Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,044 times

Advertisements

I live in Omaha, Ne , and we have the same problems with illegals- actually ,my neighborhood is about 70% 'spanish'. My kids (3 girls) were also removed from their public school for close to the same reasons - teaching in spanish , the fact that I picked my youngest up (from kintergaren) and seen a little boy sitting on the male teachers lap(yeah both mexican) and the look of "i just got busted" on the teachers face- well you can figure out how I felt..My wife goes to the grocery store, hears 'smart ass' punks talking about how they 'are taking over this country' , the store is full of radio lobo (a local spanish music channel) playing over the intercom- whats a white guy to do? I am looking to joining 'groups' of people that feel the same as I do. I just dont know where to start.. Iam so tired of being looked at (like a criminal) to these people , just because of my skin color - white. I dont downgrade anyone because of their color - and I EXPECT the same from them. I am NOT MOVING from MY neighborhood - I grew up right around the corner from where I live now. One time , leaving our apartment , my wife and I were surrounded on the steps by a 'group of mexicans' , chattering their lingo , staring at both of us..So I asked if there was a problem - more spanish chattering. She got into the car , I reached into the back and got my baseball bat and continued to try to 'talk' to them - but there was a language barrier. So , sh** hit the fan - 2 jumped me ,the rest scattered like roaches (about 8 all together). I made it out ok , few bruises, but they werent ok - some broken up faces and a broken leg. They never called the police (BECAUSE THEY CANT) , and I was expecting to go to jail that day, but all I recieved in the end was a broken car window( chicken sh** motherfu**ers stole my bat!), a few minor bruises , and some well deserved respect! I guess the point I am trying to make is -stand up for yourself and you will get the respect you deserve- if not , beat a lesson into their heads and you will! It may be easy to say for me because im 6'4" and 210lbs , but I believe that everyone has their own way to earn the deserved respect. I dont like to stoop to that level (violence), but I feel it was needed at that specific time - and it worked! I dont believe that we should be teaching spanish in the schools -my grandmother is an Italian- she had to learn English. My grandfather is German - he had to learn English. Why dont they have to learn English???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 09:37 AM

884 posts, read 1,034,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo01 View Post
I live in Omaha, Ne , and we have the same problems with illegals- actually ,my neighborhood is about 70% 'spanish'. My kids (3 girls) were also removed from their public school for close to the same reasons - teaching in spanish , the fact that I picked my youngest up (from kintergaren) and seen a little boy sitting on the male teachers lap(yeah both mexican) and the look of "i just got busted" on the teachers face- well you can figure out how I felt..My wife goes to the grocery store, hears 'smart ass' punks talking about how they 'are taking over this country' , the store is full of radio lobo (a local spanish music channel) playing over the intercom- whats a white guy to do? I am looking to joining 'groups' of people that feel the same as I do. I just dont know where to start.. Iam so tired of being looked at (like a criminal) to these people , just because of my skin color - white. I dont downgrade anyone because of their color - and I EXPECT the same from them. I am NOT MOVING from MY neighborhood - I grew up right around the corner from where I live now. One time , leaving our apartment , my wife and I were surrounded on the steps by a 'group of mexicans' , chattering their lingo , staring at both of us..So I asked if there was a problem - more spanish chattering. She got into the car , I reached into the back and got my baseball bat and continued to try to 'talk' to them - but there was a language barrier. So , sh** hit the fan - 2 jumped me ,the rest scattered like roaches (about 8 all together). I made it out ok , few bruises, but they werent ok - some broken up faces and a broken leg. They never called the police (BECAUSE THEY CANT) , and I was expecting to go to jail that day, but all I recieved in the end was a broken car window( chicken sh** motherfu**ers stole my bat!), a few minor bruises , and some well deserved respect! I guess the point I am trying to make is -stand up for yourself and you will get the respect you deserve- if not , beat a lesson into their heads and you will! It may be easy to say for me because im 6'4" and 210lbs , but I believe that everyone has their own way to earn the deserved respect. I dont like to stoop to that level (violence), but I feel it was needed at that specific time - and it worked! I dont believe that we should be teaching spanish in the schools -my grandmother is an Italian- she had to learn English. My grandfather is German - he had to learn English. Why dont they have to learn English???

There is an ongoing thread in the Omaha section regarding the blatant disrespect many Mexicans have for our country, culture and way of life as we know it.

I think the thread is labeled something about Traffic though, lol.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:42 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo01 View Post
I live in Omaha, Ne , and we have the same problems with illegals- actually ,my neighborhood is about 70% 'spanish'. My kids (3 girls) were also removed from their public school for close to the same reasons - teaching in spanish , the fact that I picked my youngest up (from kintergaren) and seen a little boy sitting on the male teachers lap(yeah both mexican) and the look of "i just got busted" on the teachers face- well you can figure out how I felt..My wife goes to the grocery store, hears 'smart ass' punks talking about how they 'are taking over this country' , the store is full of radio lobo (a local spanish music channel) playing over the intercom- whats a white guy to do?
Quote:
I am looking to joining 'groups' of people that feel the same as I do. I just dont know where to start..
Iam so tired of being looked at (like a criminal) to these people , just because of my skin color - white. I dont downgrade anyone because of their color - and I EXPECT the same from them. I am NOT MOVING from MY neighborhood - I grew up right around the corner from where I live now. One time , leaving our apartment , my wife and I were surrounded on the steps by a 'group of mexicans' , chattering their lingo , staring at both of us..So I asked if there was a problem - more spanish chattering. She got into the car , I reached into the back and got my baseball bat and continued to try to 'talk' to them - but there was a language barrier. So , sh** hit the fan - 2 jumped me ,the rest scattered like roaches (about 8 all together). I made it out ok , few bruises, but they werent ok - some broken up faces and a broken leg. They never called the police (BECAUSE THEY CANT) , and I was expecting to go to jail that day, but all I recieved in the end was a broken car window( chicken sh** motherfu**ers stole my bat!), a few minor bruises , and some well deserved respect! I guess the point I am trying to make is -stand up for yourself and you will get the respect you deserve- if not , beat a lesson into their heads and you will! It may be easy to say for me because im 6'4" and 210lbs , but I believe that everyone has their own way to earn the deserved respect. I dont like to stoop to that level (violence), but I feel it was needed at that specific time - and it worked! I dont believe that we should be teaching spanish in the schools -my grandmother is an Italian- she had to learn English. My grandfather is German - he had to learn English. Why dont they have to learn English???
There's a MCDC chapter in Omaha.

omaha@nebraskaminuteman.com

Join
https://secure.responseenterprises.c...tion.php?a=100

Old 12-19-2007, 02:32 PM

64 posts, read 152,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Moderator cut: Personal Attack.

I'm sorry but one of the first rules I learned when I studied rhetoric is that you cannot formulate an intelligent argument with dogma and nescience.

You obviously possess both, but don't let that bother you. Anyone who has the acumen that God gave a mothball will have no problem discerning which one of us is being truthful.

Good luck with your life.

It's patently clear you'll need it.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 12-19-2007, 02:51 PM

884 posts, read 1,034,162 times
Kele,
Did you escape from the nerdery again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration