Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2006, 12:20 PM

753 posts, read 761,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I automatically dismiss people who argue the race card as intellectual failures Fox Terrier. The issue is about illegal migrants, not race, and the U.S. isn't exactly welcoming to illegal migrants who overstep their VISAs from Ireland and other countries either It's a tired argument made to bridge over a lack of intelligent rebuttal and silence the other party... And... you're right, no one buys it! Instead we look at the idiot who plays it and pity his or her lack of cranial resources.
Hi,

Slapping each other with rhetorical tarred brushes is tired. Most of the audience here, I'll dare to say, is smart enough to see the issue is about illegals, not race.

Do the right thing Mo & Fox, keep it civil.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:21 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,201,185 times
Default Visa Work Plan

Let’s don’t build a racism fence between each other but rather give inputs that quantify the question.

Are you familiar with the Work Visa program from the US Department of State? You can bring legally individuals from other country to work in the US. But my question is why we don’t go out and publicize this program and use it.

For those jobs that “WE” opted not to do, let’s bring legally people from other countries to satisfy that market. Will immigrants sign up for this type program? Yes, Will the influx of illegals be reduced? Yes.

E-mail your congressman and ask what he/she is doing about it.
Temporary Workers Overview
If you want to work in the U.S. temporarily, under immigration law, you need a specific visa, based on the type of work you will be doing. Most temporary worker categories require the approval of a petition by DHS, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before you can apply for your visa. Important Note: Prospective employers should file the petition(s) as soon as possible (but not more than 6 months before the proposed employment will begin) to provide adequate time for petition and subsequent visa processing. Should you need petition processing faster, see Premium Processing Service on USCIS website. To learn more, please see Temporary Workers on the USCIS website. Click on these links for specific information on the various types of temporary worker visas.

What is the fee for this service?

The fee for this service is $1,000. The Premium Processing Service fee may not be waived. In addition to the Premium Processing Service fee, all other filing fees relating to the specific form(s) for which you are requesting Premium Processing Service must also be submitted. The Premium Processing Service fee must be submitted in a separate check or money order. The petitioner, attorney or representative, or beneficiary may pay the $1,000 Premium Processing Service fee, but the beneficiary cannot sign or file the Form I-907. If e-filed, USCIS accepts credit card, debit card, or electronic transfer of funds from a checking or savings account from a U.S. bank.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1275.html

Old 10-23-2006, 04:57 PM

2,815 posts, read 13,006,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Hi,

Slapping each other with rhetorical tarred brushes is tired. Most of the audience here, I'll dare to say, is smart enough to see the issue is about illegals, not race.

If I read you correctly, you're stating that you find my comment not civil, though we appear to agree on the subject. If that is the case, I think you've taken it too far in your presumption and would ask you to step back from that assessment and reevaluate your comment.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:05 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,684,399 times
Quote:
Hi,

Huh? I thought me and MoMark were agreeing, not 'slapping' each other. Am I missing something?

Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 PM

2,815 posts, read 13,006,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Huh? I thought me and MoMark were agreeing, not 'slapping' each other. Am I missing something?
I thought so too Fox

Old 10-23-2006, 10:25 PM

311 posts, read 619,403 times
Quote:
Hi,

"Most of the audience here, I'll dare to say, is smart enough......" I must not be very smart, I don't understand why you are questioning the civility of Mo & Fox! Help me!!

Old 10-23-2006, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
If I read you correctly, you're stating that you find my comment not civil, though we appear to agree on the subject. If that is the case, I think you've taken it too far in your presumption and would ask you to step back from that assessment and reevaluate your comment.
"Slapping each other" wasn't directed at you two alone. The calling people idiots was. You lose credibility with name calling. I presume you post here because you want to read the thoughts of others and have others read your thoughts.

Personal opinion mode on: a person who calls names quickly stops being interesting. A poster who can write insightfully will always make me want to seek out his/her opinion, whether or not I agree.

Last edited by FistFightingHairdresser; 10-24-2006 at 12:23 AM..

Old 10-24-2006, 01:03 AM

908 posts, read 1,913,506 times
while we discuss the merits of a big fence on the border, two border patrolmen have been sentenced to ten years in jail because one of them shot an undocumented drug smuggler. WHAT the heck is going on in this country?

Old 10-24-2006, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
while we discuss the merits of a big fence on the border, two border patrolmen have been sentenced to ten years in jail because one of them shot an undocumented drug smuggler. WHAT the heck is going on in this country?
Hi,
Where did you read it? Where did it happen?

Old 10-24-2006, 02:23 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,209,001 times
For social security and medicare to work out over the long term, we need a constant influx of immigrants, both legal and illegal. No politician is going to stop immigration -- not Democrat or Republican.

You might as well get used to it or you can beat your head against a wall. Then again, if you beat your head hard enough, you might be one less person who needs medicare/social security. That might play into their plans too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration