kind of a mentality that everything they do unlawfully is "no big deal". What are they teaching their kids many of whom were born here and are considered to be citizens with that set of morals and scruples? I am really fearful for the future of our country.
What morals & scruples ???? If they had "morals and scruples" they wouldn't
be here to start with. Likewise, they seem to be a little short in the "integrity
and courage" department as well. If they had any guts they would stay and
try to change thier own country . I could respect that.

It's the sence of entitlement that really makes me mad. They are taught from
birth to whine, gripe & ***** about everything. Ever notice how quick illegal's
can play the "victim" card ?? Im fearful for the country right along with you.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:56 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,249,567 times
Quote:
So what's your point?

US immigration law is incredibly unforgiving compared to criminal law. If "Alberto" was a US citizen, a driving without a license would be a slap on the wrist. Maybe a fine, maybe community service. But for someone here illegally - it's probably jail time, then a transfer into ICE custody for what is essentially a double sentence while awaiting the immigration hearing, then boom. Deportation. Doesn't matter if Alberto was the second incarnation of Jesus - buh bye.

No such thing as "rehabilitation" or "therapeutic jurisprudence" when it comes to noncitizens. If people come here illegally with that attitude of complacency/"it's not a big deal" well they'll be getting a one-way ticket back to TJ or Juarez sooner or later. I feel like most people here illegally aren't that naive though.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:50 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,795,058 times
Wow, just wow. So all their problems are caused by the US and the stupid US laws in place? And that damn fence!!! Hopefully they will start hating the US enough and do the US a favor and not come or come back. Not one of them takes responsiblity for their actions, nor acknowledge that they were breaking US laws. All they can do is "complain" about how cruel the US is.

The guy and his wife who went back to Mexico because his mother had cancer left their children behind knowing there were risks and because they were caught, now it's the fault of the US that they are separated from their children? They have options: find work in Mexico and the send for their children, or the preferred option which is to break US law again and sneak back into the US.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:21 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,079,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
So what's your point?

US immigration law is incredibly unforgiving compared to criminal law. If "Alberto" was a US citizen, a driving without a license would be a slap on the wrist. Maybe a fine, maybe community service. But for someone here illegally - it's probably jail time, then a transfer into ICE custody for what is essentially a double sentence while awaiting the immigration hearing, then boom. Deportation. Doesn't matter if Alberto was the second incarnation of Jesus - buh bye.

No such thing as "rehabilitation" or "therapeutic jurisprudence" when it comes to noncitizens. If people come here illegally with that attitude of complacency/"it's not a big deal" well they'll be getting a one-way ticket back to TJ or Juarez sooner or later. I feel like most people here illegally aren't that naive though.
Incredibly unforgiving? So deportation is a like the worst that can happen.

I would venture to say that since he has had his license suspended he probably had more than one encounter with the local PD. I mean how many times should he simply be given a slap on the wrist? Maybe he has already done community service due to priors.

Now being transferred to ICE is a "double sentence"? So a day or 2 in the local jail (which is actually ICE custody), transferred to an ICE facility with maybe as much as a week in ICE custody is a double sentence?

That's right, there is no second chance if you screw up as a non-citizen. Look at that, you did understand my point after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration