Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 12:05 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Of course you do. I have never met one person who is on this illegal immigration problem who doesn't believe that those people are destroying the nation.

Think about the logic of what you are writing. If the problem is only illegal immigration, then that problem can be eliminated by allowing many, many, many more people to immigrate to this nation legally.

Do you really believe you'd have no problem with this nation's immigrants if our immigration laws allowed much more legal immigration so that those same people you think are destroying the nation could come here in greater numbers legally?

I have no issue with it. I don't think anyone should be rewarded for breaking the law. I think they are destroying the nation not because they are bad people but because they feel they have more rights then those doing it legally. It is not right. If a persons first action when coming into a country is to break the law then, yeah I think they are contributing to the destruction of that nation.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:10 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Ok so you want to greatly expand legal immigration to significantly reduce illegal immigration?
Mental illness .... it's the only explanation for this level of ridiculousness. It's beyond George Orwell like circular reasoning. To say this is unbelievable would be a gross understatement .... it's beyond adequate description with the words available in the English language.

Why do you think that the doors should be swung wide open to allow a flood of people into the country during a global financial meltdown? Do you realize that sovereign nations must establish immigration policies that are manageable and beneficial to the country, and not harmful? Do you realize that most nation's immigration policies are far more restrictive than ours, and require immigrants to be able to prove not only self sufficiency, but the ability to contribute, rather than pose a drain on the country's resources?

Think for 5 seconds .... do companies simply hire how ever many people need a job and apply .. or do they fill the positions they have open, only? How long to you think a company would survive by simply allowing you to show up and demand a paycheck?

How many of the 6 Billion people on the planet do you think we should "take in" ? Half? 2/3 ? All of them?

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 08-21-2012 at 12:26 AM..

Old 08-21-2012, 12:22 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
If you want to go school HERE, prove you legally live HERE.

And yeah, the thread is very faulty and skewed. I am anti ILLEGAL immigrant.

Hasta Luego!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:24 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
We have at minimum, an estimated 20 Million illegals residing here now ... the figure is likely higher ... no one knows the true number. And that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with legal immigration ... NOTHING. How you could possibly link the two is beyond rational thinking. What goes on in the legitimate channels of legal immigration for foreign applicants seeking residence here has no connection whatsoever with the river of human traffic flowing across the border illegally.

We have an economy in a death spiral ... 40+ Million people on food stamps .. 100 Million receiving some form of government assistance (read public assistance, paid by public), an annual budget deficit of a Trillion and a half dollars ... cities like Detroit collapsing with 40% unemployment, and things are going to get worse before they get better ... if better is even possible. So where in the hell do you get the insane idea that we need to "greatly expand" any type of immigration, legal or otherwise? Have you lost your mind entirely?

This is classic immigration fear, exaggerating/lying about the number of undocumented immigrants. The government estimated that there are 10.8 million undocumented immigrants in 2009. You nearly double the number.

Again, it defies credulity to deny the absolute connection between the amount of illegal immigration versus the amount of legal immigration allowed. They are directly related. The limits of both time and numbers is directly related to the amount of immigration we have in this nation and that impacts the amount of illegal immigration.

Understand, I am not writing that immigration should be greatly expanded. What I am writing is that if illegal immigration is the only problem of those who harp on undocumented immigrants destroying the nation, then greatly expanding legal immigration would take care of that problem.

This should be a solution that one hears from those who have an issue with illegal immigration to greatly expand legal immigration, but that never happens.

Those who dislike illegal immigration don't like immigration period, and wouldn't be supportive of greatly expanding legal immigration because they perceive that too many legal immigrants would come from the wrong kinds of nations which they believe is destroying this country.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:26 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
So, if you are asked to provide your address, to prove that you're enrolling your child in the school he or she is zoned, is that unconstitutional?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Mental illness .... it's the only explanation for this level of ridiculousness. It's beyond George Orwell like circular reasoning. To say this is unbelievable would be a gross understatement .... it's beyond adequate description with the words available in the English language.
Asking a question is sign of a mental illness? LOL I understand you are trying to make sense of the world, but are severely limited in your ability to do this.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I have no issue with it. I don't think anyone should be rewarded for breaking the law. I think they are destroying the nation not because they are bad people but because they feel they have more rights then those doing it legally. It is not right. If a persons first action when coming into a country is to break the law then, yeah I think they are contributing to the destruction of that nation.
Your thoughts about undocumented immigrants destroying this nation are illogical, but I do commend you for supporting one policy solution to the problem of illegal immigration which is to greatly expand legal immigration.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Asking a question is sign of a mental illness? LOL I understand you are trying to make sense of the world, but are severely limited in your ability to do this.
You were not simply asking the question. You've clearly communicated the circular reasoning that claimed that greatly expanding legal immigration would mitigate the illegal invasion ... but you'll never be able to give a rational explanation for how that would work, because one has nothing to do with the other ... unless you are suggesting that we should just rubber stamping them "legal" as they reach the border? If that's what you mean ... forget it .. that would just be a free for all amnesty program, and not legal immigration.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
You were not simply asking the question. You've clearly communicated the circular reasoning that claimed that greatly expanding legal immigration would mitigate the illegal invasion ... but you'll never be able to give a rational explanation for how that would work, because one has nothing to do with the other ... unless you are suggesting that we should just rubber stamping them "legal" as they reach the border? If that's what you mean ... forget it .. that would just be a free for all amnesty program, and not legal immigration.

Any nation can expand its legal immigration can speed up the time it takes to come into its borders to basically eliminate illegal immigration. There is a direct connection between illegal immigration and the amount of legal immigration allowed. This is objective reality.

I was merely asking a question. I consistently hear the lie of those who hate illegal immigration that they have no problem with legal immigration.

Logic dictates then greatly expanding legal immigration solves the problem for that person. They get more of the immigration they claim to like and far less of the immigration they claim to despise.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:43 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
Quote:
Think about the logic of what you are writing. If the problem is only illegal immigration, then that problem can be eliminated by allowing many, many, many more people to immigrate to this nation legally.
How would allowing; "many, many, many more people to immigrate to this nation, legally", fix the illegal immigration problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration