Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 01:07 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,142,681 times

Advertisements

As a serious student of this subject, all the information I've received from Hispanic sources indicate that far more Mexicans who have lived in the USA have returned to Mexico as conditions are greatly improving there.

There are several areas with improved job prospects, not only in manual work such as field work, but in other areas requiring more skills. And, there are pockets where foreign investment has led to more work with increasing salaries and benefits.

A lot of Mexicans are also returning as they discover far less government interference in their lives than they encountered here.

This may not be the best of examples:

My wife and I went to shop at one of the WalMart super stores and encountered a Nicaraguan in the parking lot selling chicken and pork tamales out of the back of his car. He had no desire to get on the welfare rolls and spent 12 hours a day trying to make a living on his own. [the tamales were exceptionally good and we hope he's around for awhile]

What would he have to go through to open and operate a stand here? How many licenses and approvals?

He'll get away with it as long as some brick and mortar owner doesn't call the cops on him.

In Mexico, there are no similar restrictions for opening a food stand like that.

Safety?

Simple. If the food is no good or tainted, people will avoid it and they will quickly go out of business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 05:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,936,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
I don't have a link but latest reports indicate illegal immigration has reached a big zero from Mexico!

However, that doesn't mean the same holds true for other central and southern American countries.
I've heard that said too. Tho word is other Indian Hispanics try to say they're "Mexican" if picked up by the cops since being dropped off at Mexico ain't near as bad for them if they're trying to sneak back into the US than being flown to Salvador and so on.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:13 PM

63,097 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
I don't have a link but latest reports indicate illegal immigration has reached a big zero from Mexico!

However, that doesn't mean the same holds true for other central and southern American countries.
I doubt that many illegals whether they be from Mexico or elseswhere are leaving with Obama's promise of an amnesty. I don't have a link either but I read that more and more of them are coming to get in on this amnesty.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:09 PM

14,725 posts, read 14,704,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I doubt that many illegals whether they be from Mexico or elseswhere are leaving with Obama's promise of an amnesty. I don't have a link either but I read that more and more of them are coming to get in on this amnesty.
In other words, forget all the data and reports to the contrary, your gut instinct and unverifiable stuff you've read on the internet tells you otherwise. Seems to be a running theme on this forum.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:45 AM

63,097 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
In other words, forget all the data and reports to the contrary, your gut instinct and unverifiable stuff you've read on the internet tells you otherwise. Seems to be a running theme on this forum.
My gut instinct? I said that I read it awhile back. Why would that data be any less truthful than yours? If you don't like this forum or the views of its members I suggest you don't read them then.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,631,880 times
Quote:
The government has been telling us for over 10 years that there's only 11 million illegals.
Is there any other demographic group on the face of the earth that has not changed in over 10 years ?

We heard this same type of government chatter during the last amnesty.
Turned out the government "numbers" were woefully underreported as twice as many illegals got amnesty.

"Comprehensive immigration reform" was used in 1986.
The "estimated" 500,000 - 1 million illegals would be granted amnesty.
Border security would be strengthened.
Business that hired illegals would be dealt with harshly.

Nearly 3 million applied for amnesty
How secure was that border when we now have "11 million" living here according to the government.
Figure that 11 million (static for over 10 years now) is really 20-30 million.
And the harsh dealing to business ? Oh yes..they have to pay a fine.

History is repeating itself people.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
It will won't be long before Americans start sneaking into Mexico for a better life.
Not too likely because Mexico has immigration laws. I think they have a huge double standard also, they would deport Americans who don't abide by their rules.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
But where does the pro-open borders side get their "facts"? Are you going to tell us with a straight face that Obama has agents counting the illegals as they return to Mexico? Or are they standing at the border actually counting illegals as they enter this country?

Keep in mind that Obama claims he can't deport any illegals because they're living in the shadows and no one knows where or who they are, but then he can turn around and claim he managed to count them and there are less?

Old 01-28-2014, 04:42 PM

424 posts, read 469,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This is nonsense. since when has illegals turn down handouts? This is misinformation.
Illegal aliens filing for tax returns is setting records every year. Illegal aliens costing LA is setting records every year. If they were leaving at least the amounts should be leveling off not still going up.
This is a well known media strategy. It's designed try to get Americans to think there's no risk of a repeat of what happened when Ronald Reagan passed the last amnesty. That'll help lessen resistance to the amnesty that the media, for whatever reasons, is pushing for.

If you come to study the issue for any length of time you will start to notice this tactic.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:48 AM

Quote:
As a serious student of this subject, all the information I've received from Hispanic sources indicate that far more Mexicans who have lived in the USA have returned to Mexico as conditions are greatly improving there.

There are several areas with improved job prospects, not only in manual work such as field work, but in other areas requiring more skills. And, there are pockets where foreign investment has led to more work with increasing salaries and benefits.

A lot of Mexicans are also returning as they discover far less government interference in their lives than they encountered here.

This may not be the best of examples:

My wife and I went to shop at one of the WalMart super stores and encountered a Nicaraguan in the parking lot selling chicken and pork tamales out of the back of his car. He had no desire to get on the welfare rolls and spent 12 hours a day trying to make a living on his own. [the tamales were exceptionally good and we hope he's around for awhile]

What would he have to go through to open and operate a stand here? How many licenses and approvals?

He'll get away with it as long as some brick and mortar owner doesn't call the cops on him.

In Mexico, there are no similar restrictions for opening a food stand like that.

Safety?

Simple. If the food is no good or tainted, people will avoid it and they will quickly go out of business.
Illegals don't encounter much government interference in their lives in the USA.

You can see them outside stores here selling tamales, elotes, pirated CDs and DVDs and bathtub cheese. They're not expected to abide by the laws and taxes that citizens must. Nor are they required to have drivers licenses or liability insurance when they drive and there is no penalty for them if they present stolen social security numbers and other stolen identity documents.

In fact the politicians here want to reward them for coming here and breaking all kinds of laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration