Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:19 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Translated from "La Opinion" Here's your pro-illegal forum. Guess what? No rebuttal!

Translated version of http://www.laopinion.com/ciudad/?rkey=00000000000000443510

Article by Bridget Johnson who observed the protest from behind the illegal alien line.

Political Mavens » Protest crash: Maywood, sanctuary city for illegal immigrants

Michelle Malkin comments:

Michelle Malkin » Hoisting the Mexican flag at a US post office

Los Angeles radio show host John Ziegler reports on the Maywood incident.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/06-FEA...FI-Maywood.wma

Lou Dobbs Tonight reports on Maywood:

YouTube - Maywood Protest on Lou Dobbs
Nothing in those articles mentioned the people who put the flag up were illegally in the U.S.

Quote:
Those who support the open policies towards immigrants Maywood described the protest of the anti-immigrant group as a provocation.

[LEFT]"Se atreven a venir aquí a Maywood que es un santuario, donde el alcalde se declaró contra las leyes racistas, y vienen a decirnos que no debemos estar aquí", dijo María Sauza, residente de Los Ángeles.[/LEFT] "They dare to come here to Maywood which is a shrine, where the mayor declared against racist laws, and they tell us that we should not be here," said Maria Sauza, a resident of Los Angeles. [LEFT]"Creen que pueden decirle a la gente que son ilegales, cuando es un derecho de humanos buscar una vida mejor", agregó.[/LEFT] "They believe that they can tell the people who are illegal, when it is a human right to seek a better life," he added. While the demonstrators on the side of the minutemen watched from the other side of the barrier, several people izaron a Mexican flag on the pole of the post office, causing shouts and applause on the side of immigrants and curses by their opponents, ondeaban American flags.
Quote:
Here’s the scene: SOS is peeved about Maywood’s flouting of federal immigration law, claiming they are a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants and even disbanding their police department’s traffic unit so that illegals without driver’s licenses won’t be fearful of getting their cars towed. Several dozen show up to protest this policy. Lefty groups spread the word and a few hundred show up to counterprotest. I hung out with the counterprotesters, who actually had an unfair advantage in the police barricade setup as they were right next to a mariscos joint.
Not to spoil my upcoming column on this protest, but let’s just say it was an afternoon chock full of racism, reconquista (like the “Stolen Continent” sign featuring two continents? props to the LAUSD, eh?) and riot cops. And after the local post office took down the American flag at closing time, pro-immigration demonstrators promptly ran the Mexican flag up the flagpole. Eventually, police officers surrounded the flagpole and tried to get the Mexican flag down, but the cords got twisted and they could only lower it to half-staff

From malkin
Quote:

There’s video of the Mexican flag stunt in Maywood
here (starts at around 3:05). And this video gives a flavor of the confrontation. Note the lovely language and hand gestures of the pro-illegal reconquista crowd, who taunt the pro-law enforcement demonstrators as “illegal blue eyed devils” and “motherf**kers.” But don’t worry, we’re told. This is just “fringe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 10:22 PM

Maybe i'm missing something about them being "illegals"?

Old 01-07-2008, 10:24 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Nothing in those atricles mentioned the people who put the flag up were illegally in the U.S.
Neither do they say that they were not.

Ever been to Maywood? Well, I worked there for over a year.

On any given day, chances are really good to begin with that whomever put the flag up was illegal, considering that 50% of the population consists of illegal immigrants. Already the probability is 1 in 2. At an anti-illegal immigration/sanctuary city protest, the probability goes way up.

I love the way that those of you who have never been in the situation automatically think you know what it's all about.

BTW--great editing on Bridget's piece, the woman who was behind counter protest lines who wrote that the only racism evident the entire afternoon came from the counter protesters.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Neither do they say that they were not.

Ever been to Maywood? Well, I worked there for over a year.

Chances are really good to begin with that whomever put the flag up was illegal, considering that 50% of the population consists of illegal immigrants. Already the probability is 1 in 2. At an anti-illegal immigration/sanctuary city protest, the probability goes way up.

I love the way that those of you who have never been in the situation automatically think you know what it's all about.
I love the way people just assume things. No facts to back up ridiculous claims. The title of the thread is very misleading and the mods should close it because there is nothing that shows they were illegal mexicans.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:30 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,855 times
Thanks for the links. Do you remember in this thread when you stated:

Quote:
I was in Maywood, CA during the incident in question in which the flag of the United States of America was forcibly removed from the United States Post Office and thrown to the ground by illegal aliens and their supporters during a protest. It was then replaced with the Mexican flag while "This is Mexico" was chanted in the background as the Maywood Police Department looked on helplessly.
Well in the link below that you provided, she rebuts your version of the events. Does that mean your original statement was completely false or is the link you’re providing as support is false?

Remember, this is your link and it doesn’t support your statements.

Quote:
Article by Bridget Johnson who observed the protest from behind the illegal alien line.

Political Mavens » Protest crash: Maywood, sanctuary city for illegal immigrants
Per Bridget Johnson’s own statement while “behind the lines”, she states: “And after the local post office took down the American flag at closing time, pro-immigration demonstrators promptly ran the Mexican flag up the flagpole”

Last edited by madicarus2000; 01-07-2008 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: formatting

Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post

Well in the link below that you provided, she rebuts your version of the events. Does that mean your original statement was completely false or is the link you’re providing as support is false?

Per Bridget Johnson’s own statement while “behind the lines”, she states: “And after the local post office took down the American flag at closing time, pro-immigration demonstrators promptly ran the Mexican flag up the flagpole”
Check mate. Wanna see how they they get out of this one.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Check mate. Wanna see how they they get out of this one.
Other people, two police officers, also stated that the counter demonstrators took down the flag--two separate views from behind the lines....hmmm, wonder if Bridget was wrong about who removed the flag or the police were wrong. A couple of others who witnessed the removal also stated that it was removed by counter protesters. Gee, Bridget couldn't have been standing too close to the Mariscos Restaurant on the other side of the street to actually see who removed the flag now could she?

Guess we'll never know, will we?

Personally, I don't care who removed it. I do care that a Mexican flag was raised by foreign nationals on sovereign U.S. soil though, and I'm pretty sure that most folks who are angry about this situation feel the same way.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post

You do not run the Mexican flag up the flagpole outside a US Post Office. I don't give a damn who you are. There is nothing to discuss.
This is yet another of the spectacular PR moves they continue to make.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Other people, two police officers, also stated that the counter demonstrators took down the flag--two separate views from behind the lines....hmmm, wonder if Bridget was wrong about who removed the flag or the police were wrong.

Guess we'll never know, will we?

Personally, I don't care who removed it. I do care that a Mexican flag was raised by foreign nationals on sovereign U.S. soil though, and I'm pretty sure that most folks who are angry about this situation feel the same way.
You were adamant about your version being fact. Guess Bridget is a liar.At least she has more credibility than the unknown "policemen".

Old 01-07-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
You were adamant about your version being fact. Guess Bridget is a liar.At least she has more credibility than the unknown "policemen".
Yep, you find her so credible, you felt it necessary to *edit* her article in order to avoid spelling out where the real racism came from that day.

You, along with a few others who don't even deserve to have their names mentioned, absolutely crack me up. Unable to prove my version of events at Maywood false, you hop on any little ol' thing you can and worry it to death like a pitbull with a chew toy. Poor little puppies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration