Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2006, 02:37 AM

922 posts, read 1,911,649 times

Advertisements

i first heard it on fox channel, i then searched, border patrol sentenced to jail. different articles showed up. shot him in the butt. this case is an outrage, three jurors were presured to go along with quilty plea.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:27 AM

504 posts, read 1,765,798 times
I am aware that we will need to keep up our population to make sure we can keep the benefits of social security and medicare, but I think the majority of people would like to see this country being able to control who does come here, making sure a lot of them are educated and can contribute to the system and not be a burden on it. We have so many legal immigrants that have contributed so much, our doors should be open to more than we legally allow in now but because of the large influx of illegals we can't allow more people who deserve to get in. I believe in the next few years we will have a huge influx of Iraq's citizens. If Iran gets its way Israel will no longer exist and where are all the Israelies going to go? If managed right we will have enough to take of us old folks.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:15 AM

65 posts, read 258,446 times
Default Border patrol agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Hi,
Where did you read it? Where did it happen?
If you watch Low Dobbs CNN 6pm weeknights he follows this case closely. Also, Lou is the only commentator on TV that is looking out for the middle class. His viewership is now the largest on CNN.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:10 PM

922 posts, read 1,911,649 times
I admit i dont watch cnn, i hope they are doing a fair job on this story. the aclu will probably help the illegal drug smuggler sue the goverment for being shot. i cannot express my true anger on this, this has got to be reversed.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:03 PM

231 posts, read 509,347 times
First of all, we don`t know if this guy was an illegal immigrant or not. One of the lawyers referred to him as a "citizen", and at least according to El Paso Times, his immigration/citizenship status was never mentioned. He might be a good ole`American boy.

Anyway, the motto is "illegal is illegal" right? As law enforcement agents, you can`t shoot a person fleeing, you can`t cover-up and hide evidence, and you can`t make a false report, acting like you didn`t shoot someone when you did. People will say: but he`s a drug-dealer- well, they didn`t know that at the time of the shooting. They were actually convicted of messing with evidence, so, that kinda throws the drug accusation out the window, at least in a courtroom (I think, I`m no lawyer). Texas law is harsh- and those crimes carry a 10 year mandatory sentence. I don`t think it is fair, most people probably don`t- doesn`t seem fair at all- but there are a lot of other crimes/punishments that I don`t think are fair, so exceptions can`t really be made based on individual opinions. Illegal is illegal.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:59 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,184,620 times
Post Border Patrol agents sentenced to prison 11-12 years for shooting drug-smuggling

See article from WorldNetDaily

Two U.S. Border Patrol agents were sentenced to prison terms of 11 years and 12 years for shooting a drug-smuggling suspect in the buttocks as he fled across the U.S.-Mexico border.

U.S. District Court Judge Kathleen Cardone in El Paso, Texas, sentenced Jose Alonso Compean to 12 years in prison and Ignacio Ramos to 11 years and one day despite a plea by their attorney for a new trial after three jurors said they were coerced into voting guilty in the case, the Washington Times reported.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=52545

Old 10-24-2006, 03:06 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,688,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
See article from WorldNetDaily

Two U.S. Border Patrol agents were sentenced to prison terms of 11 years and 12 years for shooting a drug-smuggling suspect in the buttocks as he fled across the U.S.-Mexico border.

U.S. District Court Judge Kathleen Cardone in El Paso, Texas, sentenced Jose Alonso Compean to 12 years in prison and Ignacio Ramos to 11 years and one day despite a plea by their attorney for a new trial after three jurors said they were coerced into voting guilty in the case, the Washington Times reported.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=52545
How does a drug smuggling illegal qualify for civil rights in our country?

Old 10-24-2006, 03:42 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,670,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
i first heard it on fox channel, i then searched, border patrol sentenced to jail. different articles showed up. shot him in the butt. this case is an outrage, three jurors were presured to go along with quilty plea.
I also heard this drug smuggler was going to sue for $5M. Wow, who said crime doesn't pay?

Old 10-24-2006, 03:48 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,688,505 times
This whole thing is really messed up, dont really see how he can sue since our laws should'nt pertain to him since he is not a citizen of america.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:50 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,670,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo istmeño View Post
First of all, we don`t know if this guy was an illegal immigrant or not. One of the lawyers referred to him as a "citizen", and at least according to El Paso Times, his immigration/citizenship status was never mentioned. He might be a good ole`American boy.

Anyway, the motto is "illegal is illegal" right? As law enforcement agents, you can`t shoot a person fleeing, you can`t cover-up and hide evidence, and you can`t make a false report, acting like you didn`t shoot someone when you did. People will say: but he`s a drug-dealer- well, they didn`t know that at the time of the shooting. They were actually convicted of messing with evidence, so, that kinda throws the drug accusation out the window, at least in a courtroom (I think, I`m no lawyer). Texas law is harsh- and those crimes carry a 10 year mandatory sentence. I don`t think it is fair, most people probably don`t- doesn`t seem fair at all- but there are a lot of other crimes/punishments that I don`t think are fair, so exceptions can`t really be made based on individual opinions. Illegal is illegal.
Yes, the border patrol knew he had drugs. It was his second offense (that we know of, anyway). If he wasn't illegal why was he running for the border? If he was a stand-up guy, totally innocent why was he given 'immunity' from prosecution? Anyway it was the federal government who prosecuted the agents, not the state of Texas.
Bush and Texas, perfect together!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration