Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:30 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,382,713 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else think this is coming someday? The whole concept that you have to be a citizen to vote will be thrown out and basically anyone who is here will be able to vote.
Sound absurd? Maybe now, but 20 years from now I could see it happening.
People who used to be here illegally are now just "undocumented". So if illegals are not really illegal and can get in state tuition, can practice law and be a member of the bar , get drivers licenses it seems to me somewhere down the road the whole idea of being a legal citizen to be eligible to vote will be obsolete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 07:31 PM

62,999 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Does anyone else think this is coming someday? The whole concept that you have to be a citizen to vote will be thrown out and basically anyone who is here will be able to vote.
People who used to be here illegally are now just "undocumented". So if illegals are not really illegal and can get in state tuition, can practice law and be a member of the bar , get drivers licenses it seems to me somewhere down the road the whole idea of being a legal citizen to be eligible to vote will be obsolete.
I wouldn't doubt it at all as our country becomes more liberal and our politicians more corrupt seeking votes. Soon there will be no difference between a citizen and a foreigner in this country illegally. They will have the exact same rights as a citizen does. Glad I won't be alive to see it.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times
Quote:
IMHO things WILL switch back but they MIGHT go too far, tho. More and more people DON'T like Hispanics, even "white" ones. I'm still young enough to see that things could get real bad for decent people.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,010,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO things WILL switch back but they MIGHT go too far, tho. More and more people DON'T like Hispanics, even "white" ones. I'm still young enough to see that things could get real bad for decent people.
I don't see much evidence of people not liking Hispanics. In fact, there is much intermarriage between Anglos and Mexican-Americans in so Texas. There is a growing dislike for illegals among all stripes however.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:32 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,520 times
I don't see this happening, the next civil rights issue will be polygamy, if gay marriage is legal then what would be a valid argument against polygamy ?

Old 01-04-2014, 06:16 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,949,903 times
Quote:
Unless the Constitution is changed the change is not coming.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:19 AM

45,444 posts, read 60,653,733 times
Illegals, excuse me-undocumented guests, already have the right to vote in municipal elections in Takoma Park, MD. That's been on the books for 10 or 15 years.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:19 AM

62,999 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I don't see much evidence of people not liking Hispanics. In fact, there is much intermarriage between Anglos and Mexican-Americans in so Texas. There is a growing dislike for illegals among all stripes however.
Yes, and a growing dislike of their ethnocentric supporters.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:24 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I hope you're right on everything thing you said.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:58 AM

442 posts, read 801,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Illegals, excuse me-undocumented guests

Semi-citizens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration