Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 04:08 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,790,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But I thought you were living outside the United States for now...
You questioned my "tax" payments and I answered you:

Quote:
Yes I am. That doesn't mean I'm exempt from paying taxes, unlike 2/3s of the illegals in the US who don't. Oh wait they do........................city tax. Do you work and pay taxes or are you on a government program (Disability?)?

The IRS/government looks closer at me - and I don't get a refund - while ignoring the 5 illegals - each who get a refund - who operate under one social security number

I noticed that you failed to respond. I think it's safe to assume that anyone who is so pro-illegal cannot be a taxpayer or pays very little into the system. I know that you have an emotional connection but I wonder about your taxpaying connection.

It's easy for an illegal or an American citizen that doesn't pay taxes or pays very little, can spend someone else's money, especially when it's self-serving.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:45 PM

153 posts, read 131,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Yes I am. That doesn't mean I'm exempt from paying taxes, unlike 2/3s of the illegals in the US who don't. Oh wait they do........................city tax. Do you work and pay taxes or are you on a government program (Disability?)?

The IRS/government looks closer at me - and I don't get a refund - while ignoring the 5 illegals - each who get a refund - who operate under one social security number.
This has been bugging me. We don't have a clue what the accurate population of illegals are, but you know that two thirds don't pay taxes?

Old 07-29-2012, 01:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,772,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
This has been bugging me. We don't have a clue what the accurate population of illegals are, but you know that two thirds don't pay taxes?
I would say that many fewer than a third pay income taxes. Most illegals if they go to a Walmart for certain items or other store will pay some sales taxes but sales taxes are about the only taxes most pay.

Illegals aren't stupid after all -- they know if they steal someone's social security card to use to take one of those good jobs that Americans will do, that there may be taxes taken out but if they declare 8 or 9 children, they won't have to pay income taxes, they won't even be taken out. They may have to pay social security taxes which really chaps their hides because after all they are using a social security number to illegally obtain that job.

Illegals working as independent contractors almost never pay FICA or social security taxes. They simply don't file an income statement with the IRS. And absolutely nothing is done about it.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:12 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,852,810 times
Quote:
You questioned my "tax" payments and I answered you...
No, I tried to reassert how you were being affected by illegal aliens while living outside the United States...

Quote:
...I noticed that you failed to respond. I think it's safe to assume that anyone who is so pro-illegal cannot be a taxpayer or pays very little into the system. I know that you have an emotional connection but I wonder about your taxpaying connection.

It's easy for an illegal or an American citizen that doesn't pay taxes or pays very little, can spend someone else's money, especially when it's self-serving.
Yeah, we are readying for whichever point my wife chooses to naturalize, and knowing how tax filings are examined for that occasion. But thanks for the assumption about paying taxes. I just get incredibly bored by entire topics pulled down by regulars and pop-ons that says things like "These DREAMers WON"T even have their GREAT-Grandmother stopped by ICE as THEY bring them acrossed the BOARDER, an she'll get that PR job with WELFARE bennys to be able to VOTE for Obama!".

Old 07-29-2012, 02:44 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,790,808 times
Quote:
[IBMMuseum;25393849]No, I tried to reassert how you were being affected by illegal aliens while living outside the United States...
As long as I am an American citizen that pays taxes, I am more than entitled to have a say than someone, regardless of their status, who doesn't pay taxes. I am still an American citizen with the right to vote and required to pay taxes, no matter what country I am in.

As a property owner in the US and required to pay property tax, can I go to the proper authority and tell them since I won't be living in the house for a few years I don't need to pay property tax?

Quote:
Yeah, we are readying for whichever point my wife chooses to naturalize, and knowing how tax filings are examined for that occasion. But thanks for the assumption about paying taxes. I just get incredibly bored by entire topics pulled down by regulars and pop-ons that says things like "These DREAMers WON"T even have their GREAT-Grandmother stopped by ICE as THEY bring them acrossed the BOARDER, an she'll get that PR job with WELFARE bennys to be able to VOTE for Obama!".
I didn't assume anything. I asked a question. Sometimes silence is an answer in itself.

As to the highlighted text: where did that come from? But since you mentioned it, if someone is educated and qualified to meet the requirements of a PR job why would they need to enter the US illegally? Is Mexico suffering from a brain drain with educated Mexicans entering the US illegally who are taking the jobs "Americans won't do"?

You get bored? I guess it's pretty much the same way you bore people with your repetitive mention of your wife and/or childrens status in threads, which don't exactly pull a thread up.

Last edited by softblueyz; 07-29-2012 at 02:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.