Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:25 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LOL, i didn't know your views represented all of arizonians.
As if your views represent those of all Americans?

I think not.

Again; you obviously do not live here so your pro illegal stance I put little stock in concerning Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,279,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LOL, i didn't know your views represented all of arizonians.
His views are representative of a majority of Arizona residents

Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,563,358 times
I think the thread's title is correct--immigration IS a non-issue---it's the ILLEGAL immigration that causes all the 'furor'. That's why we've had some interest in discussing it--you don't see a "tire pressures" forum, or a "gas mileage" forum. You DO see an "immigration" forum (in fact, you're on it NOW)....and that's a euphemism. 99 percent of the discussion on this forum concerns ILLEGAL immigration....hardly sounds like what I'd call a 'non-issue"...

Old 01-23-2008, 12:20 PM

902 posts, read 718,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I think the thread's title is correct--immigration IS a non-issue---it's the ILLEGAL immigration that causes all the 'furor'. That's why we've had some interest in discussing it--you don't see a "tire pressures" forum, or a "gas mileage" forum. You DO see an "immigration" forum (in fact, you're on it NOW)....and that's a euphemism. 99 percent of the discussion on this forum concerns ILLEGAL immigration....hardly sounds like what I'd call a 'non-issue"...
Nothing more than the pro-illegals trying to steer the issue to immigration when it is really about illegal criminals and those that love them.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:51 PM

309 posts, read 365,727 times
Just heard more today on just how big of an issue this is.

Apparently, the State of Oregon is now REQUIRING ALL who want a drivers license to present another form of ID........like a SS Card, Passport or Birth Certificate.

Well, guess what?

Over 1,000 Latino-mostly are PROTESTING this requirement at the State Capitol in Salem!
WHO do "they" think they are to protest this?!

NOW.......these ILLEGAL immigrants would have to either go without a Driver's license, forge their own........or WALK.

Personally, I believe.......a protest with 1,000 very likely ILLEGALS......ALL in one place.....is a GREAT opportunity for Customs/INS to swoop in and begin the DEPORTATION procedures on these people!

So......WHY aren't they?

Old 01-23-2008, 05:13 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytripper View Post
Just heard more today on just how big of an issue this is.

Apparently, the State of Oregon is now REQUIRING ALL who want a drivers license to present another form of ID........like a SS Card, Passport or Birth Certificate.

Well, guess what?

Over 1,000 Latino-mostly are PROTESTING this requirement at the State Capitol in Salem!
WHO do "they" think they are to protest this?!

NOW.......these ILLEGAL immigrants would have to either go without a Driver's license, forge their own........or WALK.

Personally, I believe.......a protest with 1,000 very likely ILLEGALS......ALL in one place.....is a GREAT opportunity for Customs/INS to swoop in and begin the DEPORTATION procedures on these people!

So......WHY aren't they?
It is coming.............it is coming------the ICE raids.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:05 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,953,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
they just want the anchor baby votes... just like anything else.. once they get into office... you'll hear them spew off about then...

and anyone who thinks they are a benifit to our country is an idiot!
Yea because all Hispanics are anchor babies

Old 01-23-2008, 08:52 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,279,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Yea because all Hispanics are anchor babies
Excuse me? ALL Hispanics are anchor babies? Where do you come up with this PL?

Old 01-23-2008, 11:54 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,953,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Excuse me? ALL Hispanics are anchor babies? Where do you come up with this PL?
This Smily '' means sarcasm. Sarcasm- its real world Greatday. Real world. Why would you even question my comment? You know for a fact that I'm Hispanic and I'm not an anchor baby. Like George Lopez says, "Hey I'm here ain't I?".

Old 01-24-2008, 03:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I predict McCain will win all the border states and that will out this issue to bed for good.
They've got a border hospital on lockdown now. On the USA side. Mexican violence is only becoming worse -- massive migration of people out of Mexico does not seem to be making things more stable over there. Nor the big illegal drug trade which is closely tied with the illegal aliens -- obviously not all are here picking lettuce.

El Paso Times - Thomason Hospital remains under lockdown

Some of you have on big rose-colored glasses when it comes to Mexico. Or you've left it but now want all of Mexico brought over to the USA.

If it's so great -- then why don't you just relocate over to that country? Or if you find the cheap labor so much better than the American middle class -- move your business over to that country.

There is an obvious and glaring problem with millions of people flee their homeland and hundreds die trying to escape it. Yet -- there are some who are eager to have the USA become just like that country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration