Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 08:37 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,526,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
If a woman steals my wallet & gives to her kid the cash contained therein, do I need to let the kid keep my money?
Nope, catch them in the act, enforce it and get your money back.

Now if the kid gets away with it for 15 years (until 18), turns your money into a striving business....do you get to take the entire business away from the kid?

Old 07-27-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. Children of other criminals are not rewarded for their parents' lawlessness. Children of embezzlers, tax cheats, bank robbers, shoplifters don't get some big reward out of their parents criminality. They very often suffer the consequences of having parents who chose to break the laws.

Children of illegals actually expect that they should be rewarded. They even believe that because they are to be rewarded with quick easy citizenship, their lawbreaking parents also have deserved some right to stay here with them.
Well there is more controversy here, because not only do you anti's want the 3 year old (brought here as illegal) to be deported when they turn 18 and applying for college. But you also demean the kids born here to illegals that are rightfully US citizens by calling them "Anchor babies" and want to reverse the right, WHICH IS RIGHT by LAW.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. Children of other criminals are not rewarded for their parents' lawlessness. Children of embezzlers, tax cheats, bank robbers, shoplifters don't get some big reward out of their parents criminality. They very often suffer the consequences of having parents who chose to break the laws.

Children of illegals actually expect that they should be rewarded. They even believe that because they are to be rewarded with quick easy citizenship, their lawbreaking parents also have deserved some right to stay here with them.
That's a huge problem with Obama's deferred action. Dreamies are rewarded for the criminal behavior of their parents. Not only that, but their parents are also being rewarded. Napolitano has promised not to target their parents for deportation. It's backdoor amnesty, plain and simple.

I would also like to know how Obama can justify offering work permits to illegals while our own citizens remain unemployed.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That's a huge problem with Obama's deferred action. Dreamies are rewarded for the criminal behavior of their parents. Not only that, but their parents are also being rewarded. Napolitano has promised not to target their parents for deportation. It's backdoor amnesty, plain and simple.

I would also like to know how Obama can justify offering work permits to illegals while our own citizens remain unemployed.
Because Obama handled a humane issue, humanely, by not deporting American adults brought here illegally by their parents as children.

See..plenty of controversy here.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Well there is more controversy here, because not only do you anti's want the 3 year old (brought here as illegal) to be deported when they turn 18 and applying for college. But you also demean the kids born here to illegals that are rightfully US citizens by calling them "Anchor babies" and want to reverse the right, WHICH IS RIGHT by LAW.
While the child was certainly innocent, he/she should not benefit from the criminal behavior of the parents. We have immigration laws, and they need to be enforced. This deferred action will only be another magnet for illegal immigration.

In my opinion, "anchor baby" is not meant as a derogatory term for a child. If so, I would never use it. Rather, it is used to describe the behavior of the parents who often give birth on U.S. soil hoping the birth will anchor them to this country. Likewise, the term "jackpot baby." Clearly, it has worked as planned.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Because Obama handled a humane issue, humanely, by not deporting American adults brought here illegally by their parents as children.

See..plenty of controversy here.
I understand that they were brought here as minors. But, Obama is not doing this as a humanitarian gesture. He's doing it for votes. We have record unemployment. Who in their right mind would offer a million non-citizens, be they legal or illegal, the opportunity for employment under these circumstances?

Old 07-27-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
I understand that they were brought here as minors. But, Obama is not doing this as a humanitarian gesture. He's doing it for votes. We have record unemployment. Who in their right mind would offer a million non-citizens, be they legal or illegal, the opportunity for employment under these circumstances?
It doesn't matter which political you want to sub in, it would be for votes.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter which political you want to sub in, it would be for votes.
It still doesn't make it right. Sadly, Obama doesn't realize he may have gained a lot of Hispanic votes, but he simultaneously lost many. His pandering has gone too far. Even people who campaigned for him in the last election, and were staunch supporters, have now jumped ship. I voted for him in 2008, but he won't get my vote in November. Foolishly, I actually thought he was different. But, clearly, he's just another politician, willing to sell his soul for votes. Very disappointing. This time, I'll stay home. And, I'll have lots of company.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:41 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,738,047 times
Quote:
It still doesn't make it right. Sadly, Obama doesn't realize he may have gained a lot of Hispanic votes, but he simultaneously lost many. His pandering has gone too far. Even people who campaigned for him in the last election, and were staunch supporters, have now jumped ship. I voted for him in 2008, but he won't get my vote in November. Foolishly, I actually thought he was different. But, clearly, he's just another politician, willing to sell his soul for votes. Very disappointing. This time, I'll stay home. And, I'll have lots of company.
Add me to the list of those who voted for him in 2008 and will not do so in the upcoming election. Providing work permits to illegal alien criminals at a time when millions of Americans are unemployed is treasonous.

If a dreamer has a history of working under the table - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Old 07-27-2012, 09:47 PM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Sure, chewing gum in Singapore is illegal too. People still do it.
I would hardly compare chewing gum to entering a country illegally and the many other crimes that are committed by many of them after entry. Either way two wrongs don't make a right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration