Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:22 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,423,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i cant. but if they have, why havent they attacked? they could easily take out a crowd at a mall, or a sporting event, or a busy downtown avenue.. why havent they?
have you noticed the trend with alot of the terrorist factions? They attack big. They dont go for the few casualties here in the US. they go for larger attacks.

from the governments mouth.
Federal Bureau of Investigation - Congressional Testimony (http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress01/freeh051001.htm - broken link)

"Formal terrorist organizations. The second category of international terrorist threat is made up of formal terrorist organizations. Typically, these autonomous, generally
transnational organizations have their own infrastructures, personnel, financial arrangements, and training facilities. These organizations are capable of planning and mounting terrorist campaigns on an international basis. A number of these organizations maintain operations and support networks in the United States. For example, extremist groups such as the Palestinian Hamas, the Irish Republican Army, the Egyptian Al-Gama Al-Islamiyya, and the Lebanese Hizballah have a presence in the United States whose members are primarily engaged in fund-raising, recruiting, and low-level intelligence gathering. In July 2000, an FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force investigation led to the arrests of 23 individuals alleged to be supporters of Hizballah in Charlotte, Concord, and Lexington, North Carolina. These individuals were charged with a variety of offenses, including providing material support to a foreign terrorist organization, immigration and visa fraud, bribery of government officials, and money laundering."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,978 posts, read 16,565,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i cant. but if they have, why havent they attacked? they could easily take out a crowd at a mall, or a sporting event, or a busy downtown avenue.. why havent they?
They want to do it when we "least expect it". At the moment, we EXPECT it...so they'll wait....

14,044 posts, read 27,238,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
Take a look at the link I had posted, it is not from FOX. it is a Washington post news story.
Nope, it was from the Washington Times, not the Washington Post. Whole different class as a newspaper, known in political circles as generally a linkage to the Fox reporting process:

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/dec/05121903.html

Old 11-26-2007, 10:25 PM

323 posts, read 742,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
they wont though. Do a search on you tube regarding Glenn Beck's interview with a congressman. Such a belittling offensive interview in terms of the congressman's word. Unfortunately I think it will take another attack to wake the people up to get the right people in office to change the way the country is going.
My husband and I were discussing this very thought tonight. It will take another attack to wake up Americans. Then it may/will be all out war right here. Very sad. I have heard locals around here talking the same way. Lets see how much bullet/gun sales go up. Is there anywhere to check that out. Besides a federal site.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Interesting excerpt from "The Raw Story" article referenced by GHOST:

The information on the terror smuggling came from a Drug Enforcement Agency informant who had been reliable in the past, although that informant apparently received his or her information from a "sub source" within a Mexican drug cartel whose credibility could not be verified.

The sub-source was affiliated with the Gulf Cartel, one of Mexico's most dangerous drug-trafficking organizations, according to the Times and is of "unknown reliability," according to the FBI. The source identified a rival cartel, the Sinaloa, as assisting the terrorist smuggling.

"This led the DEA to caution the FBI that its information may be a Gulf Cartel plant to bring the U.S. military in against its main rival," the Times noted in the penultimate paragraph of its article. "The Sinaloa and Gulf cartels have fought bloody battles along the border for control of shipping routes into the U.S."

These details were conveniently omitted from Monday's Fox report.
The fact that Fox News incorrectly reported details of the story does not mean that the original Washington Times article is not valid.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:30 PM

323 posts, read 742,540 times
From what I watched on TV this evening, there is proof. Not just on Glenn Beck.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:31 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,565,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker Fallen Angel View Post
My husband and I were discussing this very thought tonight. It will take another attack to wake up Americans. Then it may/will be all out war right here. Very sad. I have heard locals around here talking the same way. Lets see how much bullet/gun sales go up. Is there anywhere to check that out. Besides a federal site.
Several years before 9-11 I distinctly remember hearing of terrorists making plans to hit "big" targets, and even of passenger airplanes possibly being used as "missiles" by suicidal terrorists. Then 9-11 happened, in bright sunshine, right before our eyes, on TV. I remember at that time thinking THIS will "wake us up". It apparently didn't.
How big an attack do you and your husband think it will take to really "do the trick". Frankly, I'd have bet on 9-11. But I'd have lost that bet. Curious what your thoughts are...

Old 11-26-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The fact that Fox News incorrectly reported details of the story does not mean that the original Washington Times article is not valid.
According to the article referenced it could be intentional misinformation to bait an attack against a rival gang. Is this solid information, who knows? However, it calls the basic article into question, and provides plausible alternative motives, allowing for valid skepticism.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:34 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,423,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
and I have found links on CNN.com as well. which leads to an article on world net daily

WorldNetDaily: 'Arab terrorists' crossing border

"Arabs have been reported crossing the Arizona border for an unknown period. Border rancher George Morgan encounters thousands of illegals crossing his ranch on a well-used trail. He relates a holiday event: "It was Thanksgiving 1998, and I stepped outside my house and there were over a hundred 'crossers' in my yard. Damnedest bunch of illegals I ever saw. All of them were wearing black pants, white shirts and string ties. Maybe they were hoping to blend in," he chuckled. "They took off, I called the Border Patrol, and a while later, an agent, Dan Green, let me know that they had caught them. He said that they were all Iranians."

don't for one second think that Terrorist are not getting through that border, Its like believing that your car is not going to move when you put it in neutral on a hill. I wish for one day that I can live in the clouds as some people that post here do... I would not be as stressed.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:39 PM

Your WorldNetDaily article is from October 2001, not linked to your Washington Times story at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration