Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 07:10 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Choosing Paul Ryan for his running mate means that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is all but giving up on the Hispanic vote in November.

Ryan, the seven-term congressman from Wisconsin, has built a hard-line record on immigration issues and voted against the DREAM Act. Romney passed over several other candidates with more moderate immigration records, most notably Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who has urged the party to soften its stands on immigration matters.
Romney Writes Off Hispanic Voters In Selecting Paul Ryan for Ticket

I firmly believe that the conservative non ethnocentric, non racist taxpaying Americans of hispanic descent (particulary Cubans) will vote for the republican ticket. With all of the angry, unemployed newly homeless Americans in this country, coupled with all of those who are so over Obama's shuckin' and jivin' charisma, the media may feel that this is a negative for the Romney ticket but I don't. The fact that Romney chose an anti-illegal alien/amnesty running mate feels my heart with joy. If enough of us angry beavers get to the polls and vote against the amnesty chief we just might get our laws enforced and our country back!

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 08-12-2012 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 12:41 AM

153 posts, read 131,397 times
Why not vote for the Constitution party? They hold a view on immigration many here would like, and it'd be a great way to tell both parties to suck it and their constant pandering.

[The Constitution Party & Their Presidential Nominee Goode]

Quote:
Goode has called for a partial repeal of the 14th Amendment, which guarantees citizenship to all persons born in the United States. He told Peter Gemma of the Independent Political Report that “The children of illegal aliens are now granted automatic citizenship. That’s wrong and must be addressed right away. This is central to my opposition to granting amnesty for any and all illegal aliens. And I go a step further: legal immigration must be cut back too—Americans with talent and experience must be put to work first before we import foreign job takers.” Goode is far more harsh than the two major party candidates on immigration, calling for a moratorium with few exceptions on even legal immigration for a period of time until the immigration issue can be solved.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:52 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
Romney giving up on the Hispanic vote sounds like something I'd read on the Huffington Post. If he makes any points with Hispanics, you can bet you won't read about it, or see a story about it in the mainstream media. It plays to those people who say "I don't know how he stands on illegal immigration (meaning: I can't be bothered to find out) but if others don't like him, I won't vote for him."

Old 08-13-2012, 02:54 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Romney is making ads in Espanol

Nosotros - YouTube

Los Invito - YouTube

Old 08-13-2012, 03:39 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Romney giving up on the Hispanic vote sounds like something I'd read on the Huffington Post. If he makes any points with Hispanics, you can bet you won't read about it, or see a story about it in the mainstream media. It plays to those people who say "I don't know how he stands on illegal immigration (meaning: I can't be bothered to find out) but if others don't like him, I won't vote for him."
Of course we'll hear the whining from the illegal alien hispandering news stations such as MSNBC. They'll even go so far as to interview the angry ones. But at this point who cares? I think Romney's choice will bring out those of us who are fed up with the pandering and who want out laws enforced and our country back to the polls in droves.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
[quote=Savoir Faire;25610065]Romney is making ads in Espanol

Seeing as I failed to learn Spanish it's hard to say exactly which population of hispanics he is addressing. Legal hispanics or illegal hispanics? Is he enlightening hispanic citizens as to how they are getting screwed along with every other citizen? We have a very large population of Puerto Rican citizens and in Puerto Rico they are suffering from the impact of illegals and the drugs they bring in. PR in under US where immigration/drug traffic is concerned and our government is doing nothing about it. PRs are not happy with the situation and just may sway their vote to Romney in the hope that something can be done.

I think many citizens undecided as to how to vote and are opposed to how Obama is handling (or NOT handling?) the illegal immigration and drug problem in the US may have just found a place for their vote.

Romney also has the option of Spanish on his website. Could it be possible that there are hispanic citizens who don't like what is going on with illegals?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:19 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Why wouldn't they vote for one of their own?

Our Friends at @pochodotcom Release the EXCLUSIVE @MexicanMitt Music Video

Old 08-13-2012, 07:10 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Mitt Romney was born in this country and isn't culturally Hispanic so how is he one of their own? Even genetically he isn't white Spaniard and has no Native Indian blood. His native language is English. I don't get the connection at all even though his father was born in Mexico. His father George was the govenor of Michigan and would have to have been a U.S. citizen to be able to hold political office here.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Mitt Romney was born in this country and isn't culturally Hispanic so how is he one of their own? Even genetically he isn't white Spaniard and has no Native Indian blood. His native language is English. I don't get the connection at all even though his father was born in Mexico. His father George was the govenor of Michigan and would have to have been a U.S. citizen to be able to hold political office here.
Uh; there's NO "Hispanic" race and some are of English or Irish family which make La Raza mad. George DID try for for POTUS in 1968; had he got the nod, he being born in Mexico would've opened up a can of worms.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Most "hispanics" are very liberal -- they wouldn't vote for a Republican no matter what. About 20% of hispanics are conservative and will vote for the same issues that other conservatives vote for. 70% of hispanics are out-and-out liberal, they want very big government, they want their welfare handouts, they like all that tax the rich, the promise of free healthcare, abortion and the whole liberal agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration