Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 10:03 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times

Advertisements

The stories on the Internet say that we "need" amnesty and it's the right thing to do. The thing is MOST replies to those stores are about 7 to 1 AGAINST any sort of amnesty. But the "MSM" just doesn't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 10:54 AM

471 posts, read 601,192 times
They don't care about what most people think. Only their corporate owners. Big business benefits from more cheap labor to exploit, thus the mantra "we need this!"

Of course we don't need this as we already have high unemployment, but lots of extra labor depresses wages, thus good for big business and that's why the MSM repeats this mantra.

It's also politically beneficial, so don't expect any help there. New voters are held in higher regard than existing.

Just the way a bank gives better deals to new customers than existing.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:48 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
Both political parties exploit and marginalize illegal immigrants, so you can bank on the fact that they will continue to do so if those illegals are granted amnesty.

Obama even has two illegal immigrant relatives living in this country, sucking up taxpayer dollars, so don't expect anything but a green light on converting illegals to legal.

The problem with the vast majority of illegals is they offer little in the way of skills, other than incredibly cheap, exploitable labor. That will benefit big business, but won't do much for the rest of us.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
The ironic thing --- they've managed to convince many people that many millions of illegals are needed to do the work that Americans are too lazy to do. And people fall for it even though millions of unemployed Americans insist they do want jobs.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:17 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Black people will suffer the most if amnesty is granted due to lost access to low-skill jobs. I'm surprised black advocacy groups have not been more vocal about this. I can only surmise that being against amnesty would be seen to be against Barack Obama, therefore there is silence.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:59 AM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Black people will suffer the most if amnesty is granted due to lost access to low-skill jobs. I'm surprised black advocacy groups have not been more vocal about this. I can only surmise that being against amnesty would be seen to be against Barack Obama, therefore there is silence.
Yes, that is very curious. I surmise that one of the reasons they have for supporting amnesty is about Obama and being Democrat but I also think it has to do with some desiring the dilution of the white race in this country as being a factor. You know....minorities unite. Unfortunately for them amnesty will end up being their demise.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:09 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You see this whole thing is just simply political. Blacks will mostly vote for the Democrats regardless how much they are being screwed. Actually, the more they are being screwed, the more they will vote for the Democrats for more hand-outs. They are on the perpetual downward spiral for a while now. Not so easy to get off.

There aren't many Black leaders who really think for the benefits of the Blacks - same can be said for all politicians of course.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:18 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Pro-amnesty people are foolish IMHO. Plain and simple.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, that is very curious. I surmise that one of the reasons they have for supporting amnesty is about Obama and being Democrat but I also think it has to do with some desiring the dilution of the white race in this country as being a factor. You know....minorities unite. Unfortunately for them amnesty will end up being their demise.
The skin color thing is the ONLY reason I can see ANY American Black person NOT wanting full on deportations since many illegal aliens DO look part "Black". IMHO if illegal aliens were mostly light skin; many more Blacks would favor NO kind of amnesty. Tho if it's Black illegal aliens from Africa; many American Blacks DON'T want them here at all maybe because of the real bad blood between Africans and them.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:41 AM

893 posts, read 1,208,035 times
It's called "vocal minority".

People who read the article and agree with it, generally just nod and move on to something else.

People who read the article and disagree with it, log in and leave a comment expressing their view, since it wasn't covered in the article.

It's the same with plenty of other things, like restaurant reviews. Most people who eat at restaurants and have good service and good food do not bother to go online and write a review (unless they REALLY liked it). Meanwhile, people who eat at restaurants and get a bad waiter or bad food will be much more likely to go online and complain about it. So if a restaurant has 6 reviews and all are negative, it doesn't necessarily mean the restaurant is bad - just that the only people who bothered to take time to tell people about it were the ones really upset with it (6 out of how many hundreds who have eaten there?)

This is why things like Yelp and FourSquare aren't that great, because people don't generally rate places that didn't stand out. Only the people with extreme experiences (really good or really bad) do. And it's why you mostly see disagreement in comments on articles, because the people who agree don't bother to add anything, what they are thinking was already said.

Last edited by JoulesMSU; 12-27-2013 at 08:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration