Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 12:23 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,958,453 times

Advertisements

1. It's not a crime, its a civil offense
2. It would be too hard to hunt down over 20 million people
3. It would be too expensive
4. It's just impractical

Solution:
1. Make them serve what ever jail time they are sentenced to (if any)
2. Make them pay a fine
3. Make them take a test on American law and English
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 12:42 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,684,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
1. It's not a crime, its a civil offense
2. It would be too hard to hunt down over 20 million people
3. It would be too expensive
4. It's just impractical

Solution:
1. Make them serve what ever jail time they are sentenced to (if any)
2. Make them pay a fine
3. Make them take a test on American law and English

Actually it would be fairly easy to hunt them down. We would just need to deputize a couple thousand citizens per city. They grab the illegal and keep what ever booty the illegal has as a fee and then deport him themselves.

But saying we can't deport 20 plus million is really not the point. We can get them to self deport by seizing their assets, and drying up the jobs.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:49 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,958,453 times
I wouldn't want to be deputized. If they were to deputize they would be deputizing my brown a$$ every day. I seriously don't want to change my last name. And if you wanted to seize their assets you would have to know who they are first.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:34 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,166,692 times
How bout if we put up signs all along the border.....

"Welcome to Guatamala"

They'd get confused n run the other way

Old 11-04-2007, 02:11 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
Quote:
I wouldn't want to be deputized. If they were to deputize they would be deputizing my brown a$$ every day. I seriously don't want to change my last name. And if you wanted to seize their assets you would have to know who they are first.
I catch your drift re: surnames------my birth name sounds 'Hispanic'.

And in all fairness; if 80+% of the illegal immigrants self deported, much of the hostility against the ones left would likely diminish-------if the latter was otherwise staying under the radar.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:08 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,542,203 times
Quote:
1. It's not a crime, its a civil offense.
You'd do well to learn the difference between civil and criminal law. After doing so, you should realize that crossing the border illegally is a criminal offense.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:09 PM

384 posts, read 1,133,651 times
Quote:
That guy is a complete moron. I guess he doesn't realize that multiculturalism built this country. It also makes no sense that he is a liberal and fights to keep social programs that the illegals take advantage of.

BULL****. Multiculturalism did not build this country, different ethnic groups yes, but not multiculturalism,

Chinese Americans call themselves Americans. German Americans call themselves Americans. Any other person with ethnic ties to other countries (99.9) calls themselves Americans. These illegal Mexicans who live in America, and even many legal Mexicans call themselves Mexicans, not Americans.

We now have a Spanish-Quebec running amock in America. This country has built itself around the culture and identity of AMERICA. We don't call it the Mexican-American dream, we call it the American dream. We don't predominantly speak two languages, we speak English.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:14 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,511,653 times
Quote:
I believe in closed borders. Just give amnesty to the current illegals.
Why give amnesty to people here illegally? I don't understand the logic of rewarding people that break the law while many other legal immigrants wait and wait. Why give their spot to a lawbreaker? I don't see the logic. I personally don't want someone that we already know breaks laws to become a US citizen. Too many of our forefathers fought to make the US a great country. Way diluate it with people that don't give a rats behind about the US and it's law abiding ways?

Old 11-04-2007, 03:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
BULL****. Multiculturalism did not build this country, different ethnic groups yes, but not multiculturalism,

Chinese Americans call themselves Americans. German Americans call themselves Americans. Any other person with ethnic ties to other countries (99.9) calls themselves Americans. These illegal Mexicans who live in America, and even many legal Mexicans call themselves Mexicans, not Americans.

We now have a Spanish-Quebec running amock in America. This country has built itself around the culture and identity of AMERICA. We don't call it the Mexican-American dream, we call it the American dream. We don't predominantly speak two languages, we speak English.
One significant difference: when the flow of illegals is staunched; as the children of the green card holders grow up, Spanish will fade out------unlike the 'real' Quebec' where the provincial government there does every (barely) legal thing in the book to try to enforce the use of French.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:10 PM

384 posts, read 1,133,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
One significant difference: when the flow of illegals is staunched; as the children of the green card holders grow up, Spanish will fade out------unlike the 'real' Quebec' where the provincial government there does every (barely) legal thing in the book to try to enforce the use of French.
How sure of this are you? I see Spanish culture GROWING in our country, not fading. I have seen Irish, Asian, Italian, etc culture throughout the country, celebrated on different holidays and in mini cities within cities. However, nothing compares to what we see now with the Mexican culture. There culture is competing with the American culture, and has been gaining pace. We may not be at the doorstep of a Spanish-Quebec right now, but it is a larger possibility in our future now than it was 20 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration