Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:52 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,093,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LOL, start looking for an excuse because McCain is going to win Arizona.

Check these presidential polls out.

Arizona Primary 2008 Polls 2008 Primary Presidential Election Polls

Mcain is winning every single poll except one where he trails guiliani by 2 points. With his win in NH, SC and possibly florida, guess what?
Sorry Blacknight04, your polls are from Nov. 14, 2008 and previous to that. Things change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
Immigration is the new abortion and gay rights. It is a non-issue in a country with much more important issues to resolve: a war and all of the spending that goes with it, a corrupt political system,health care,poverty, failing schools, crumbling infrastructure, and the economy. It's a lot easier for politicians to talk about immigration or gay marrriage or abortion. I am so sick of it. Billions of dollars in Iraq and now it is becoming accepted. When will the madness end????
Oh my, do you not realize that illegal immigration have much to do with the economy and all your issues listed except for the war...

Old 01-22-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
That 6 Billion is going mainly towards education and I have heard those numbers often include anchor-babies which are legal, even if there parents are not. Does that 6 also include the 1.5-2 Billion offset by illegals that do pay taxes?

Anyways, immigration pales in comparison to the war(s), healthcare and the economy. There is no way 3 million illegals in California are ruining it for the 35 million that live there and that goes for the rest of the states too. Good thing the majority of Americans are seeing that, the proof is in the polls.

Once McCain wins in AZ the attempted illegal scapegoat, will have failed.
It was over 4 million illegals in L.A. alone, has that changed now? There are Hispanics here in L.A. but see very few white or blacks for several years. It's like Mexico here. Several cities that still have more whites are Palm Springs, Beverly Hills, Hollywood somewhat, Malibu, Orange County somewhat. Over 60 hospitals have closed in CA over the past several years due to illegals.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:54 AM

309 posts, read 367,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
The politicians do not talk amnesty.. they'll lose votes
They may want to give amnesty, but that's not why people vote for them..it's the other promises of jobs, lower taxes, boost the economy is what people are hearing... you don't hear them speak of giving amnesty.. Elect me and I will give amnesty to the illegals! When have you ever heard ANY one of the politicians state that.. NONE!

Ilegal-immigration is a very touchy subject for them.. you may hear immigration reform.. but you DONT hear any of them saying ILLEGAL immigration reform.. big difference!
This is so true too, IMO.

These candidates.....ALL know just how "touchy" a subject this is...in regard to ILLEGAL immigration and are far more interested in GETTING votes right now!
Hillary and several others.....MOST all of 'em truly don't wish to get too involved with illegal immigration for fear of appearing racist and potentially losing a lot of the Latino votes.....especially in the South-SW states.

They are going to say whatever they CAN to "try" and please as many voters as possible......but NO matter WHAT they may promise, once they win.....and WHOEVER that will be next in the White House......will NOT accomplish anything they may promise 'cause now....they're IN!
SOS......different election year!

Bottom line is.......ILLEGALS number at least, what? 20 MILLION?
And yes, they ARE a major drain on our system......but TOO FAR INGRAINED NOW....in the fabric of America and in numbers so large.......NO politician knows HOW or truly WANTS to take the obvious and "radical" stance of trying to round up and deport so many people!

Amnesty......is a joke but likely, the only option they feel will "suffice" and hopefully appease those who ARE so angry about the whole thing!
They sure as Hell.......DON'T WANT to talk about THIS right now.....but you just KNOW.......it's what would likely happen at any attempt to "reform" illegal immigration at this point!

Throw in the sheer influences upon American society from an ever larger population of Latino's........MANY of which ARE surely the largest percentage of ILLEGAL immigrants..........and you now may see that it is almost a dead issue.....too far gone to fix!

The media.....TRIES to avoid spending too much time on any real debate or discussion on this subject....as it KNOWS there would "appear" to be a correlation between looking tough on illegal immigration.......and pure racism. NO safe harbor for 'em.......and already....far too influenced and decidedly a much smarter bet to stay as PC as possible!

Oh......and DON'T forget.......it WAS Bill CLINTON that really helped fuel the influx of far more ILLEGALS into America.........once he approved NAFTA!
Bush SR. was pre-occupied too....with Desert Storm and the American people basically, turned a "blind eye" to it.
AND.....Reagan was too busy with "Reaganomics, big govt., massive military/defense spending and a major upgrade in the "War on Drugs."
ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION......."quietly" went on yes, but NAFTA........really sped up the process!
And HOW LONG have soooo many EMPLOYERS here in America....knowingly.....EMPLOYED an illegal?!
Yeah....it's too far gone.
So, IMHO.......if you're angry that you are feelin' the NEED to either speak Spanish or ACCEPT what is now......EVERYWHERE in America and practically forced down your throat, or your kids' in school?
Your REALLY fed up with it?
Guess what?
DON'T put another Clinton into the White House, or it won't be long before YOU WILL........need to "Press # 2 for English"......instead of #1.

Last edited by Skytripper; 01-22-2008 at 02:11 AM..

Old 01-22-2008, 06:32 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,769,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Sorry Blacknight04, your polls are from Nov. 14, 2008 and previous to that. Things change.
Got any new polls ? If not then i stand by my polls.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:40 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,836,696 times
I predict McCain will win all the border states and that will out this issue to bed for good.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:44 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,235,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I predict McCain will win all the border states and that will out this issue to bed for good.
McCain is not popular here in Arizona; trust me.

As for the actual illegals themselves; they are terrified------hence much less Mariachi music blasting from their vehicles, the pickups with the names of Mexican states spelled out on their rear windows, schools reporting far fewer Mestizo students, etc.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
McCain is not popular here in Arizona; trust me.

As for the actual illegals themselves; they are terrified------hence much less Mariachi music blasting from their vehicles, the pickups with the names of Mexican states spelled out on their rear windows, schools reporting far fewer Mestizo students, etc.
Got anything to back that up?

Old 01-22-2008, 06:52 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,235,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Got anything to back that up?
Word on the street; I live here, do you??

Old 01-22-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Word on the street; I live here, do you??
LOL, i didn't know your views represented all of arizonians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration