Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:31 AM

537 posts, read 443,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Note that many of our brunet people here in Arizona who may look 'Mexican' are actually Native American as in Apache, Navajo, etc.
I always wonder about people because most, even Mexicans, don't seem that able to distinguish between a Mexican and an American Indian. I don't find it hard at all. I can watch the news and tell when it happens to be an American Indian or a Mexican. Look at the facial features and one can tell if you really study them.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:50 AM

9,962 posts, read 18,547,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
I always wonder about people because most, even Mexicans, don't seem that able to distinguish between a Mexican and an American Indian. I don't find it hard at all. I can watch the news and tell when it happens to be an American Indian or a Mexican. Look at the facial features and one can tell if you really study them.
I can definitely tell the difference between a Native Indian and a "Mestizo-Mexicano" or "Apache-Mexicano". Native indians noses are more straight and defined, eyes squint more, cheeks are higher and flater, and hair is usually thinner. But there are a lot of mexicans that are pure blood natives too and you cannot tell the difference.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:58 AM

537 posts, read 443,508 times
Yes, you most certainly can tell the difference. Look at the Natives in Mexico compared to the different Natives in our country.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:08 AM

1,486 posts, read 4,164,357 times
If we couldnt survice with ILLEGAL immigrants we would be here today because this country wasnt built up with illegal immigrants a while ago.

Ummm but maybe there would be a few mor police officers alive today without the illegals that killed them.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:30 AM

457 posts, read 433,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
California without a Mexican - Los Angeles Times
- Workplace enforcement without immigration reform will cripple the economy -- and it will be Joe Public's fault.

Discuss.
I agree with the other posters. If we hadn't allowed this to happen in the first place, California wouldn't BE in the position they are in. But, you know what? They'd SURVIVE the "loss".

Viva DEPORTACION.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:55 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,775,825 times
Quote:
- Workplace enforcement without immigration reform will cripple the economy -- and it will be Joe Public's fault.

Discuss.
That should say, California without an illegal. But then they could not use the race card in their fight for illegals.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:25 AM

9,317 posts, read 18,791,869 times
I read an article a while back mentioning the labor shortage crisis that deportation would bring. It mentioned that Americans have not invented a new farm machine for harvesting crops since the mid 1900's, only improved the ones we have. The reason being, that we have so much imported labor, we do not need to invent any longer. I believe that America will survive without illegals coming to pick our fruit, that many Americans without job skills will fill those slots. It might mean ripping up their welfare checks to get them motivated, but we will survive.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:42 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,505,462 times
Quote:

Discuss.
I will take my chances

Old 10-13-2007, 04:59 PM

348 posts, read 1,023,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
I will take my chances
me too! Lord knows it can't be any worse than the mess the illegals/govt have created already

Old 10-14-2007, 12:18 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,965,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
I agree with the other posters. If we hadn't allowed this to happen in the first place, California wouldn't BE in the position they are in. But, you know what? They'd SURVIVE the "loss".

Viva DEPORTACION.
Umm.. California belonged to Mexico? There were many Mexicans before the Americans stepped on this land. California was sub-divided by Spain and gave land grants to wealthy Spanish-Mexican people. ie. Alta California, first Governor was a Mexican of African Decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration