Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 10:18 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,139,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
What's your point?
I don't know man, your talking about the "native language" of the U.S.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:27 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,598,040 times
United States - established 1776

Mexico - established 1821

Southwestern U.S. - established 1848

It doesn't matter what language was spoken on this soil prior to 1848, the language of this nation is ENGLISH. I understand that you love the Spanish language, and I don't have a problem with that. The problem arises when you try to force or justify the Spanish language in THIS nation.

And BTW, have you noticed that the root word of 'Spanish' is SPAIN, a EUROPEAN country?

Old 04-14-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
United States - established 1776

Mexico - established 1821

Southwestern U.S. - established 1848

It doesn't matter what language was spoken on this soil prior to 1848, the language of this nation is ENGLISH. I understand that you love the Spanish language, and I don't have a problem with that. The problem arises when you try to force or justify the Spanish language in THIS nation.

And BTW, have you noticed that the root word of 'Spanish' is SPAIN, a EUROPEAN country?
We're talking about nativity here, as you pointed out. Spanish was spoken before the U.S became the U.S and Mexico became Mexico. It was New Spain! Who's trying to force it upon people?!? I don't understand!!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 11:32 PM

Understand this, if everything else exceeds your powers of comprehension. This is the United States of America. Whatever was here before is past. Whatever may be here later is future. TODAY this is the USA, and we speak ENGLISH here. Not Spanish, not German, not French, not Nahuatl. E-N-G-L-I-S-H. That's the language our Constitution was written in, it's the language we use in front of the Supreme Court, it is the de facto national tongue.

IMHO, people who advocate for ANY other language are advocating AGAINST the one thing that has best held this nation together for the last 230 years. Those people need to THINK about what they're doing, and cogitate on the consequences of marginalizing the single LARGEST thing that has held us together THIS long.

Those people can KMA.

Last edited by GuyPinestra; 04-14-2008 at 11:41 PM..

Old 04-14-2008, 11:39 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,309,125 times
Quote:
Those people can KMA.
Ok Guy - time to chill out -

Old 04-14-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Ok Guy - time to chill out -
What??? Is there something wrong with 'Keep Moving Amigo'????

Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 PM

493 posts, read 638,887 times
Quote:
Understand this, if everything else exceeds your powers of comprehension. This is the United States of America. Whatever was here before is past. Whatever may be here later is future. TODAY this is the USA, and we speak ENGLISH here. Not Spanish, not German, not French, not Nahuatl. E-N-G-L-I-S-H. That's the language our Constitution was written in, it's the language we use in front of the Supreme Court, it is the de facto national tongue.

IMHO, people who advocate for ANY other language are advocating AGAINST the one thing that has best held this nation together for the last 230 years. Those people need to THINK about what they're doing, and cogitate on the consequences of marginalizing the single LARGEST thing that has held us together THIS long.

Those people can KMA.
Bro, Chill...the revolution is coming...the revolution will not be won by crying but fighting and being a warrior for your cause.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:48 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,097,042 times
Quote:

Those people can KMA.
The world changes (that is not a bad thing) it is not the same as even our grandparents, look how far we have come in many area's. We would not even be discussing this on a forum if it were not for computers and Internet.
No one is asking you to give up english, but if you do not keep up with what is going on around you, you will be left in the dust. It is like someone that hates computers and insists on only using a typwriter, soon there will no longer be any typewriters. I think change is good, but that is my opinion.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
The world changes (that is not a bad thing) it is not the same as even our grandparents, look how far we have come in many area's. We would not even be discussing this on a forum if it were not for computers and Internet.
No one is asking you to give up english, but if you do not keep up with what is going on around you, you will be left in the dust. It is like someone that hates computers and insists on only using a typwriter, soon there will no longer be any typewriters. I think change is good, but that is my opinion.
Change has gotten us where we are. And I think it's safe to say this is the longest immigration thread we've ever had.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:56 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,710,671 times
Learn english and obtain legal citizenship. Thats all I ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration