Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:31 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,047,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Who on here believes that it's only costing each American 3 cents a day in healthcare for all the millions of illegals in OUR country...
THAT'S WAY TOO FUNNY!
Do the math, 1 billion against the revenue earned by taxes from the average American works out to .03 cents a day or 11 dollars a year.

You pay that 11 dollars because of policies enacted by our own government.

If you supported those policy makers, you don't have much to complain about, unless you want to start complaining about falling for their game they played on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 06:50 PM

608 posts, read 1,004,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Do the math, 1 billion against the revenue earned by taxes from the average American works out to .03 cents a day or 11 dollars a year.

You pay that 11 dollars because of policies enacted by our own government.

If you supported those policy makers, you don't have much to complain about, unless you want to start complaining about falling for their game they played on you.
OMG reason! Makes total sense to me!!!! To all of those on here who are not registered to vote or not planning to vote this year shame on you!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:11 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,865 times
There are few newspapers that sing the praises of illegal aliens louder than the WSJ. They are rabidly pro-amnesty and speak glowingly of the 'economic vibrancy' that illegal aliens lend to an area. That is why this article is so surprising, even they are forced to admit that illegals are a drain on the US healthcare system. Frankly, I am shocked that this article ever made it to print- somebody must have dangled Editor in Chief Paul Gigot out of a 12th story window by his feet until he agreed to run it.

Quote:
:
The rise in the number of uninsured people (up from 42 million in 2002) is not due to a sudden moral failure of the country or a broken health system. Instead, a major cause is immigration and cultural differences that make recent arrivals especially likely to be uninsured.

Immigration over the past seven years has been the largest for any seven-year period in American history. Over 10 million immigrants entered the country, more than half of them illegally, according to a report by the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, D.C. Nearly 75% of the increase in the number of uninsured people since 1990 consists of newcomers and their U.S. born children, according to the study.

In the most recent Census report, the lion's share of the increase in the uninsured occurred in five border states: Arizona, California, Florida, New Mexico and Texas. In San Francisco, public health authorities estimate that 61% of the city's uninsured are not citizens.

Despite national findings about who is in the emergency room, uninsured immigrants and their children are putting stress on emergency rooms in the border states. Newly arrived immigrants without coverage are less apt to use the emergency room than U.S. citizens, according to a Rand study published two years ago by Health Affairs. However, the sheer number of Hispanic newcomers who seek care and are unable to pay is overwhelming many hospitals.

Not only are newcomers from Central and South America uninsured when they enter the U.S., but a cultural unfamiliarity with health insurance means that many continue to go without coverage even when they can afford to buy it. One third of all people who identify themselves as Hispanic on the 2006 Census are uninsured, including Hispanics with high incomes.
The Truth About Mandatory Health Insurance - WSJ.com

Old 01-10-2008, 08:38 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,650,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
OMG reason! Makes total sense to me!!!! To all of those on here who are not registered to vote or not planning to vote this year shame on you!

You are kidding. Those of you who voted all your lives. How many times have you been let down, double crossed, lied to, made a fool of ? Dont you ever learn?

By not voting at least you are not contributing to the downfall of America and the upjump of the politicos who lie steal and cheat us.....all legally.

Good for you for casting your oh so important vote. But just like all those you voted for in the past, how long before you are calling him a bum too. Yep, they screwed you. And you will just fall for it again and again and again.

Shame.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:51 PM

751 posts, read 1,178,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
There are few newspapers that sing the praises of illegal aliens louder than the WSJ. They are rabidly pro-amnesty and speak glowingly of the 'economic vibrancy' that illegal aliens lend to an area. That is why this article is so surprising, even they are forced to admit that illegals are a drain on the US healthcare system. Frankly, I am shocked that this article ever made it to print- somebody must have dangled Editor in Chief Paul Gigot out of a 12th story window by his feet until he agreed to run it.
I subscribe to the Wall Street Journal and it is by far the best newspaper in this country. The reason why the WSJ is "pro-immigration" is because they know that the net fiscal impact of immigration in the long-run is positive. Even the Federal Reserve has a favorable view on immigration and they are the ones that craft both fiscal and economic policy in this country. I have a degree in Economics and I have never read any economical report that points to immigration being bad for the economy. Actually, it is proven that immigration(legal or illegal) boosts the GDP. Also, immigration is the only alternative that may remedy the upcoming labor shortage due to the increased number of baby boomers retiring. The Wall Street Journal is by far the most sophisticated newspaper in this country.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:59 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I subscribe to the Wall Street Journal and it is by far the best newspaper in this country. The reason why the WSJ is "pro-immigration" is because they know that the net fiscal impact of immigration in the long-run is positive. Even the Federal Reserve has a favorable view on immigration and they are the ones that craft both fiscal and economic policy in this country. I have a degree in Economics and I have never read any economical report that points to immigration being bad for the economy. Actually, it is proven that immigration(legal or illegal) boosts the GDP. Also, immigration is the only alternative that may remedy the upcoming labor shortage due to the increased number of baby boomers retiring. The Wall Street Journal is by far the most sophisticated newspaper in this country.
Once again .. mixing of words .. bla bla bla bla.
Immigration... LEGAL IMMIGRATION... is way, WAY different than.. ILLEGAL. They may support LEGAL immigration. But where do they say they support the millions of illegals who sneak across our border!

Old 01-11-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You are kidding. Those of you who voted all your lives. How many times have you been let down, double crossed, lied to, made a fool of ? Dont you ever learn?

By not voting at least you are not contributing to the downfall of America and the upjump of the politicos who lie steal and cheat us.....all legally.

Good for you for casting your oh so important vote. But just like all those you voted for in the past, how long before you are calling him a bum too. Yep, they screwed you. And you will just fall for it again and again and again.

Shame.
Well that is our system. If you don't think your vote is important then maybe you shouldn't be in our great democratic country. Oh and by they way don't post your opinion about immigration or others because according to your logic it wont be heard.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:33 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Well that is our system. If you don't think your vote is important then maybe you shouldn't be in our great democratic country. Oh and by they way don't post your opinion about immigration or others because according to your logic it wont be heard.
Thats why I write in my choice if needed. I am not going to vote the lessor of two evils because either way the choice is still evil, to me that is real lame and weak.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Once again .. mixing of words .. bla bla bla bla.
Immigration... LEGAL IMMIGRATION... is way, WAY different than.. ILLEGAL. They may support LEGAL immigration. But where do they say they support the millions of illegals who sneak across our border!
Well until we have a way to control immigration legal or not what do you propose? I continuously ask you for ideas and thoughts on ways to remedy this but you continuously spew off illegal illegal illegal. Do you think for yourself or do you just "believe" what you see in the papers and on the Tube clips you post. If you like posting articles and videos so much why don't you post those that have ideas on how to solve the very issue this forum was set up for?

Old 01-11-2008, 06:45 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,239 times
6 million is even too low.

One hospital in San Diego itself claims that they lose 3 million alone last year and he gave the reason right on national TV as the illegal non american citizens have drained us and continue to drain us, we cannot last much longer. He showed a shot of his ER with the scumbags laying in the sidewalks waiting to get taken care of for a common cold.
He was asked if anyone who needed services failed to get it, he said on several occasions people have died because we couldnt get to them, he was asked if there were any American citizens that have died because of this. He said yes, unfortunetly we have lost several American citizens because we cannot handle all the cases.

DEPORT THEM !! They are disease ridden and need to be taken into custody at all hospitals, jailed, forehead stamped and deported.
Round them all up like cattle, heard them into a semi truck and say see ya !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration