Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 04:58 PM

84 posts, read 181,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
We've been told for years illegals are needed because they do the work legal Americans won't do.

When all the illegals are suddenly legal, who's going to do all the work they presumably won't do anymore?

Here is what I think might happen. Ready? NOTHING!

But, for the sake of argument, I think what might happen is this. Once all the illegals become citizens of this country, they will start to integrate into the work force. They might undercut construction jobs and work for all the minimum wage jobs there is currently. Once corporate America starts to see this low skilled, low wage citizen, they will start to let go all the high wage workers and then hire the new low wage citizen workers to replace the people they just let go. Then it will be a race to the bottom and everybody will loose. Just for the sake of keeping living wage jobs from going away, I think these illegals should not be given citizenship over night. I think the path to citizenship should be a competition and force the best of the best to fight for the right to be an American citizen. Then they might appreciate our country a little better.

My $.02
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 05:07 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,433,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Hilarious! Americans have always done those jobs. Who do you think did them before illegal aliens arrived?
They used to to those jobs. According to my government, Americans quit doing those jobs, so we had to import millions of illegals.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:41 PM

63,062 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
They used to to those jobs. According to my government, Americans quit doing those jobs, so we had to import millions of illegals.
According to your government? You mean the USA government? Of course they want you to believe that so they can justify allowing millions of illegal aliens into our country to work for cheap and fatten their corporate masters's wallets. You really are gullible, aren't you?

If we really needed foreign workers to fill those jobs then why didn't they allow in legal immigrants to do them? There's your clue right there! You really are gullible, aren't you?

Old 06-29-2013, 03:16 AM

29,857 posts, read 24,978,977 times
I don't know how anyone can place any faith in our government anymore. It's as if they are doing everything possible to crush the American people beneath their heels. That whole "jobs Americans won't do" crap is just a way of rubbing it in.

Quote:
According to your government? You mean the USA government? Of course they want you to believe that so they can justify allowing millions of illegal aliens into our country to work for cheap and fatten their corporate masters's wallets. You really are gullible, aren't you?

If we really needed foreign workers to fill those jobs then why didn't they allow in legal immigrants to do them? There's your clue right there! You really are gullible, aren't you?
Sarcasm must be void in your neck of the woods.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I don't know how anyone can place any faith in our government anymore. It's as if they are doing everything possible to crush the American people beneath their heels. That whole "jobs Americans won't do" crap is just a way of rubbing it in.

Sarcasm must be void in your neck of the woods.
Absolutely. It's salt in the wound. Americans were doing those jobs since they climbed off the ship.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
And the pro-illegals are partly right -- there are many millions of unemployed Americans who really do not want to work for a living, a large and growing number of Americans living off government handouts who obviously are too lazy to work, but the problem is, it's not sustainable to just keep taxing the working Americans and providing a very comfortable life to so many millions who are content with never working and just keep bringing in millions of dirt cheap workers year after year. Not to mention the many illegals who are also not working for a living because all they need to do is start giving birth here and they too can get plenty of welfare handouts.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:26 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,213,731 times
I wonder how quickly the aliens will stop working for 10 bucks an hour when they know they must pay taxes on every penny just like we do.I guess a new batch of illegals will fill those jobs.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:

I'm hardly gullible. Liberals never lie.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I wonder how quickly the aliens will stop working for 10 bucks an hour when they know they must pay taxes on every penny just like we do.
They'll demand more, of course. If an illegal is worth $10, a real American is worth twice that. Assuming they'll still do the work Americans won't do once they become Americans.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:59 PM

63,062 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
I'm hardly gullible. Liberals never lie.
If your posts are meant to be sarcastic then why don't you use this symbol so I know you aren't being serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration