Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 06:48 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,682,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Well that is our system. If you don't think your vote is important then maybe you shouldn't be in our great democratic country. Oh and by they way don't post your opinion about immigration or others because according to your logic it wont be heard.
And since when has your vote or your useless opinion counted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 06:56 PM

608 posts, read 1,005,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
And since when has your vote or your useless opinion counted?
And I thought I was the cynic. I still believe in our democratic system and prefer it to the alternatives. Besides every opinion is just that plain and simple. Hope you are ready and registered to vote!!! If not oh well... complain, whine and moan.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
And I thought I was the cynic. I still believe in our democratic system and prefer it to the alternatives. Besides every opinion is just that plain and simple. Hope you are ready and registered to vote!!! If not oh well... complain, whine and moan.
Actually I will be all ears listening to YOU moan and complain. You see you already have your hero picked out. You believed all the trash he/she spoke in all those phony staged speeches. It does not matter if they spoke lies, lies or more lies. If they said what you wanna here then by golly you are going to vote for them.

Yet within ohhhhh say a few months or maybe even a year you will start calling your now ex-hero a bum and all the other things we all call the current brutal Dictator "The Decider".

Then I start laughing and pointing calling those like you a fool that fell for all that hogwash yet one more time. Why did you not learn the first 30-40 times you voted and were let down again and again?

Even the old mouse learned the his way through the maze in just one shot through trial, error and practice to get to that cheese.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Actually I will be all ears listening to YOU moan and complain. You see you already have your hero picked out. You believed all the trash he/she spoke in all those phony staged speeches. It does not matter if they spoke lies, lies or more lies. If they said what you wanna here then by golly you are going to vote for them.

Yet within ohhhhh say a few months or maybe even a year you will start calling your now ex-hero a bum and all the other things we all call the current brutal Dictator "The Decider".

Then I start laughing and pointing calling those like you a fool that fell for all that hogwash yet one more time. Why did you not learn the first 30-40 times you voted and were let down again and again?

Even the old mouse learned the his way through the maze in just one shot through trial, error and practice to get to that cheese.
First of all I have not made a decision as to who my hero is. Besides, I am a cynic and don't have heros and like you am very suspect of all politicians. But I still do my part. If someone gets into office that I disagree with (and many have) I still stleep well at night knowing that I did my part in our great political system and DO have the right to complain based on outcome.

You have no right to complain either way if you don't vote. Maybe you should be considered illegal! Why are you even in this country? It makes no sense to me. If you don't vote you don't have a right to have an opinion on any political issue.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:00 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,325 times
Quote:
First of all I have not made a decision as to who my hero is. Besides, I am a cynic and don't have heros and like you am very suspect of all politicians. But I still do my part. If someone gets into office that I disagree with (and many have) I still stleep well at night knowing that I did my part in our great political system and DO have the right to complain based on outcome.

You have no right to complain either way if you don't vote. Maybe you should be considered illegal! Why are you even in this country? It makes no sense to me. If you don't vote you don't have a right to have an opinion on any political issue.
Says who? I know of nothing that precludes an American citizen who chooses not to vote from having an opinion. On what basis is this statement made?

Old 01-12-2008, 10:03 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,344,677 times
All politicians have an agenda.. you just have to decide which one, if any.. works for you..

Old 01-12-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
All politicians have an agenda.. you just have to decide which one, if any.. works for you..
That is one way of putting it but thank you Arizonabear. I think I made my point no point Andreabeth... just vote or don't complain.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:12 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,325 times
Quote:
That is one way of putting it but thank you Arizonabear. I think I made my point no point Andreabeth... just vote or don't complain.
Sorry, dear. You don't tell me what to do.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:

You quite obviously have no clue. It ain't worth arguing with some one as uneducated and very very brainwashed as yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration