Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 12:37 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,606,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Actually, the reason we're seeing breakneck speed on the part of so many Republicans to reform the immigration "problem" is the vote. The Republicans are fearful that their party may become irrelevant/disregarded by a huge percentage of the electorate ... due to the views of extreme right-wing activists who've kidnapped their party. This is about the long term survival ... of the GOP. The Democratic Party benefits because the GOP is held in such low extreme by large segments of the electorate.
LOL your funny...
Republicans will never ever get any of these votes no matter what, this country has become a "give me give me give me free stuff" society thanks to the liberal left so these illegals just want some...plain and simple.
The last election was 62 mil to 59 mil so you facts are a bit off lol, it's all about free stuff!

As I have asked but still get no answer....What makes these illegals (mostly Mexican) so special and get special treatment?
We have laws and should be upheld.

As looking at your name tag I see were you allegiance stands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 12:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Actually, the reason we're seeing breakneck speed on the part of so many Republicans to reform the immigration "problem" is the vote. The Republicans are fearful that their party may become irrelevant/disregarded by a huge percentage of the electorate ... due to the views of extreme right-wing activists who've kidnapped their party. This is about the long term survival ... of the GOP. The Democratic Party benefits because the GOP is held in such low extreme by large segments of the electorate.
How can you possibly say that after hearing "path to citizenship" for 4.5 years from Obama ?
That was his 2008 platform..health insurance and path to citizenship.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:55 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,502,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How can you possibly say that after hearing "path to citizenship" for 4.5 years from Obama ?
That was his 2008 platform..health insurance and path to citizenship.
Learn to deal with the here and now. We're in 2013, not 2008 - and the proposal introduced into the Senate yesterday was the product of U.S. Senators. Take the time to review the 19 page outline or the 844 pages of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013. You'll learn a thing or two.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:01 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,502,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
LOL your funny...
Republicans will never ever get any of these votes no matter what, this country has become a "give me give me give me free stuff" society thanks to the liberal left so these illegals just want some...plain and simple.
The last election was 62 mil to 59 mil so you facts are a bit off lol, it's all about free stuff!

As I have asked but still get no answer....What makes these illegals (mostly Mexican) so special and get special treatment?
We have laws and should be upheld.

As looking at your name tag I see were you allegiance stands.
If the country is as bad as you say it is, you only have to look to when the largest influx of illegal aliens was to learn that it was on the watch of a GOP President who looked the other way. He was personally responsible for those millions, as well as for the 9/11 attacks on the USA. He was your guy.

You're right about the "free stuff" mentality. We see it everyday with Americans, and in particular American corporations. It's one of the national values demanded by everyone. Seniors. Students. 'Crackers' from the South.

Obviously, you haven't taken the time to read either the summary or the legislation introduced yesterday. So I don't expect you to intelligently discuss the topic. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself before asking what appear to be silly questons.

As for my screen name: you don't have a clue. But your response and the tag line under your name probably speaks volumes about who and what you are.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:03 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,606,008 times
Pal you don't have a clue to WTH your saying..

Probably the influx of illegals was due to a very good economy and the 9/11 comment speaks volumes to what's going on in your mind. As like the rest of your commrades you still didn't answer what makes these illegals so special but I guess you side never will.
You sound very angry,I feel bad for you.

Don't forget the tin-foil hat.

As for my tag line...the truth hurts.
This Obama economy will become know as the lost decade.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:48 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,017,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
So let me try and wrap my pea-brain around the illegal immigration problem....

So for as long as I can remember their has been a cap on people coming to this country "legally" from countries all around the world. Caps must be in place in order not to make this country look like some 3rd world sh*thole,since it seems no country with open borders ever survives or survives with crap living experience.
My problems with all this amnesty talk is....what gives "illegals AKA. Mexicans" (yes most illegals are from Mexico) 11-15 million of them special treatment over everyone else?
It makes no logical sense why this would be done...except more Democrat voters!

The biggest problem I have with this....no one peoples should have this much voting power so fast..none!

This country is supposably ruled by law but when it comes to "illegals" the law goes out the window and if thats the case then ever American should be able to break any law they feel like without any fear of arrest...only makes sense if we are allowing law breakers to roam free.

I try and follow the logic of the "illegal immigrant lovers" as I call them because they seem to like non-Americans more then they like their own country man....personally I find this disgusting and sickening.

Seal the border once and for all (army should be their--heck the Mexican army is on their southern border while they leave their north border open),anyone with a gun coming across the border should be shot!
Any illegal picked up by law enforcement should be instantely deported (if they have children they go with them---I mean heck if I was being kicked out of a country I would take my children with me..no?

Any business hiring illegals should be fined for everyone they employ.
Americans need jobs 1st and please don't give me the crap "Americans will not do those jobs..B.S.

Again what makes "these" illegals so above the law...remember no country survives without the rule of law!

Lastly look up Operation W*tback...done once can easily be done again.
It's not just dens that are proposing this amnesty. Rubio is the chief architect of this after all.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:25 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
It's not just dens that are proposing this amnesty. Rubio is the chief architect of this after all.
Rubio is chief architect? I don't think so. Either way I have no use for him anyway. Yes, it was a bi-partisan effort in the Senate but there are 6 Republicans in the House who are forming their own anti-amnesty committe.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:44 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,701,690 times
Money trumps law. Nuff said.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:10 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Money trumps law. Nuff said.
Not for most people. Nuff said.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,701,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not for most people. Nuff said.
Except for said businesses and politicians who will look the other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration